Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2010, 22:12   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveshsingh View Post
congrats!
BTW in the pic of compartment containing usb input, what is the other wire for?
infact there is only 1 wire - i,e USB , it gets out of USB port and is tagged at one side , hence it looks like there are 2 wires, but there is only one.
Old 10th February 2010, 22:37   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
What are Ambient lights ? if they are offering 10k accesories try to squeeze in rear parking sensors, 3M sun film + Rubber mats + Body cover + wheel lock nuts :-) happy negotiating....
Ambient lighting is a blue lighting inside the car which glows inside the compartment which is infornt of the gear shift and under the glove box, it is nothing but lots of led lights in a round shape unit, for which they charge some 5.5 k, I am very sure you can get it done in after market at a cheaper price.

Rubber mats are good but if you have white sole shoes then remember you will make the soul black from the back and they will look bad, I will prefer a thick carpet instead of that.

3m film is way expensive, you wont be able to get it in the offer, may be a outside chance only for the front screen and it is worth it.

Parking sensor makes lot of sense.

Maybe a teflon coating is also worth it.

Also check under body anti rust, their definition of anti rust is weird, they say the anti rust only above the tyres is anti rust, I had to literally fight with linkway that their sales man had misguided me, after one year I realised and finally I got it free done from them, BUt linkway are very down to earth people and I know lot of them today and they respect.

Try and get side mirror locks in it, they are worth as you can protect your side mirror from getting stolen.

Also see if you can use the money or discount for extended warranty, it will be worth and above all.

all the best

Last edited by The Saint : 10th February 2010 at 22:41.
Old 10th February 2010, 22:58   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What are Ambient lights ? if they are offering 10k accesories try to squeeze in rear parking sensors, 3M sun film + Rubber mats + Body cover + wheel lock nuts :-) happy negotiating....
The ambient lights are the same as described by The Saint. They give you a blue illumination under the dashboard. There are 3 lights in all.

I am wondering if I should really go in for parking sensors. I am a 6 footer and am very careful while reversing and parking. Still thinking..

Rubber mats - again am not happy with the four piece mat the dealer has for which he quotes 1.5K. Rather prefer something like a carpet (preferably the 3M carpet like the one I have on my Esteem)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Rubber mats are good but if you have white sole shoes then remember you will make the soul black from the back and they will look bad, I will prefer a thick carpet instead of that.
+1 to that. Also, I would like the entire floor to be covered in the rear (as it is flat in the center unlike other cars) which is not possible with the four piece mat the dealer gives.

Quote:
3m film is way expensive, you wont be able to get it in the offer, may be a outside chance only for the front screen and it is worth it..
The dealer is quoting 5K for ST 35 and 6K for RE 35. RE 35 is what I have had on all my cars and that is what I will be going in for. Nevertheless, I have a dedicated guy working for 3M who does it at my doorstep at a competitive price.

Quote:
Parking sensor makes lot of sense.
Still debating as I hate seeing those holes in the bumper due to this.

Quote:
Maybe a teflon coating is also worth it.
I would stay away from it. Not for our weather conditions.

Quote:
Try and get side mirror locks in it, they are worth as you can protect your side mirror from getting stolen.
The dealer is not aware of anything called mirror locks. Have to source them from outside.

Quote:
Also see if you can use the money or discount for extended warranty, it will be worth and above all.
By default, you get 2+2 years of warranty on the car.

Quote:
all the best
Thank you

Last edited by rr_zen : 10th February 2010 at 23:02.
Old 10th February 2010, 23:21   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

They dont have Ambient lights in the options list in Bangalore. I checked with Magnum. Yet to check with others... .
Old 11th February 2010, 06:05   #35
BHPian

@Penpavan: Congratulations on your buy. That's a nice choice, Honda is the car for life. I am in absolute love with this car and it'll be my next purchase when I go for car shopping. The color you chose is simply stunning and same color has tickled my fancy too. Till I buy my Honda, I'll be looking at your car pictures and will be falling in love with it every time.

@ rr_zen: Congratulation to you too in advance. Till you get your delivery, happy waiting..

Last edited by Punzabi : 11th February 2010 at 06:12.
Old 11th February 2010, 09:28   #36
BHPian

Congrats

Penpavan: that color is really refreshing to look at after the hordes of white that we see in Bangalore. Congrats and welcome to the Honda club. Drive safe.

rr_zen: Congratulations to you too and pls start your own thread with lots of pix :-)

Last edited by uday.ere : 11th February 2010 at 09:30.
Old 11th February 2010, 11:49   #37
BHPian

Wow 4 Civics in a row. Congrats to all.

@penpavan, from the pics it looks like a soft-cloth is missing from the center console where USB port is housed. Mine has a soft-cloth at the base of the center console. See if its missed/misplaced.

Last edited by mkc15 : 11th February 2010 at 11:54.
Old 11th February 2010, 13:21   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
Wow 4 Civics in a row. Congrats to all.

@penpavan, from the pics it looks like a soft-cloth is missing from the center console where USB port is housed. Mine has a soft-cloth at the base of the center console. See if its missed/misplaced.
Thanks mkc15 for all the advice and contacts during my purchase, thanks a ton -No make it a million or even a zillion, btw I do have the soft cloth, but it was in glove box, btw what is the use of it ?,
Old 11th February 2010, 14:38   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Penpavan: that color is really refreshing to look at after the hordes of white that we see in Bangalore. Congrats and welcome to the Honda club. Drive safe.

rr_zen: Congratulations to you too and pls start your own thread with lots of pix :-)
Thanks. I will certainly do it...Mine is polished metal metallic too !
Old 11th February 2010, 15:09   #40
BHPian

Congrats penpavan and rr_zen !

I think the greyish colour is perhaps the best color in the Civic range outside the white.All the others seem to fade somehow after a few months.

No offence to the others, just my view. I had a galaxy gray BTW.

@rr_zen : I am only 5' 7'', never had any problem with reversing , but its the kerbs that you need to watch out for, especially here in Chennai where the kerb/platform can appear and disappear all of a sudden. I have seen a number of cars with hits on the door sills and doors as well, either they were parked too close to a kerb or hit a kerb while parking.

As for the mods, the latest trend in my area seem to be giving the string of pearls lights ala Audi.
Old 11th February 2010, 15:28   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Congrats penpavan and rr_zen !

I think the greyish colour is perhaps the best color in the Civic range outside the white.All the others seem to fade somehow after a few months.

No offence to the others, just my view. I had a galaxy gray BTW.

@rr_zen : I am only 5' 7'', never had any problem with reversing , but its the kerbs that you need to watch out for, especially here in Chennai where the kerb/platform can appear and disappear all of a sudden. I have seen a number of cars with hits on the door sills and doors as well, either they were parked too close to a kerb or hit a kerb while parking.

As for the mods, the latest trend in my area seem to be giving the string of pearls lights ala Audi.
Thanks for the feedback on the reverse sensors. I myself am not keen on them as they have make the rear bumper suffer from chicken pox. I did not have any problems during the 10 - 12 KM test drive where I deliberately reversed the car three or four times.

From the tone of your post, me thinks that you do not own the Civic now. Correct me if am wrong. Also, which area are you put up?
Old 11th February 2010, 18:40   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mkc15 for all the advice and contacts during my purchase, thanks a ton -No make it a million or even a zillion, btw I do have the soft cloth, but it was in glove box, btw what is the use of it ?,
My pleasure. The soft cloth will cushion the things you keep in the box and save you from some strange annoying rattles
Old 11th February 2010, 19:58   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
My pleasure. The soft cloth will cushion the things you keep in the box and save you from some strange annoying rattles
WoW - what a innovation
Old 12th February 2010, 10:54   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Thanks for the feedback on the reverse sensors. I myself am not keen on them as they have make the rear bumper suffer from chicken pox. I did not have any problems during the 10 - 12 KM test drive where I deliberately reversed the car three or four times.

From the tone of your post, me thinks that you do not own the Civic now. Correct me if am wrong. Also, which area are you put up?

The rear sensors would you useful in case the car would be driven by someone else occasionally but not when you drive always.Yup, it was sayonara to Civic last week, 1 year after I opted for the car lease, I also bought an apartment and successfully became an EMI slave. Adding to that my previous company sold off our division end of last year which meant I had to close the lease prematurely (pay a lump out of my pocket to get the car).It was a battle between mind and heart for a month before I decided to sell off the car. I live in R.A Puram, where are you put up ?
Quote:
WoW - what a innovation
Its true, you will notice that after the second service or so (around 5k-10k), the cabin becomes really quiet that loose objects - coins, pens etc inside the various boxes cause strange noises that would irritate you till you find them
Old 12th February 2010, 11:30   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
The rear sensors would you useful in case the car would be driven by someone else occasionally but not when you drive always.Yup, it was sayonara to Civic last week, 1 year after I opted for the car lease, I also bought an apartment and successfully became an EMI slave. Adding to that my previous company sold off our division end of last year which meant I had to close the lease prematurely (pay a lump out of my pocket to get the car).It was a battle between mind and heart for a month before I decided to sell off the car. I live in R.A Puram, where are you put up ?

Its true, you will notice that after the second service or so (around 5k-10k), the cabin becomes really quiet that loose objects - coins, pens etc inside the various boxes cause strange noises that would irritate you till you find them

Truly? - what changes happen after 2nd service which causes this - please provide details if you know - thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks