Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2010, 21:25   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwask82 View Post
Safin,

Can u please provide the name of insurance company ? Has the dealer confirmed that you will be getting a 2010 manufactured vehicle?
Yup 2010 manufactured i20 and the insurance company is Bajaj Allianz
Old 27th January 2010, 21:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

One can get the manufacture date from the VIN number!

btw congrats mvj1976 on the heavenly sparkle blue i20 Asta! It really is a looker!

Do visit the 'Aesthetics' thread on tips to maintain its 'new' look!
Old 27th January 2010, 21:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Is there a turbo lag before 2K rpm or does the car pull even from low rpms. How is city driving. Do you need lots of gear changes to be in power band?
Old 28th January 2010, 23:00   #19

Congratulation mvj1976. Please post some pics of the stunning beauty. I am also going to get my asta CRDi this Saturday; but she is Dark Grey.

Quote:
Can u please provide the name of insurance company ?
vishwask82, if you are interested to know about the insurance in Bangalore, i got it from ICICI Lombard for 15K which includes all passenger cover. I got the insurance done by myself.

--varsom
Old 28th January 2010, 23:22   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safin View Post
Yup 2010 manufactured i20 and the insurance company is Bajaj Allianz
Thank you Safin, I'm waiting for the weekend too . I am planning to go with Oriental which is around the same price. Any accessories planned for your beauty?

Happy and safe motoring.

Regards,

Vish
Old 28th January 2010, 23:25   #21
BHPian

Congrats MVJ on your new car. Sparkle Blue is a great color.

Where are the customary pics ?
Old 28th January 2010, 23:28   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varsom View Post

vishwask82, if you are interested to know about the insurance in Bangalore, i got it from ICICI Lombard for 15K which includes all passenger cover. I got the insurance done by myself.

--varsom
Thank you Varsom. Congrats!!
Are you getting your vehicle from Trident or Advaith? Any freebies offered on i20 Asta CRDi? Happy and safe motoring.

Regards,

Vish
Old 29th January 2010, 10:59   #23

Quote:
Thank you Varsom. Congrats!!
Are you getting your vehicle from Trident or Advaith? Any freebies offered on i20 Asta CRDi? Happy and safe motoring.

Regards,

Vish
Thanks Vish, I am getting it from Trident. This is our second purchase from them. Got a car cover and some discounts in 3M window films and under body anti rust coating other than the regular mud flaps and mats. They said no offers or freebies on i20.

Where are you getting your beauty from?
Old 29th January 2010, 19:43   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varsom View Post
Thanks Vish, I am getting it from Trident. This is our second purchase from them. Got a car cover and some discounts in 3M window films and under body anti rust coating other than the regular mud flaps and mats. They said no offers or freebies on i20.

Where are you getting your beauty from?
Yes Varsom, No offers or freebies on i20 for now. I am taking delivery from Trident on sunday.

If you have booked from Sankey road branch, then i saw your i20 Asta CRDi in Grey awaiting you arrival @ the showroom today. Looks awesome in grey. This will be the same colour of my beauty too

I will have to purchase a car cover as b'lore now is very dusty/polluted place. Need to keep the beauty protected

Regards,

Vish
Old 29th January 2010, 23:21   #25

Quote:
Yes Varsom, No offers or freebies on i20 for now. I am taking delivery from Trident on sunday.

If you have booked from Sankey road branch, then i saw your i20 Asta CRDi in Grey awaiting you arrival @ the showroom today. Looks awesome in grey. This will be the same colour of my beauty too

I will have to purchase a car cover as b'lore now is very dusty/polluted place. Need to keep the beauty protected
Regards,
Vish
I booked it at Hosur Road. I am gona her tomorrow morning. Will start a new thread soon with initial ownership review report. Cant wait till tomorrow
Old 30th January 2010, 19:10   #26

Thanks all

Thanks to everyone for the wishes. I am sorry for not posting any pics yet. Been a little busy of late and couldn't find time to do a proper photo shoot of the car. Will try to do it in the next few days and post the pics here. But it's definitely going to be a challenge to match the skills of people like JayD and few others who have done full justice to the beauty of the i20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Congrats. Is there a turbo lag before 2K rpm or does the car pull even from low rpms. How is city driving. Do you need lots of gear changes to be in power band?
Gemi, There definitely is a turbo lag till around the 1800rpm mark. But it is not so bad that it spoils the driving experience. It took me a couple of days to get the hang of it since I had only driven petrol cars before. The trick is to up-shift very late and you will have no problems. In crowded roads of Bangalore, I tend to be in 2nd and 3rd gear most of the time. In bumper to bumper traffic and when negotiating large speed humps, you will need to down-shift to 1st gear. By my observations so far, the following tends to be my shifting pattern.

1st -> 2nd @ 2000 rpm
2nd -> 3rd @ 2500 rpm
3rd -> 4th and 4th -> 5th @3000 rpm

So far i have avoided taking the engine beyond 3000 rpm. However, now that I have completed around 3000 kms, i plan to delay the shift from 4th to 5th to 3500rpm.

I would like to get the opinions of other i20 CRDi owners on this forum in this regard.
Old 30th January 2010, 23:43   #27
BHPian

Hi MVJ, Congrats for your new car.I am planning on a diesel hatch in may or june & i have two queries.First , how is the steering feel? Is it too light in city traffic & also how is the ride quality? There were some pointers elsewhere in the forum regarding the same. Please share your experiance.
Secondly , how is the music system, can the same be upgraded to an aftermarket one & retain the original dash look, does the dealer provide any options??
Old 31st January 2010, 16:31   #28
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

I have owned Hyundai Diesel cars since 2003. My first diesel was a 2003 Accent CRDi. I sold this car in August 2009, having done approx. 82000 kms. I have replaced the Accent with an i20 CRDi Asta (Berry Red), opted for a smaller car on account of the traffic and parking problems in Bangalore.

The Accent performed very well and I had not replaced the clutch nor had the car any back compression problems. I used to service this car every 7500 kms (Hyundai recommends every 10K kms for service). Always used the dead pedal after changing gears (rarely is my left foot on the clutch for long periods)

Since there are many first time Diesel Owners, I would like to advice based on my past experience
  1. Service the car always on time. In an oil burner the oil and filters must be changed on time. I always service my car at 7500 kms. Back compression in a diesel engine is very expensive to repair (75K in an Accent)
  2. Get used to using the Dead Pedal, never ride the clutch. Clutch repacement is very expensive (12K in an Accent)
  3. Learn to drive with the gears at lower speeds. The thrill is in the driving at a good torque. You have to change gears more often in a diesel car.
  4. Driving in very high revs do not help, unlike a petrol engine. The diesel actually looses engine power once the revs crosses the limit.
  5. Try and stick to one fuel station as far as possible.
All the best
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2010, 19:43   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush78 View Post
Hi MVJ, Congrats for your new car.I am planning on a diesel hatch in may or june & i have two queries.First , how is the steering feel? Is it too light in city traffic & also how is the ride quality? There were some pointers elsewhere in the forum regarding the same. Please share your experiance.
Secondly , how is the music system, can the same be upgraded to an aftermarket one & retain the original dash look, does the dealer provide any options??
Hi Piyush
Regarding the steering, i feel it is ideal for city traffic. It is light and very smooth. It becomes little more heavy when you go more than 80kmph. I feel it strikes a good balance between safety and maneuverability.

The ride quality is very good. If you are upgrading from any of the smaller cars like WagonR, Santro, M800, Zen etc. then it will be a day and night difference. On good and moderate quality roads you will have absolutely no complaints since the car just soaks up any small bumps and pot holes. However, from my observations, on unpaved, stony roads or roads with lots of potholes, the car tends to sway a lot. Thankfully I don't have too many of such bad roads in the places that I drive so it isn't a deal-breaker for me.

Coming to the music system, I am very satisfied with it's sound quality. I would go to the extent of saying that the speakers are better than most factory fitted ones that I have seen in the B and C segment cars. However, you will need to tweak the bass/treble settings to get the sound that you like as the default settings don't bring out the best from the speakers. I have no idea about fitting aftermarket sound systems. At least my dealer did not give me any such options. Perhaps other members on the forum can provide inputs on this.
Old 9th February 2010, 18:44   #30
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 16th April 2010 at 14:22.
AdrenalinJunkie is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks