Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2011, 11:19   #151
BHPian

Re: SX4 ZXi MT – 2010 – Nuevo Ownership Review

Apologies for the late replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
@fornax, have you made any long trips recently on the SX4? do you get the same response/ drive quality as when new?
Nopes, I've not been on any self-driven long trips recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidms View Post
Fornax,

Great review and ownership experience mate. Even I have a SX4 vvt zxi march 2010 model (oyster blue). We went through a very similar thought process as yours while buying. Its nice to see majority of Indica owners upgrading to SX4 (me included ).

Thankfully I have not faced a single problem with the car even after 9000 odd kms and almost a year . I have read somewhere on the forum regarding the servicing cost of SX4 being lesser than even an Indica, and I completely agree. Indica is definitely more expensive to maintain than a SX4.

Cheers
Although I still love my Indica - coz it was my first car - I would never take a look at any car that's serviced at Tata A.S.S.

Things have been brutally slow on the car front, as I'm still stuck at 8500 even after 18 months of ownership.
Old 4th May 2011, 12:28   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
Apologies for the late replies

Nopes, I've not been on any self-driven long trips recently.

Although I still love my Indica - coz it was my first car - I would never take a look at any car that's serviced at Tata A.S.S.

Things have been brutally slow on the car front, as I'm still stuck at 8500 even after 18 months of ownership.
I too own a Sx4 Zxi and wanted to know what mileage are you getting out of your car. What should be the tyre pressure to get a smooth ride and good FE?( I still have the JK tyres on my car).
Old 4th May 2011, 13:26   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
I too own a Sx4 Zxi and wanted to know what mileage are you getting out of your car.
My mileage is a dismal 8.5 - 9.0 Kms/l, primarily because I drive 99% in stop-go traffic. (24 signals across 14 kms!!!)

Quote:
What should be the tyre pressure to get a smooth ride and good FE?( I still have the JK tyres on my car).
Although the VVT carries a recommendation of 30 each, I invariably am told that 33 is ideal, and that's what I go along. Given the hard-suspension of SX4, I don't think the pressure in those tyres will do any good towards a smooth ride - it'll always be bit bumpy especially during rains.
Old 4th May 2011, 16:16   #154
BHPian

After more than a year of ownership and 11k on my odo I get about 10kmpl with ac, in new delhi.
Old 4th May 2011, 18:04   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
After more than a year of ownership and 11k on my odo I get about 10kmpl with ac, in new delhi.
Even my 10 months old Sx4 is giving aroung 9-10 kmpl. I think almost every sx4 user is getting around this figure. I try to drive very peacefully with less gear changes and no sudden bursts of acceleration. I had one question regarding the calculation of FE. I suppose tankfull to tankfull method is being used by everyone to calculate FE. Is there any other method to calculate FE. Now I never fill my car up to the brim. Is there any way of measuring FE without filling up your entire fuel tank?
Old 4th May 2011, 23:16   #156
BHPian

Quote:
...Is there any other method to calculate FE. Now I never fill my car up to the brim. Is there any way of measuring FE without filling up your entire fuel tank?
Yes there are sophisticated methods, used by Maruti A.S.S. to determine *precise* FE. One of the owners of SX4 from Bangalore (Digital_Dragon) has used it and placed photos of his report in his ownership review. Here's the link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1800913
Old 4th May 2011, 23:53   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Yes there are sophisticated methods, used by Maruti A.S.S. to determine *precise* FE. One of the owners of SX4 from Bangalore (Digital_Dragon) has used it and placed photos of his report in his ownership review. Here's the link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1800913
The figure of 10 kmpl which I said in an earlier post was a result of a testing by the Maruti dealer. My father had taken the car to the dealer to get the FE checked. So is it safe to assume that the FE got by the maruti dealer will be about the same we would get in real situation. My father told me that the maruti guys had used some special petrol to test the vehicle. I did not ask my father further about how the test was done. Thanks a lot for the link to the thread.
Old 31st May 2011, 15:33   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
I have seen this car on two occasions once back in September 2009. When I was not able to click pics and then again in 2010, when I finally managed to get the pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Hey

For all those who might be interested - was leaving my gym at Qutab hotel the other day and in the parking near the service apartment was a very normal looking Sx4, except it didnt have the Maruti Suzuki badge. Walked around, saw it wasnt the Indian one; had a few stickers in what I'm assuming to be Japanese; and get this - the 'to die for' OEM projector headlights! They looked phenonmenal, and had half a mind to unscrew them and take them home!! Next time will ask around and see who the owner is.

Exterior wasnt very different from the Indian Sx4, except the headlights. Interior had a different sound system; but thats all I could see since I was staring the headlights.

Finally at around 7:30-8:00 in the morning today. I saw that SX4 again here are the pics:

Notice the following stuff:

The car did not have the Maruti Suzuki badge instead just the Suzuki 'S' logo and SX4 logo on boot lid.

There are NO VVT or DDIS badges on the front fendors.

The Boot does not have the key cylinder for opening it.

Its shod with asymetrical tires on multi spoke alloys similar to the previous generation Accord V6.

The rear light was the same as the SX4 sold in the US. Only difference, a tiny Reflector in the corner clearly visible in the rear quarter angle.

The projector headlamps as found on the Japanese Spec.
Attached Thumbnails
SX4 ZXi MT – 2010 – Nuevo Ownership Review-img2011053100332.jpg  

SX4 ZXi MT – 2010 – Nuevo Ownership Review-img2011053100331.jpg  

Last edited by maglev : 31st May 2011 at 15:38.
Old 31st May 2011, 19:45   #159
BHPian

Those headlamps are indeed to die for. wish i could have them on my sx4. Maruti better come with these as a aftermarket add on. WOW.....btw now that the diesel version is out i assume either that this sx4 is an import...(u know last i saw an UN registered 2 door getz prime at def col) or maybe someone just got those lamps for his car and customized it nicely.
Old 18th January 2015, 01:04   #160
BHPian

Her journey is drawing to an end, both with me and in the market. Shame on you MS for replacing such an astounding performer with a dud engine in a bland car you call Ciaz.

Anyway, back to my beloved, she has served me brilliantly and just like my Indica, I have developed a deep bond with her. The Indica was extra special, being our family's first car, and the Beat least special, as its exclusively my wife's car, but the SX4 was with me through what can only be described as the peak of my life (neither healthwise nor wealthwise just family wise). Seeing off my tiny little kids on a 400 km drive with a solid assurance she gave of bringing them back safely will be the single biggest memory of her.

Thanks dear friend, they literally dont come in such packages anymore.
Fornax is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2015, 10:24   #161
BHPian

@Fornax - It truly is an incredible machine. I agree the interiors are plain boring and it drinks quite a lot but the confidence this car provides on highways is simply beyond comparison. The silky smooth 1.6 engine lacks the punch at low revs but take it beyond 2500 and see it fly!

I really don't understand why the SX4 turned out to be a flop. I guess it boils down to fuel efficiency. Nevertheless, it's special to us

Last edited by Aston Singh : 18th January 2015 at 10:25. Reason: Grammar
Aston Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2015, 23:39   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
@Fornax - It truly is an incredible machine. I agree the interiors are plain boring and it drinks quite a lot but the confidence this car provides on highways is simply beyond comparison. The silky smooth 1.6 engine lacks the punch at low revs but take it beyond 2500 and see it fly!

I really don't understand why the SX4 turned out to be a flop. I guess it boils down to fuel efficiency. Nevertheless, it's special to us
Thanks Aston. You have an incredible combination of cars - SX4 (my almost ex) and Altis (likely next). Mind a brief comparo, service and ownership experience wise?
Old 20th January 2015, 11:38   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
@Fornax - It truly is an incredible machine.... ...it's special to us
Quote:
Her journey .... ........biggest memory of her.

Agree with both of you.

We have two at home a ZXI (Mine) and VDI (my brother's car) and both of us don't know which car to buy next?

The SX4 is truly a great car to own and drive. The diesel one boasts of superb fuel efficiency as well 16-17 city and 20+ on the highway.

I plan to hold on for as long as possible.
maglev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 13:29   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
...I plan to hold on for as long as possible.
Damn...there goes my resolve to replace my car.

I know the market wont do justice to her, they are offering me a Nano's cost price for my 5-yr old fully loaded stock SX4! The diesel mania is likely to be curbed soon, as diesel is just 15-20% cheaper than already cheap Petrol. With crude expected to fall below $25 / barrel, I think it'd indeed be worthwhile to wait for the industry to catchup and hopefully launch likes of Civic or 1.8/2.0 Petrol Cruze by 2016 or thereabouts.

Sorry if the above was an unwarranted rant, have some time to kill while I wait...
Old 20th January 2015, 13:45   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Damn...there goes my resolve to replace my car.
Exactly same problem every owner of SX4 is with. What car next thread should be full of comments from SX4 owners asking for what car after SX4.
Most important issue with new cars is none have good ground clearance and the car buyer has to either go with a SUV/ Cross over/ stick to a low slung sedan.

Btw, can I know the cost of Goodyear tyres for SX4 that you paid.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks