Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2015, 13:52   #166
BHPian

Re: SX4 ZXi MT – 2010 – Nuevo Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup7649 View Post
...Btw, can I know the cost of Goodyear tyres for SX4 that you paid.
The Goodyears were stock tyres, I recently (about 1.5yrs ago) upgraded to Michelin Primacy's which cost 9K/piece then. In my conversation with the salesman, he'd claimed the Goodyears were about 1/2 the price of a Michelin Primacy. HTH.
Old 21st January 2015, 19:35   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
Thanks Aston. You have an incredible combination of cars - SX4 (my almost ex) and Altis (likely next). Mind a brief comparo, service and ownership experience wise?
Hi Fornax.

Thanks for the compliment. My parents are way too practical so no fancy cars or anything. They want absolute piece of mind so Maruti and Toyota are usually on top of their list.

I'll definitely share my experience soon. Just give me some time to prepare a short write up. You want an ownership experience for all my cars?
Old 24th January 2015, 12:34   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Hi Fornax.

Thanks for the compliment. My parents are way too practical so no fancy cars or anything. They want absolute piece of mind so Maruti and Toyota are usually on top of their list.

I'll definitely share my experience soon. Just give me some time to prepare a short write up. You want an ownership experience for all my cars?
Thanks Aston.

A comparison of ownership, driving experience, handling between SX4 and Altis is what I am looking for, since you have both, can you please help?
Old 31st January 2015, 09:54   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Aston.

A comparison of ownership, driving experience, handling between SX4 and Altis is what I am looking for, since you have both, can you please help?
Hey Fornax. I've been really busy lately so I'll just give a quick comparison between the two:

Ownership

I took the Altis for servicing yesterday, they did the 50k service being a 2009 model, running is just 33k at the moment. Brakes were serviced and engine oil and filter were changed. The car was ready in 3 hours! Total dent on the pocket - 5500

So that speaks a lot about the maintenance. Last servicing costed us 8k so bulletproof reliability from the Toyota stable.

SX4 is what I drive, the Altis is dad's. Maruti as we all know is equally reliable so I don't experience any issues with my SX4. Last servicing bill was 5500 at 37k odo reading - oil change, brakes serviced, filters changed.

Driving experience/Handling

This one's interesting. To quickly summarize, the Altis is more of a chauffeur driven types. It's not a fan of corners but straight line handling is great. Suspension setup is good and it soaks in bumps really well. Altis also masks high speeds really well so highway cruising is effortless. My Altis is the 2009 model with the 4 speed gearbox, so don't expect performance shifts but it does the job. Sports mode is available (no paddle shifters but) if you are looking for a bit of fun and high revvin!
(Kpl - 10-13)

The SX4 on the other hand is a good driver's car. Great stance, big tyres, body weight makes it fun to drive. Since you own one as well, you know what I'm talking about!
I am the guy that prefers manual shifts, you know the sorts where you shift down to overtake in style
(Kpl - 12-14.5)

Just to quickly summarize, both are great cars and serve different purposes. Honestly you can't go wrong with either one of them. They'll definitely serve you well.

Feel free to ask me more specifics. I've just typed this post in a rush so I'm sure I've missed out on a lot of things. I'll definitely add more to it very soon.
Old 11th June 2015, 18:03   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks dear friend, they literally dont come in such packages anymore.
Hey Fornax,

Which car did you choose to replace SX4 with ? SX4 is a tough act to beat, such a pleasure to drive.
Old 11th June 2015, 21:14   #171
BHPian

I was convinced about a MUV, but safety videos and logic have convinced me otherwise. Back to square one to be honest...the ideal car would have been the Civic, but I doubt if Honda can make Civic under 18L and sell under 20L in India.

Chevy Cruze is being unveiled (not launched) on Jun-24...will likely wait until then / till I find a buyer for my car.
Old 12th June 2015, 11:21   #172
BHPian

Quote:
I was convinced about a MUV, but safety videos and logic have convinced me otherwise. Back to square one to be honest...the ideal car would have been the Civic, but I doubt if Honda can make Civic under 18L and sell under 20L in India.

Chevy Cruze is being unveiled (not launched) on Jun-24...will likely wait until then / till I find a buyer for my car.
Fornax, wait for the S-cross! If they do bring it out with the 1.6 Fiat diesel engine (118bhp/320Nm), it'll be a great upgrade with prices around 10L ex-showroom.
Old 12th June 2015, 23:22   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Fornax, wait for the S-cross! If they do bring it out with the 1.6 Fiat diesel engine (118bhp/320Nm), it'll be a great upgrade with prices around 10L ex-showroom.
No Aston, that would still be a downgrade...coz its minus the boot and is diesel. I loved the chinese spec Cruze, if they bring it here...they will be right in business.
Old 13th June 2015, 08:57   #174
Senior - BHPian

A GM product in India is always a tricky proposition. Why don't you TD an Elantra? I am keeping my SX4. She will share the garage with my Storme 4X4 which is expected to be delivered around June 24.
Old 15th June 2015, 11:57   #175
BHPian

Quote:
No Aston, that would still be a downgrade...coz its minus the boot and is diesel. I loved the chinese spec Cruze, if they bring it here...they will be right in business.
The boot is expected to be 400+ L so I don't think that should be an issue. But if you are inclined towards a petrol option then S cross is definitely not worth considering. Only the 1.6 MJD makes me wanna look at it, nothing else to be honest.

General Motors - Avoid! We all know Cruze is a great product but it's GM at the end of the day. They don't seem to be focusing on the Indian market at all. I wouldn't get my hopes too high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
A GM product in India is always a tricky proposition. Why don't you TD an Elantra? I am keeping my SX4. She will share the garage with my Storme 4X4 which is expected to be delivered around June 24.
Elantra is a good package indeed. Loaded with features, engine is pretty decent as well. But the infamous steering feedback! Some might be able to live with it, not me
Old 2nd August 2015, 21:29   #176
BHPian

As with all good thkngs in life, this chapter closes today having fetched me approx same as the IDV on the day of sale. However the day also marks the submission of my desires to something undesirable, ordinary and lacklustre, only to meet the family goals and constraints of my parking lot.

All set to buy Ertiga ZXi soon.
Old 22nd August 2015, 22:22   #177
BHPian

Quote:
...All set to buy Ertiga ZXi soon.
Thankfully, logic and sanity prevailed, and instead went with Toyota Innova Vx 7 Seater (BS IV).

The thought of buying an Ertiga felt like a serious demotion, a step down, a devaluation of life, values and everything I hold dear. Nothing against MS, nor the Ertiga, just that its just too ordinary to be owned, IMHO.

Given that I have gone with Innova, which has been thoroughly documented on team-BHP.com and elsewhere, plus its few months away from a new generation, hence I will spare the board of my ownership thread. But, I sure am gonna pamper it lkke nothing else...

Thanks to all.

PS: Sale of SX4 gave back 42% of original on-road after 5.5 years, as I sold it to an individual who cared to value the pampering bestowed on my car.

Mods: Please close this thread.
Attached Thumbnails
SX4 ZXi MT – 2010 – Nuevo Ownership Review-20150813_170542.jpg  

Last edited by Fornax : 22nd August 2015 at 22:29.
Fornax is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks