Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2010, 13:33   #136
BHPian

With due admittion that I never do and encourage cat racing on the road. I was only trying to test the performance of my car.
I have read in some review that 0-100 comes in pretty quick, but the run from 100-120 and beyond does take a while. Another observation, Honda claims a max torque of 146/4800, I have done 4800 rpm (I think the speed was hovering around 130-145), honestly I have never felt the surge in power like you get in other cars, esp Diesel one's (This may be dues to enourmous turbo lags before the build up). Having said that I have seen the pin back acceleration during 60-80, esp when you are in 3rd gear in MT

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 14th May 2010 at 13:44.
Old 16th May 2010, 16:44   #137
BHPian

Second service

Guys, Second free service of my car was done at Whitefield Honda today on 16/May/10. I called up Whitefield Honda last Thursday itself and booked the service for this Sunday. A day earlier, i.e, Saturday, I got atleast 3 calls from them in half hour gaps inquring why didn't I leave the vehicle for servicing. I had to politely explain each time that I have booked the service for the next day.

Reached Whotefield Honda around 9 am. Service advisor Shabeer attended my car in 10 minutes time. He inspected the car and asked for specific complaints. I din't have any.

Now comes the interesting part. He asked me about the type of engine oil to be replaced. There are two types it seems -- mineral and synthetic. Mineral will cost Rs 800 to replace and synthetic Rs 2,200. I learned from him that both the types had to replaced in 6 months time but synthetic gives more power and pickup etc etc.

Honda recommends syntetic engine oil. I asked him what engine oil is Honda giving in the car when it is delivered out of the showroom. I got the answer that all v-tec engined cars comes with synthetic oil. I confirmed this one more time and then decided to give go-ahead for replacement with synthetic oil. On the way back, I called up fellow T-Bhpian Raghu and checked with regarding the default oil type with which City comes out. He told me he thinks that the car comes out of showroom with the mineral oil.

When I went to showroom again in the afternoon to pick up the car, I bumped into another service advisor. Posed the same question to him and learned that car comes with mineral oil and not synthetic oil. Confusion prevails and I went back to my service advisor and confronted him. However he repeated the same line which he was telling me in the morning -- that the new car is deliverd with synthetic oil and not mineral oil. Guys --> how to confirm this ?? I need help from a few wise men.

Apart from engine oil, I decided to fill the tyres with nitrogen this time. It costed Rs 115 for all the 5 tyres. It seems nitrogen lasts for 6 months. Service advisor showed me a list of advantages of nitrogen over air. It seems we can top up the tyre with plain air if nitrogen level falls or a puncture occurs resulting in loss of nitrogen.

Got the car back around 2:30. I was not happy with the wash this time. I remember HR Manju too complainting about the same, after his first service. The first service of my car was done by a service advisor named Manjunath KV and he did it well. Another guy working in my office too had a satisfactory servicing experience from Manju. I guess rest of the lot are pretty average.

StarVegabond --> I am sorry to say this but I have to. I saw the reaction of service boys when advisor called them to clean up the car one more time. The did something per-perfunctorily and appeared least bothered.

Bill of second service is as below for your perusal. Thanks for your patient reading.

NB: Is there any thread on the advantages of using synthetic oil over mineral oil and related stuff ?
Attached Thumbnails
Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-2nd_service.jpg  

Old 16th May 2010, 16:49   #138
BHPian

In the invoice as seen above, the field for 'Extended warranty' (on top left) is printed as 'NO'. I removed text 'Extended warranty' accidently when removing my name and address from the picture.

Is it a matter of concern ? Considering that Honda gives 2+2 years of free warranty, is it up to us to check if Whitefield Honda had registered for the warranty with Honda India ? Did anyone get a chance to check this in their invoice ?
Old 16th May 2010, 18:43   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
Guys, Second free service of my car was done at Whitefield Honda today on 16/May/10.

StarVegabond --> I am sorry to say this but I have to. I saw the reaction of service boys when advisor called them to clean up the car one more time. The did something per-perfunctorily and appeared least bothered.
Hi Biju,

My ANHC was delivered with Mineral oil and all the replacements till now are Mineral oil only.

I think if by default the car comes with mineral oil then there is no special need for synthetic oil. If synthetic oil was needed in the first place to improve blah..blah..then Honda engineers should have put it as default.
becasue they care about thier cars in first place.

so in my mind there is no confusion. I will always go with mineral oil.

Regarding the quality of wash, please register a comment in your feedback form that you are not happy about it.
Old 16th May 2010, 21:07   #140
BHPian

Even I was told that the car comes with mineral oil and when I questioned the SA why would you recommend synthetic when Honda delivered with mineral, he was grinning for being stumped.
Well I have noticed that there is no synchronization of information b/w SA. I always get in touch with the Service manager for any information.

Regarding the wash, please convey your dissatisfaction when you get a chance for feedback.
Old 16th May 2010, 21:20   #141
BHPian

Quote:
When I went to showroom again in the afternoon to pick up the car, I bumped into another service advisor. Posed the same question to him and learned that car comes with mineral oil and not synthetic oil. Confusion prevails and I went back to my service advisor and confronted him. However he repeated the same line which he was telling me in the morning -- that the new car is deliverd with synthetic oil and not mineral oil. Guys --> how to confirm this ?? I need help from a few wise men.
As stated I still feel that the car's delivered are with Mineral. Dakshin in both the occasions gave me an option to chose the engine oil and they didn't say what Honda recommends, if they recommend Synthetic Iam sure Honda would have made it a default and removed mineral option. Iam not sure if it's my notion but I have felt a difference in engine noise apart from that it didn't improve anything.

I really see a big difference with the dealers and not sure which one are correct, in my case totally 4lts of Engine oil was used were as in all others I only see 3.6lts which seems to be the value. SA confirmed me 10k/1year for oil change since I moved to Synthetic.

Quote:
NB: Is there any thread on the advantages of using synthetic oil over mineral oil and related stuff ?
Check it out

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...neral-oil.html
Old 17th May 2010, 10:26   #142
BHPian

Quote:
In the invoice as seen above, the field for 'Extended warranty' (on top left) is printed as 'NO'. I removed text 'Extended warranty' accidently when removing my name and address from the picture.

Is it a matter of concern ? Considering that Honda gives 2+2 years of free warranty, is it up to us to check if Whitefield Honda had registered for the warranty with Honda India ? Did anyone get a chance to check this in their invoice ?
My invoices have been the same, always comes back with 'Extended Warranty' column being 'NO'. I had asked the SA the first time and was told that should not be a reason for concern as we have the required documents for extended warranty to be applicable.
Old 17th May 2010, 10:26   #143
BHPian

Thanks SV, Jayanth and Raghu for the confirmation.

Whitefield Honda is going to call me soon for feedback on service and I am going to give them some peice of my mind.
Old 17th May 2010, 10:32   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
My invoices have been the same, always comes back with 'Extended Warranty' column being 'NO'. I had asked the SA the first time and was told that should not be a reason for concern as we have the required documents for extended warranty to be applicable.
I have been told that it would be yes if the service/parts changed are under extended warranty clause till then it would be a "NO". But this is with Dakshin would call Magnum from where I purchased the car to see the difference in the explanation.

Jayanth, you normally get it serviced at Magnum, what's in your invoice?
Old 17th May 2010, 10:33   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Thanks Kalyan.

Me reaping some benefits of being a T-Bhpian. I posted two queries after my second service and got forerunners answered both the queries
Old 17th May 2010, 10:46   #146
Senior - BHPian

Please check the related threads in this forum on mineral and synthetic oils, benefits of Nitrogen filling and costs etc. My March 2010 car came with mineral and oil and I am not planning to change to synthetic until I cover 10000 kms. I think it is not even recommended to use synthetic before that.
Old 17th May 2010, 15:48   #147
BHPian

The car comes with mineral oil. Moreover, the jazz about synthetic oil is bullcrap. Having run through 7 services, I can guarantee that there is no such thing as "honda recommending synthetic oil". It has always been offered to me as an option.
Old 18th May 2010, 13:22   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
I have been told that it would be yes if the service/parts changed are under extended warranty clause till then it would be a "NO". But this is with Dakshin would call Magnum from where I purchased the car to see the difference in the explanation.

Jayanth, you normally get it serviced at Magnum, what's in your invoice?
Raghu, honestly I haven't checked and noticed until now. I will surely check and let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmonkey View Post
The car comes with mineral oil. Moreover, the jazz about synthetic oil is bullcrap. Having run through 7 services, I can guarantee that there is no such thing as "honda recommending synthetic oil". It has always been offered to me as an option.
If Honda recommends then it would ideally be printed in the manual. It is dealer recommended for making that extra buck. What is bad is they wouldn't put a non-Honda synthetic oil either. I had asked them if they can put a Mobil 1, the answer was NO.
The synthetic defnitely has advantages over mineral. I would stick to what TBHP recommends, a change at 10000 Kms.
Old 18th May 2010, 17:54   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
If Honda recommends then it would ideally be printed in the manual. It is dealer recommended for making that extra buck. What is bad is they wouldn't put a non-Honda synthetic oil either. I had asked them if they can put a Mobil 1, the answer was NO.
The synthetic defnitely has advantages over mineral. I would stick to what TBHP recommends, a change at 10000 Kms.
In my third (and last) free service, Whitefield Honda guys changed engine oil again. They did it during second service as well. I was having issues like low mileage, car seem to be not pulling properly sometimes etc.

After the oil change, things are better now. I can see that mileage has increased.

-Pratim
Old 19th May 2010, 10:22   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
In my third (and last) free service, Whitefield Honda guys changed engine oil again. They did it during second service as well. I was having issues like low mileage, car seem to be not pulling properly sometimes etc.

After the oil change, things are better now. I can see that mileage has increased.

-Pratim
Pratim, From your post, it is not clear which one was the earlier engine oil ( synthetic/mineral etc ) and which one did they replace it with. Is it true to assume that you had mineral oil earlier and they changed it to synthetic ?

Last edited by B103 : 19th May 2010 at 10:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks