Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2010, 18:28   #31
BHPian

Nice car. For some reason, i love white on the ANHC. What is the FE you get on this car?
Old 9th February 2010, 19:39   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
Honda guys are not encouraging tyre upgrade to an upgraded size as it may void the suspentions warranty . So i am not going to touch that ( for now atleast )
I would however put some alloys once i get the time ( and spare cash )
Wont having non-Honda alloy void the warranty?
Old 10th February 2010, 17:07   #33
BHPian

rjalihal - My first tankful was 9.5 with running only in city. 2nd tank with primarily 80% highway run was 14. As long as it settles to 10 - 11 in Mumbai city i am ok with that. None of my previous cars have even touched 2 digits.

VNK77 - I think They are ok if a non honda alloy is of same rimsize of 15 inch . In the end it all depends on your relations with your service guy. I have seen many city with upgraded tyres as well as bigger alloys.

And yes I do have a problem with GC. Not really on speed breakers but when reversing an steep slope the silencer tip sometimes just kisses the ground :(

People staying in Juhu area would know . See any of the building ( Non redeveloped ) which is 10 + years old . The road level is raised by 2 feet so all old buildings and bungalows are at below road level . My neighbours civic has same problem , but an i10 and an accent are fine on this same slope.
Old 17th February 2010, 20:29   #34
BHPian

1000 kMS , 1st service update - Mods please update the thread title .

I did my very first service at Solitaire honda , Borivili east workshop. The workshop is quite big and the experience was overall good. Car was delivered in 4 hours time . I guess there is nothing much to be done in the first service besides checking , tightening and topping up.

Bill was Zero rs. They did brush touchup on a minor scratch which looks OK from far but on close look you can make out that its touched up . Not very neat but OK.

Solitaire workshop is very far from where i stay . Rickshaw fare comes to 120 bucks to go there . Their 2nd service centre is starting shortly in Andheri near Laxmi Ind Estate is what they told me

I also did a Mumbai Pune trip also in the car and got a mileage of 15KMPL.

Have put the following mods after my previous updates

1) HR Alloys 4 pcs - 15 inch ( Decided not to upsize )
2) Full Stanley Leather seat covers + door trims . Pictures are attached . I am so happy to see the beige fabric go from the doors. I feel the car now looks very nice and it was wise to go for all black instead beige seats.
3) 3M Underbody and paint protection .
4) Reverse Parking Sensor - Dashboard type . - Absolutely didnt like the xenos one that fits on rear view mirror.

The best thing that i liked in this mini ownership so far is that there are no surprises . Nothing fell off , nothing stopped working. Well engineered product , works well . No nonsense car. No unscheduled visits to service centre to fix this or that . Can best be described as " Uneventful "
Attached Thumbnails
Got our new car - 3rd-Gen Honda City-15022010006.jpg  

Got our new car - 3rd-Gen Honda City-15022010007.jpg  

Got our new car - 3rd-Gen Honda City-17022010001.jpg  

Got our new car - 3rd-Gen Honda City-17022010004.jpg  

Got our new car - 3rd-Gen Honda City-17022010005.jpg  

Got our new car - 3rd-Gen Honda City-17022010006.jpg  

Got our new car - 3rd-Gen Honda City-17022010008.jpg  

Got our new car - 3rd-Gen Honda City-17022010009.jpg  

Got our new car - 3rd-Gen Honda City-17022010011.jpg  

Old 17th February 2010, 22:22   #35
Senior - BHPian

@Manish
Does your City have the muted beige interior or is it the new bright biege? I can't make out the exact colour from the picture.
Black seats look good.
Old 17th February 2010, 22:40   #36
BHPian

It has the bright beige colour
Old 18th February 2010, 06:13   #37
BHPian

The fit, finish and quality of leather seats looks very good in picture, Could you please share the type / grade of leather used and full price you paid for it.
Old 18th February 2010, 08:24   #38
Senior - BHPian

The tyres are going well with the car! Congrats! I am a fan of beige so I won't comment on the black treatment
Old 18th February 2010, 10:04   #39
BHPian

@TheBeastFieast

This is classic stanley and i paid Rs 28K for the Seats Plus the door Trims. Its the pure leather on all sides front,side and back . If one goes for leather only where your skin touches the seats , and PU leather the back and sides it reduces cost by 6-7K .

Dealer even showed me stanley engineered leather seats @ 16K . I didnt know that they had something like that . But i was not overly impressed by it.

@prince_pervez
The tyres are stock tyres that came with the car. I only bought alloys in the same rim size. Cost of these alloys was Rs 17.5K for a set of 4
Old 20th January 2015, 00:52   #40
BHPian

re: Got our new car - 3rd-Gen Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post

3) I did an immobilizer test . Had got a mechanical only key made for the car cleaner and tested it . Confirmed that it does not start the engine. Green light appears on the dash when a fake key is used . It cost me 800 bucks to get the key made . Immobilizer key costs 2.5k .
(NOT DONE FROM HONDA DEALER ).
Pm me if anyone wants to know where to get keys made on the spot.
Can you pm me the contact details for the key. I got only one key with the remote. Will this dude make the key with the remote or would it be a simple one.
Old 21st January 2015, 07:54   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
Can you pm me the contact details for the key. I got only one key with the remote. Will this dude make the key with the remote or would it be a simple one.
Key Masters (search t bhp mumbai dir) can do the same for you as well if needed.Got my Civic's key made from them.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2015, 00:56   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Key Masters (search t bhp mumbai dir) can do the same for you as well if needed.Got my Civic's key made from them.
Many thanks for the reply. I got the number as you guided me. Called up the guy called Pintu from key masters today evening and he sent a guy within two hours. The man was quick too hardly 15 minutes and the key was done.
I got the one with the remote. Build quality feels no different from the original.
Although I did feel a slight difference in weight of the duplicate key. Honda service center had quoted me more than double of what this guy charged me.
Old 24th January 2015, 12:00   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
Many thanks for the reply. I got the number as you guided me. Called up the guy called Pintu from key masters today evening and he sent a guy within two hours. The man was quick too hardly 15 minutes and the key was done.
I got the one with the remote. Build quality feels no different from the original.
Although I did feel a slight difference in weight of the duplicate key. Honda service center had quoted me more than double of what this guy charged me.
The key needs to be cut too from the original.He had bought the cutting machine as well with him ?
Old 6th December 2015, 23:57   #44
BHPian

Re: Got our new car - 3rd-Gen Honda City

Finally after almost a year i did something that i always wanted to get done which was black alloys.Here are a few pics of my ivtec city with the black gloss alloys. These are the stock rims that came with the car.It has changed the look completely of the car. Many of my friends have not liked it but an equal number of friends have liked it too.
Attached Thumbnails
Got our new car - 3rd-Gen Honda City-img_20151128_133106.jpg  

Got our new car - 3rd-Gen Honda City-img_20151202_165950.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks