Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2010, 14:59   #16
BHPian

Congrats on the Xylo.

The car looks great in white. I never knew that the Xylo would look this good. Your pics have enlightened me about the Xylo. Need to look up on tbhp and internet about it more.

Please do post your experiences in this thread, especially the driving dynamics, handling etc.. Also keep posting pics.
Old 28th January 2010, 15:14   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer78 View Post
Congratulations on your new buy Vista. Xylo looks great in white. Which dealer you bought it from ? Was the dealer experience good ?
Thank you Wanderer78. I got it from G3 Motors in Navi Mumbai. I am yet to post my complete review on the Dealer experience and delivery. I would honestly say It is not the best. Though the sales team is pretty apt in answering your queries but lacks professionalism. But once can deal with it. Its the product we are more interested in. There have ben instances that I'll talk about in my review which shall really help the readers please do check that out. I'll be posting it on here very soon.
Old 28th January 2010, 17:30   #18
BHPian

Hey Vista...
Sorry For being a bit late!
My heartiest congratulations to you for your new Beast..The Xylo definately looks the best in white(rocky's as well), M&M had no introduced it earlier!!(God knows Why!!)
Keep munchin miles and do update regularly
Waiting eagerly for your dealer experiences....!!
Your being late on starting the Thread has been balanced by the number of pics posted

Regards

Last edited by don_carmaster : 28th January 2010 at 17:33.
Old 28th January 2010, 17:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
The car looks great in white. I never knew that the Xylo would look this good. Your pics have enlightened me about the Xylo. Need to look up on tbhp and internet about it more.

Please do post your experiences in this thread, especially the driving dynamics, handling etc.. Also keep posting pics.
Your post goes to prove that people are slowly starting to like the looks of the Xylo. I agree the Xylo is not a looker, yet it slowly grows on you.

There was an amazing thread on the Xylo by a member here and I forgot the thread opener. You can probably read my review too. Here it is.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...e6-2009-a.html
Old 28th January 2010, 18:09   #20
BHPian

@ Bejay
The review you are reffering would may be by Vinay Rathore
Here it goes
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...6-onwards.html
Vinay has written a very good and detailed report of his beast which is nearing a year now!! but somehow he is not active on that thread anymore ... I even PM him but in vain.
Regards
Old 28th January 2010, 18:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Yes Don, that's the one.
Old 28th January 2010, 18:28   #22
BHPian

Hey just heard about the The fact that the beast is now also available with an mDi CRDe engine in the E2 variant and has an ex showroom of 6.3 lakhs , it returns mileage of 13 with 22kgm of torque and churning out 95 bhp
This engine has stats lower than the present mEagle ,but has reduced maintainence cost!
It may be launched for the Taxi market
ANy Insights!!

Regards
Old 29th January 2010, 09:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

That is called the D2 engine. Lower specs more frugal. As you have rightly said, targeted at the Taxi segment.
Guess its not launched as yet.
Old 29th January 2010, 09:59   #24
BHPian

Hey Vista,

Congrats on your buy. I'm in a fix between an Innova and Xylo, but looking at VFM, I guess I should pick up a Xylo. Ofcourse, the first look does not convince you, but we rather grow over it. It was the same with Honda City ZX as well. Please post your experiences.
Also read somewhere that the mHawk engine is being fitted to Xylo is arriving. This website says FEB 2010, does anyone has any update on that?
Upcoming cars in India - DriveInside.com

Cheers,
Laxminarayan
Old 29th January 2010, 15:00   #25
BHPian

@beejay
I guess its launched and open for booking but the delivery is atleast a month away
Old 29th January 2010, 15:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
@beejay
I guess its launched and open for booking but the delivery is atleast a month away
Okay. Will see if I am able to TD the next time I am in Coimbatore.
Old 29th January 2010, 19:32   #27
BHPian

hey beejay and don carmaster i don't think that the D2 engined xylo is available as yet. i think it will take longer than February for you to get a test drive. The xylo with the airbag was announced at the end of november 2009 but we are still waiting for it. the d2 engine was announced only at the end of december, so i guess it will take much longer.
Old 30th January 2010, 02:09   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer78 View Post
Vista, another question. What are the colours / interiors available in E8 version ?
Hi Wanderer78...when I was choosing mine the showroom had the Red with Beige & walnut brown interiors, Java Brown with Black interiors and white with with Beige & walnut brown interiors.

The java brown looked good too. I did notice other colors on the www.mahindraxylo.com website but didnt get to see any other range than above listed in real.
Old 30th January 2010, 02:19   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxminarayan View Post
Hey Vista,

Congrats on your buy. I'm in a fix between an Innova and Xylo, but looking at VFM, I guess I should pick up a Xylo. Ofcourse, the first look does not convince you, but we rather grow over it. It was the same with Honda City ZX as well. Please post your experiences.
Also read somewhere that the mHawk engine is being fitted to Xylo is arriving. This website says FEB 2010, does anyone has any update on that?
Upcoming cars in India - DriveInside.com

Cheers,
Laxminarayan
!! Thank you Laxminarayan !! I would agree on the VFM Xylo proves a fit on all fronts. I was in the same turmoil of thoughts as you are about a month agao. The main reasons that made me drift towards the Xylo were:
A - Good seating height. This definately helps give you a psycological advantage when in traffic. Is that it? Nopes it definately is what it is meaning you do feel the pride of being at that height. Trust me.
B - Good quality seats. The middle row is a heaven to be on when the Xylo ride. Its got loads of space.

The flip side definately exists - the Innova engine is rather more silent !!
Old 30th January 2010, 02:20   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
hey beejay and don carmaster i don't think that the D2 engined xylo is available as yet. i think it will take longer than February for you to get a test drive. The xylo with the airbag was announced at the end of november 2009 but we are still waiting for it. the d2 engine was announced only at the end of december, so i guess it will take much longer.
Agreed Rocky080. I saw a Scorpio M2Di with Hybrid Technology. My guess is they might get it for the Xylo too. It helps saves a lot of fuel I've just heard.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks