Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2010, 20:53   #46
BHPian

Re: Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)

@9thsphinx, adimicra
i get your point regards the clutch not being fully engaged but i have noticed that it is a bit hard to shift it into second gear, as i said before it happens only during a cold start and i don't intend to call it a problem cause it is just an observation.
its nothing that warrants a visit to the service station immediately but will surely ask them to have a look at the next service.
so i thought of sharing it here and see if other jazz owners have had any similar experience.
will keep your suggestion in mind if i come across this minor minor problem again

@mail4ajo
the seat covers were provided by the Honda dealer.

also my jazz has completed almost 11k km and is performing flawlessly.
getting an average of around 16km/l in city without ac.
Old 19th December 2010, 23:57   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
@9thsphinx, adimicra
i get your point regards the clutch not being fully engaged but i have noticed that it is a bit hard to shift it into second gear, as i said before it happens only during a cold start and i don't intend to call it a problem cause it is just an observation.
its nothing that warrants a visit to the service station immediately but will surely ask them to have a look at the next service.
so i thought of sharing it here and see if other jazz owners have had any similar experience.
will keep your suggestion in mind if i come across this minor minor problem again

@mail4ajo
the seat covers were provided by the Honda dealer.

also my jazz has completed almost 11k km and is performing flawlessly.
getting an average of around 16km/l in city without ac.
Buddy, it is good that you posted this observation. I also thought of posting the same in my ownership thread but didn't find it important enough. It is true that occassionally the 2nd gear feels a little hard compared to the other gears. The few times I have experienced this is normally during downshifting from 5th/4th to 2nd.

Your mileage is amazing. You must be having a light foot. Even I could extract similar mileage while driving with a light foot but now it is again back to 12-13 kmpl. Are you measuring the mileage by tankful method or from the MID? The MID is normally optimistic by 1 kmpl.

cheers
-adi
Old 20th December 2010, 18:18   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Buddy, it is good that you posted this observation. I also thought of posting the same in my ownership thread but didn't find it important enough. It is true that occassionally the 2nd gear feels a little hard compared to the other gears. The few times I have experienced this is normally during downshifting from 5th/4th to 2nd.

cheers
-adi
2nd gear slotting issue is there even in ANHC (almost everyone faced), I had it from day one on mine, during my first visit got clutch bleeding done and it vanished.

But after an year of ownership it's back since few weeks now (after my 20k service), After few kms of run it becomes smooth. Need to take sometime to visit dealer and get the clutch bleeding done again on mine.
Old 20th December 2010, 20:04   #49
BHPian

thanks for the info raghu, will get the clutch bled at the next service.

@adimicra
i do drive it with a pretty light foot, but yes once in a while do love taking it out to the red-line and then it really sheds kilos once past 3k revs.
i measure the fuel efficiency as per the MID.
so realistically it might be 15+kmpl, even then i am pretty satisfied as my 2005 zen gives me around 12kmpl without ac in the city.
Old 2nd January 2011, 22:28   #50
BHPian

hi guys,
my jazz has completed almost 12k kms and i need some advice on a problem that has cropped up all of a sudden.

yesterday when i took the car out for a spin i noticed a very loud rattling noise from the front suspension when the car went over a very smooth speed bump at a speed of around 30 km/hr.
it was quite loud and seemed as if something was about to fall off from underneath the car.

checked the under-body of the car as far as i could to see if i was dragging something or if something was stuck underneath the car that might have caused the noise, but could not find anything.

then after driving around for a while i checked it again, but this time the sound was not there.
i was quite confused so checked again a couple of times but was not able to reproduce the sound.

so today morning i decided to check it again, and yes there was some noise there when going over a speed bump, but not as loud as yesterday.
but it was definitely not normal.

there is no noise out of the ordinary when i am driving on a smooth road or taking a turn.
it is there only when going over a speed bump more so prominent over an abrupt speed bump than a smooth one.
also there was no major under body hit or scraping that could be the source of the problem.

will be sending the car tomorrow to get the under-body checked.

is there any specific problem towards which these symptoms point out that i could ask them to check.
Old 3rd January 2011, 11:29   #51
BHPian

just got back from the service station and the problem seems to have been solved.
as was the case yesterday the sound coming from the under-body could not be accurately reproduced so the whole under-body was given a thorough once over.

the problem was traced to a metal safety plate over the silencer that seemed to have worked itself loose. the loud rattle could have been due to metal contacting metal it seems.
rest everything seemed to be in place and secure.

so as of now it seems to have been the real culprit and the car is back to its super silent mode.

the service personnel at Horizon Honda were very helpful and courteous as always, very pleased with the after sales experience especially after ten years of dealing with tata's after sales.

hope it stays the same
attaching a few random pics
Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-picture-037.jpg

Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-picture-036.jpg

horizon honda customer lounge, pretty neat and has internet facility as well to make sure teambhp can be accessed easily

Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-picture-035.jpg

Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-picture-034.jpg
Old 3rd January 2011, 12:52   #52
Senior - BHPian

Good to know your problem is resolved and there is no damage to the car.

Wish u many more happy miles with the Jazz!
Old 3rd January 2011, 23:49   #53
BHPian

@adimicra
the joy was short lived
the rattle is back and the same thing happened again,
it just disappears after driving around for say 5 kms.

but did manage to capture it on video.
sorry for the low quality video courtesy nokia 5800.
but it will give you guys a rough idea of the problem i am facing.

will be sending the car back for inspection tomorrow again.

in the video you will hear the rattle a couple of times when the car goes over the speed bumps.
i made sure that there was nothing lying loose in the dashboard compartments or in the boot that could contribute to it.

any suggestions/pointers to what the problem could be?
the under-body was checked today and anything that seemed out of place was fixed.

Old 5th January 2011, 05:33   #54
BHPian

"Steal The Mercedes Instead"

That's a very creative slogan you've got SuperBoy44.

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
Old 15th January 2011, 16:56   #55
BHPian

update on the noise-
the service personnel came to my place to pick up the car and test drove the car and the finally they acknowledged the noise that the car was making while going over a speed bump.
though they could not isolate the source of the noise so they made sure everything was checked from top to bottom and this time it seems to have worked.
have used the car for a week now and the problem has not resurfaced.

@ jaspreet
just doing my bit to keep the car safe
Old 10th February 2011, 15:59   #56
BHPian

had a little free time on my hands today so thought of doing a little DIY stuff on the jazz.
with the summer approaching i decided to clean the dust/pollen filter which i was pretty sure must have been clogged badly with a year of running around.
followed the instructions in the manual, was a simple 10min job.
attaching some pics of the job as well.

(a) access to the filter box is gained by dropping down the glove box by pushing the side panels of the glove box inwards from both the sides.

(b) remove the filter box by pressing securing latches inwards

(c) clean the filter using a blower and secure it back in place

(d) smile on finishing your first DIY (in my case) and breathe healthy
Attached Thumbnails
Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-1a.jpg  

Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-2.jpg  

Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-3.jpg  

Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-4a.jpg  

Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-5.jpg  

Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-6.jpg  

Old 10th February 2011, 16:07   #57
BHPian

Good information dont remember that was there in the manual will check again.
Old 20th March 2011, 01:59   #58
BHPian

15000km update

my jazz has now completed 15000 kms and is running pretty well.
got the 4th paid service done at 13000km, had no issues to be attended to except an annoying rattle from the back that was traced to the parcel tray mounting.
a word of advice- if you are planning a long road trip and want to get the car serviced before you head out, always try and get it done a week before leaving so that you don't end up getting surprised by some new issue that might crop up if the service guys do not do their work up to the mark.

fuel efficiency is pretty consistent at around 18+ on the highway and 14+ in the city.

on a recent trip to delhi and back down the NH1 i was pulled over by a cop on the panipat run through. he asked me straightaway to handover the cars papers, which i have learnt not to do rightaway.

i asked him to as to what was the matter.
he told me that i was over speeding, though i was pretty sure that i never went over the set speed limit of 90km/hr.

still he was adamant that i was speeding to which i demanded being shown the record of what speed i was doing.
which i was pretty sure he did not have, as it turned out he really did not have a record of any sorts and they were just randomly pulling over people.
so he had to let me go with my wallet being slimmed down

also during this trip managed to get the rangeometer to plead to get some fluids before the car could go any further.
drove about 10kms with the range being displayed as a big zero.
definitely not advised on the highway as what started out as a fun exercise turned out to be a few anxious moments as for those 10kms i did not come across even a single petrol station.

squeaky clean post service
Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-picture-067.jpg
Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-picture-069.jpg
in the dead of the the night
Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-picture-080.jpg
give me gas or walk home
Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-picture-076.jpg
bull power bringing horse power to a screeching stop
Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-1.jpg
Old 21st March 2011, 16:58   #59
BHPian

superboy: great pictures mate! by the way, any rattles or niggles so far esp with the plastics?? hows the drive been for you?

16kpl without ac is really great indeed. With regards to your clutch related 'issue' I find Honda clutches so soft that even when one has to hard engage them, they do so pretty easily. Thats not a problem which you got. the many times I have driven the Jazz or the City, the clutch is just so effortless, I wonder there shouldnt have been one at all! its that soft
Old 22nd March 2011, 00:03   #60
Senior - BHPian

What was the fix with the rear parcel tray mounting? I sometimes have my rear parcel coming loose from the mounting and makes a small noise when the car shakes.

I fix the tray back on the mounting and its gone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks