Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2011, 18:10   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Grand Vitara 2.4

Was there any symptoms or was it a "recall" replacement on all 2.4L GV's?
Old 28th April 2011, 18:30   #62
BHPian

E-Mail dealer got doesn't say 'recall'. But must be. Google found SUZUKI GRAND VITARA 2.4 PETROL Recall - Drive belt tensioner may break., 2008-2011 Suzuki Grand Vitara recalled in Australia | Car Advice | Reviews
Old 1st July 2011, 00:26   #63
BHPian

Did the 30,000km service today. 1.3k for oil change etc. Had told SA to check suspension, brakes, clutch. He said 'all OK'. Brakes, probably they look for pad wear - how do they 'check' suspension and clutch?

Also tinkered and painted a door (5k) and replaced LHS mirror (.7k). Mirror, thankfully only the glass had to be bought - housing plus motor would've made it 10k+.
Old 1st July 2011, 07:32   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Hardy workhorse. Been through many tough trips with virtually zero after attention needs.

Suspension is checked by driving and feel. There is no way check struts/shockers without dismounting them.
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 16:05   #65
Team-BHP Support

Oh, you completed 30K in July? You must have crossed me by now. I just hit 38K yesterday.

Yesterday I saw a blue GV pass me from the front, thought it might be you. But I see yours is not blue. It was somebody else.
Old 19th September 2011, 23:56   #66
BHPian

Not yet.. 35k now, probably will end the year at 40.
Old 2nd April 2012, 16:40   #67
BHPian

GV has done 44,000km.

Replaced lots of parts beginning of the year - battery, clutch plates, clutch cover assembly, release bearings, fly wheel. None of these were necessary, but did it to get peace of mind during Desert Storm.

Just after the rally, replaced the rear propeller shaft assembly. During a bottom impact, the cross member beam had bent a little, shifting the gear box and causing the propeller shaft to slowly (over 2000 km) wear its teeth off. So replaced the cross member too.

Other casualties were: front strut assembly (coil spring plus dampener is sold as 1 unit in the front), back right side lower arm and both rear shock absorbers (dampeners). Also replaced some plastics - two fender linings, front bumper guard.

Now that the car was back to new, got some goodies installed at GT Tuners.

Ironman Vega lights:
Grand Vitara 2.4-gvlights.jpg

bracket:
Grand Vitara 2.4-gvlightsbrackettop.jpg

without lights:
Grand Vitara 2.4-gvlightsbracketremoved.jpg

Ironman suspension kit:

before:
Grand Vitara 2.4-gvsuspbefore.jpg

after:
Grand Vitara 2.4-gvsuspafter.jpg

Handling is one of the high points of the GV, and the Ironman suspension hasn't compromised it at all. Suspension is much stiffer, which I like. It is also supposed to be stronger/more durable than the OE ones, but we will know that only in the long run. There is also a small lift, little less than 2 inches.
oldmonk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 17:54   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Costs Oldmonk??

Looks a bit high from the side view and that is likely to offset somewhat the cornering ability. How fast you tested it around a curve?

Mughal Rally next??
Old 2nd April 2012, 18:22   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Costs Oldmonk??

Looks a bit high from the side view and that is likely to offset somewhat the cornering ability. How fast you tested it around a curve?

Mughal Rally next??
Suspension 57k, Lights 16k.

Haven't consciously tested, but I've been driving fast and haven't felt anything very different. But will try some corners and get back.

Mughal is very tempting, since it is only a 2 day event. And in the Himalayas. But Srinagar is too far, costly to drive to and fro! Will need to figure some other arrangement. Sponsors? Rent a Gypsy from Delhi? Anyway two more months before that..

Next though is Dakshin Dare, starting on 9th.
Old 17th April 2012, 16:57   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
How fast you tested it around a curve?
I'm back. The rally itself was slow (and borrrring) but we got a lot of free zones in the many ghats we crossed. Drove fast there and tested a lot and happy to say that handling hasn't been compromised at all. Suspension is also a little softer now (after driving 2500km), so wife is complaining a little less Haven't checked rear seat passengers comfort yet.
Old 13th July 2012, 10:54   #71
BHPian

How easy or difficult is it to maintain a Grand Vitara considering the availablity and prices of spares with the Maruti service stations or outside? I have an offer for buying a 2007 Grand Vitara which has done about 55k kms. So I want to know will it be easy to maintain it considering the fact that the Grand Vitara is a CBU import.
Old 28th July 2012, 10:24   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
How easy or difficult is it to maintain a Grand Vitara considering the availablity and prices of spares with the Maruti service stations or outside? I have an offer for buying a 2007 Grand Vitara which has done about 55k kms. So I want to know will it be easy to maintain it considering the fact that the Grand Vitara is a CBU import.
Haven't had any issue with parts availability. Dealers don't stock not-so-common parts but they always manage to get them from Gurgaon in a couple of days.
oldmonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2012, 19:10   #73
BHPian

Hi guys,
Can anyone clarify as to how accurate is the average fuel consumption indicator on the 2007 Grand Vitara? I just picked the car from Bangalore and travelled about 500kms and the indicator is showing 9.9 kmpl as the average for the entire journey. I have to refill the tank to full to assess the actual FE.
Old 29th July 2012, 19:31   #74
Team-BHP Support

The GV FE meter is very very accurate. Might be little off if you are not on original size (225/70R16) tyre.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 19:15   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
The GV FE meter is very very accurate. Might be little off if you are not on original size (225/70R16) tyre.
Hats off to you Samurai. The GV FE meter is in fact very very accurate. I filled up the tank and it took exactly 55 litres for 550 kms. Now please tell me as to what I can do to to improve my GVs mileage. I am driving very light footedly and the 10kmpl mileage I got was purely highway mileage.

I have switched to K & N air filter and I am getting the said mileage with K & N only. So if there is anything I can do to get even better mileage than what I am getting I will do all the possible things that need to be done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks