Team-BHP - Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/74219-review-1st-gen-ford-figo-2010-a-40.html)

I checked out the Ford Figo at the 'Relio Quick Auto Mall-2010' in Mumbai. After reading GTO's review, I didn't have much expectations from this car. First look at it, and the Figo doesn't excite you at all. The front end was made to look like the Focus but it fails to impress. The rear is also boring to look at. Once you step inside, it's again not exciting at all. The plastic quality is just about average. The steering is big and chunky. The car does not match equipment levels as compared to it's competitors. Even the top end variant does not have rear power windows! Although some good points about the Figo are extremely good rear space and boot. No issues there at all. The other USP of the car will be the engine. The diesel will surely outsell the MJDs.

Here are some pictures of the Titanium variant...

See the odo meter of this car in picture. It has run 1787km. Why did they did so? After all its for display only and need to keep it neat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkerala (Post 1767234)
See the odo meter of this car in picture. It has run 1787km. Why did they did so? After all its for display only and need to keep it neat.

This could very well be a car which was made available to journos for test drive. And having some mileage in odo does not mean the car is not neat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkerala (Post 1765844)
Can anyone compare estilo with figo I think both have almost same price. Estilo top end = figo starting price.

I have a very interesting thread for you on a similar line of thought. Linky to related thread

ARAI figures for the figo:

Petrol = 15.6 kmpl

Diesel = 20 kmpl

Good Enough?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang.101 (Post 1768367)
ARAI figures for the figo:

Petrol = 15.6 kmpl

Diesel = 20 kmpl

Good Enough?

Most of the dealers and people are saying it as highway mileage and the city mileage is 10 kmpl for figo petrol.

Exactly what is the city and highway mileage for figo?

Saw video on figo by ford.

YouTube - ford figo corporate film

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkerala (Post 1768413)
Most of the dealers and people are saying it as highway mileage and the city mileage is 10 kmpl for figo petrol.

Exactly what is the city and highway mileage for figo?

dude ARAI figures are for 80% city & 20% highway . I am not going to comment on just city figures without any source validating my claim. As otherwise 'i will be seen as promoting ford figo'

:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang.101 (Post 1768423)
dude ARAI figures are for 80% city & 20% highway . I am not going to comment on just city figures without any source validating my claim. As otherwise 'i will be seen as promoting ford figo'

:)

Ok thanks from "80% city & 20% highway" its a city mileage.

Slightly off-track, maybe. Got an invite from one of Mumbai's FORD dealers, for a small 'get together' party ( I even get to choose between 9th and 10th March, any time between 10 AM to 8 PM ) Occassion ? Official Lauch of FIGO prices ! clap:

Either FORD is very sincere about makng this car a success, or this is an excellent dealership ! I mention this, since I made almost equal efforts with Tata, Hyundai and VW. As I said earlier, they promptly forgot me. :deadhorse

too many materials being used from the Fiesta.but i liked the fiesta in terms of looks

There is no doubt Ford is really serious about this. They can no longer afford to be a fringe player in this market. They have got to get this right, at whatever cost. But I still feel they could have put more effort behind the petrol engine.

Visited Ford showroom and had a look at Figo. Test drive starts from 9th March.
This is my feedback about the car:

- Looks and styling is average, but a sturdy car
- Both front and seats are very good and comfortable - gives good support, especially for long drives
- Dash board is average, may look better in black color
- Fee service for 1L Km / 2 years is impressive
- Hope the Fiesta Engine delivers best reliability, power and mileage

The success lies in the pricing and the cost of keeping the car. Eagerly waiting for the announcement on - 9th March.

Hi,

My first post on team-bhp clap:

Regarding the Figo pricing I can tell some little secrets

Petrol: 3.5 Lakh
Diesel: 4.5 Lakh (90% confirmed)

And Ford employees are getting 30% off on the Figo petrol (all variants...) but not on the diesel... ford seems to have already enough bookings on the diesel for a sexy start

Anyway I am interested in the Polo Diesel or Figo Diesel as a workhorse for my company but wanna testdrive both first. Polo better quality (have enough VW experience to say such things, as being a german :uncontrol ) but Figo cheaper and more space.

lets see what the TD will say.

And lets see if the numbers are correct

cheers

Man; I saw this car at Metro Ford & felt there was nothing in it other than the acres of space (Rear Room in particular), pricing and the ARAI Fuel Efficiency (Which is subjective). The design is something I can live with but I wonder how many are going to take to it. I find the interiors quite ordinary even on the TITANIUM variant.

The ECU is Made in France. Wonder how it landed up there.