Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2010, 14:31   #211
BHPian

Raghu,
Even I got the same error message. I guess that application would have tried to send the email id associated with default email application (Microsoft outlook) in our case, if you tried it from work.
Old 10th June 2010, 14:49   #212
BHPian

A colleague at work had bought a City recently. He checked with the sales department in Whitefield Honda if under chasis coating is required and they replied negative hinting to him that it is required only in coastal areas.
Old 10th June 2010, 15:10   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
A colleague at work had bought a City recently. He checked with the sales department in Whitefield Honda if under chasis coating is required and they replied negative hinting to him that it is required only in coastal areas.
Hmm,

But as Jayanth rightly said with the scraping we have ocassionally it's better to get it checked and get coated if required.

Would check this weekend and would give an update.
Old 15th June 2010, 10:38   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hmm,

But as Jayanth rightly said with the scraping we have ocassionally it's better to get it checked and get coated if required.

Would check this weekend and would give an update.
What happened Raghu ? Did you go for a checkup and second level coating ?
Old 15th June 2010, 11:11   #215
BHPian

Quote:
What happened Raghu ? Did you go for a checkup and second level coating ?
No Biju,

Had suprise guests at home and couldn't manage to get it done, postponed the same to comming weekend.

Cheers
Raghu
Old 18th June 2010, 19:15   #216
BHPian

Received a call from Honda one 2 one, seeking feedback on the query I raised.

This was the only call I received so far from them on my query, I was surprised to hear from them that Dakshin Honda had updated the following to them

" Spoke to customer and provided all the information"

Iam surprised how Dakshin can do this, when they know there's a follow up from Honda.
Old 21st June 2010, 15:42   #217
BHPian

Quote:

This was the only call I received so far from them on my query, I was surprised to hear from them that Dakshin Honda had updated the following to them

Iam surprised how Dakshin can do this, when they know there's a follow up from Honda.
Raghu, I think it is very much possible. It appears to me that Honda expects the dealer to talk to you, cajole and convince you. I think this holds for complaints as well as queries
Old 21st June 2010, 16:18   #218
BHPian

Quote:

Well Raghu, I don't think Honda takes any action against a dealer unless its a severe matter. So, the dealers probably just close half of the cases without even trying to follow-up.
Old 25th June 2010, 10:11   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Well Raghu, I don't think Honda takes any action against a dealer unless its a severe matter. So, the dealers probably just close half of the cases without even trying to follow-up.
Got a call from SA (Dakshin Honda), I told him what I seek info for.

It went like this

Me: Hi, you sound familiar are you Mr. Ali
Ali: Yes, sir I was the one who attended your car last time.
Me: Well, Ali Manual says that enough anti corrosive coatings and layers are already made, one needs to regularly check it up and get it re-painted if required.
Ali: Is it Sir, Manual is a generic global one and might have been mentioned in generic. This is not applicable to us.
Me:, asked him in manual they have mentioned clearly marked the relavent options and for this there is not indication.
As well if it has scraped then we just need a repaint at the affected area.
Ali: If not given as part of complementary accessory while delivery it would not be there.

I understand that this is going no where, and told him that would pay a vist this weekend to see the scraped underbody and then to proceed further.
Old 25th June 2010, 20:16   #220
BHPian

Quote:

It went like this

Me: Well, Ali Manual says that enough anti corrosive coatings and layers are already made, one needs to regularly check it up and get it re-painted if required.
Ali: Is it Sir, Manual is a generic global one and might have been mentioned in generic. This is not applicable to us.
Me:, asked him in manual they have mentioned clearly marked the relavent options and for this there is not indication.
Ali: If not given as part of complementary accessory while delivery it would not be there.

I understand that this is going no where, and told him that would pay a vist this weekend to see the scraped underbody and then to proceed further.
I could not stop laughing reading your post .

You will end up disillusioned to realize that irrespective of whether it is a Honda, Maruti or Hyundai answers may be naive as well as funny and it remotely addresses the question you posed.

You may get a better response if an attempt is made to talk to a Service Manager directly.
Old 25th June 2010, 20:54   #221
BHPian

Quote:

It went like this

I now service my two wheeler (Bajaj Pulsar) at a shop called 'Bike Point ' and does not take it to the nearby Bajaj showroom.

Similarily, did anyone try Carnation auto for servicing their Honda ? There is one on Outer Ring road nearby my home. However, I don't think the 2+2 year warranty binds if I service the car outside a regular Honda service center. If somebody out of the warranty period had tried Carnation auto, please share their experience. They quoted a lower price than Whitefield Honda to me for the underchasis coating.
Old 26th June 2010, 13:38   #222
BHPian

Quote:
They quoted a lower price than Whitefield Honda to me for the underchasis coating.
Hi Biju,

Though, I am not sure of how much Carnation Auto quoted for the "Under body polymer coating" but Carzspa quotes about Rs 3000.00 for an ANHC. Bangalore center's contact details can be found here: Welcome to Carzspa

I haven't used their services myself but have heard positively about them on T-BHP.

Regards,
Kalyan
Old 9th August 2010, 18:53   #223
BHPian

Third service of my car is coming up this Saturday. Will post you guys with the details. I have to call the Service Manager Mr James in WF Honda prior to that day. He had promised to take care of my car personally because of the fiasco associated with the mineral oil, from the second service.
Old 9th August 2010, 19:27   #224
Senior - BHPian

I dont think this under body coating is worth its money in places like Bangalore. It is mostly a scam and I would definitely not want to do it. If it is useful, I don't understand why the dealers should discourage this given its typically a big margin business.

I don't know how it protects from scraping as in most cases the scraping happens on mudguards, bumper or the metal frame beneath. The only advantage may be some slight improvement in road noise, if done with good sound dampening paints.
Old 16th August 2010, 09:47   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Third service of my car is coming up this Saturday. Will post you guys with the details. I have to call the Service Manager Mr James in WF Honda prior to that day. He had promised to take care of my car personally because of the fiasco associated with the mineral oil, from the second service.
Yeh Biju,

Did you get the car serviced, Was it as per your satisfaction?

Did you check on mileage part with SA this time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I dont think this under body coating is worth its money in places like Bangalore. It is mostly a scam and I would definitely not want to do it. If it is useful, I don't understand why the dealers should discourage this given its typically a big margin business.

I don't know how it protects from scraping as in most cases the scraping happens on mudguards, bumper or the metal frame beneath. The only advantage may be some slight improvement in road noise, if done with good sound dampening paints.
Yeh Vasoo,

Even I was under the same impression, SA was constantly forcing me to get this done. I insisted I would like to inspect and then decided, so they jacked up my car in the service station and was allowed inside

I was surprised and shocked to see rust on the metal frame beneath.

This was caused by horrible hump (5 + luggage) on the way to KRS Mysore. I was planning to get this done, but couldn't manage to, but for sure it's in my list and planning to get it during my 4th service sometime due this month.

I agree most of the time it's mug guards that take the beating. With the low GC and occasional scraping, I think it's required.

Iam not sure how much it would seal the road noise, ANHC owners who have done under body coating, comment on this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks