Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2012, 00:46   #256
BHPian

Re: Tyre upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
Alternatively, you can go for a new set of performance suspension at the rear. Some details are present in the same thread from GTO. It may cost close to 40K. May be, you can send a message to GTO asking for the details and the place to buy it reliable.
Frankly I think you are very right here. I did not even know that performance suspension existed in reality. I used to think of some after market suspension to make my i10's pitching more tolerable. Could not get anything on google. The car is so good otherwise but is not ideal for my wife anymore after a back injury(pl read my thread). The city is fine but would like the rear seats to be better if possible-hence the extra cost involved in the performance suspension may be worth it. I will definitely check out both.

Right now in Turkey-will be home only in March. Then I will contact GTO for the details. Thanks for the help mate. It was really kind of you.

Regards,charthom.
Old 21st January 2012, 20:02   #257
BHPian

Re: Tyre upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Frankly I think you are very right here. I did not even know that performance suspension existed in reality. I used to think of some after market suspension to make my i10's pitching more tolerable. Could not get anything on google. The car is so good otherwise but is not ideal for my wife anymore after a back injury(pl read my thread). The city is fine but would like the rear seats to be better if possible-hence the extra cost involved in the performance suspension may be worth it. I will definitely check out both.

Right now in Turkey-will be home only in March. Then I will contact GTO for the details. Thanks for the help mate. It was really kind of you.

Regards,charthom.
I had gone through your thread back when you posted your buying experience. Sorry to read about your wife's plight.

Regarding new suspension, here are some more threads which may be of help. Once you finalize the item, being a merchant navy officer, you may even be able to buy it abroad and bring it to India.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...sion-anhc.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2164776
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ni-shocks.html
Koni: Welcome
B103 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2012, 20:15   #258
BHPian

Tyre realignment

After 1000+ kms on the new tyres, I went for the free wheel balancing and alignment today. As advised in various threads, hereafter, I am planning to do these two jobs from a custom tyre shop rather than at Honda service center.

Also, checked with the service technician -- about many Primacy LC tyre users complaining about getting damaged sidewalls. As per him, Primacy LC would absorb most of the shocks when car passes on bad roads but there is a threshold after which the driver has to realize the road condition and slow down.

Since tyre absorbs most of the shock and does not pass the jerk to the steering, people generally may not slow down the car and as per him -- this could be reason for damaged side walls. May be true.

Some pics on the realignment work are attached:
Attached Thumbnails
Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-dsc_0003.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-dsc_0004.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-dsc_0005.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-dsc_0006.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2012, 09:05   #259
BHPian

Re: Tyre realignment

Quote:
Sorry to read about your wife's plight.
Thanks for tour concern,buddy.Really moved.

Quote:
Regarding new suspension, here are some more threads which may be of help. Once you finalize the item, being a merchant navy officer, you may even be able to buy it abroad and bring it to India.
I will go through these threads.Again Thanks for the help.

Quote:
about many Primacy LC tyre users complaining about getting damaged sidewalls. As per him, Primacy LC would absorb most of the shocks when car passes on bad roads but there is a threshold after which the driver has to realize the road condition and slow down.

Since tyre absorbs most of the shock and does not pass the jerk to the steering, people generally may not slow down the car and as per him -- this could be reason for damaged side walls. May be true.
The tyre place seems nice from the snaps. How was the service?

The Michelin Energy XM1+'s on my i10 are giving excellent service-even after 3 years of use. No signs of damages whatsoever. May be my useage is limited.I asked a tyre expert about the difference between XM1+ and Primacy LC. He could not help much. What I could notice is-the tyre noise is almost the same as the ZVTVs of the City.
Old 22nd January 2012, 10:04   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
The Michelin Energy XM1+'s on my i10 are giving excellent service-even after 3 years of use. No signs of damages whatsoever. May be my useage is limited.I asked a tyre expert about the difference between XM1+ and Primacy LC. He could not help much. What I could notice is-the tyre noise is almost the same as the ZVTVs of the City.
As far as I know, XM1 is the entry level Michelin tyre. May be right for your i10. I got this tyre for my City from Honda.

LC in Primacy LC stands for luxury car. This is a tyre which Michelin recommends for cars like Corolla, Civic etc.
Old 22nd January 2012, 10:24   #261
BHPian

Quote:
As far as I know, XM1 is the entry level Michelin tyre.
Thanks for the info,friend. Btw,the tyre in City is XM1 and the tyre I mentioned is XM1+ Still Primacy LC should be better.
Old 23rd February 2012, 21:17   #262
BHPian

re: Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!

ANHC completed 2 years with me on the day of Siva rathri -- 3 days back. Car feels as good as it was driven out of the showroom. No rattles, absolutely smooth and refined.

As time passes, the bond with it is deepening. If you are an ANHC owner, I won't be surprised, if you tell me that you love your car the same way as it was, when you drove it out of the showroom. Seriously!! My first car never gave me the same feeling.

It is arguably one of the best automatic cars in that segment. All other ATs except Vento and New Fiesta are only 4 speeds autos. I am not sure if a Vento or Fiesta is easy on the purse to maintain, like a City. My car is serviced once in 6 months only. For the last 2 paid services, the bill was less than Rs. 1,100. My wife's two wheeler (Honda Activa) costs around 1,300 to service. So you know

Last edited by B103 : 23rd February 2012 at 21:29.
B103 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 23:08   #263
BHPian

Congratulation, I wish many more such happy miles.

+1 it's the best AT you can get in current league of cars
Old 24th February 2012, 15:27   #264
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations B103. I too have the same feeling for my car as well. Any special gift/treatment to city for this occasion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
+1 it's the best AT you can get in current league of cars
It's actually the best C+ segment petrol sedan (both manual/auto).
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 22:22   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt
Any special gift/treatment to city for this occasion
I am thinking about giving it more air to breath (K & N air filter) . Once installed with some private vendor, I am not sure if Honda service can maintain it further (for eg cleaning the filter).
Will go for it only if it is not a headache to maintain. Have to read more threads to make a decision.
Old 3rd March 2012, 21:49   #266
BHPian

Car is slightly more than 2 years old now and I decided to do a few upgrades and went to Reliance autozone, HSR layout in Bangalore. Car is out of warranty but the extended warranty holds for another 2 more years.

Enquired about K &N filter and Philips air purifier. They did not have both. Finally, went for a horn upgrade and purchased a mobile holder from iPop.

I decided to go for a horn upgrade because the default horn was pathetic for a country like India. I had nasty experiences couple of times.

When passing vehicles in the right most lane sounding the horn intermittently, I have observed that vehicles are still coming into my lane. I am assuming that it is because they have not heard the horn. Of course, very few people in India knows how to change the lane after checking the blind spot!! In Bangalore-Salem highway, a biker stopped my breath when he cut into my right lane when we both were doing high speeds. I was sounding horn intermittently (not continously to avoid sound pollution) but I wonder if he ever heard it. Again in small lanes, I haven't seen many people moving out hearing the horn. Safety angle is involved and a horn upgrade looked imminent.

The mechanic told me that he has to buy a 'cutout' equipment (what I understood is that it is some sort of a relay) as the City has only one horn by default, as seen in the front. Now he fitted the new horn from Hella (pic below) and learnt that there is one more horn in City. Now, I started remembering about reading that the City has a dual horn -- but I never had the opportunity to hear the two horns distinctly. Finally, he disabled the secondary horn manually through a gap made below the grill.

He refunded the Rs 280 which he took from me to buy the 'cutout' indicating that since this is the top end City version, there is no need to have it unlike the low end versions. Seems the wiring for horn is different between versions. I don't have any clue if he is right or not. Initially, he had made dual long wires taped together from the horn to the battery via the 'cutout'. In the end, he put the horns without all these -- took the connection directly from the existing wiring, as for the previous default horn. I put my hand near each horn and made sure that both of them indeed works.

That is the update. Some pics are attached. Anybody knows what is the dB rating of the stock ANHC horn?
Attached Thumbnails
Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-dsc_0012.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-dsc_0013.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-dsc_0014.jpg  

Last edited by B103 : 3rd March 2012 at 21:52.
Old 3rd March 2012, 22:45   #267
Senior - BHPian

I don't know what is the rating of Honda City horn but I definitely know that it has dual horns and relay is required only when car has single horn. So I guess your mechanic did the right thing. Please share the cost of installation + horn.
Old 4th March 2012, 10:18   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Please share the cost of installation + horn.
Hi Bluevolt, Cost of the horn is 1425. Installation is free but I gave some money to the boy who installed it.

The mobile holder from iPoP costed 575 which I felt was tad costly. But my previous experience with iPoP (it is a Chinese product) with door protectors was good. Again, I had bought at least 3 mobile holders before, which were supposed to fit in everywhere -- dash, AC duct but never really lasted. So I went for iPoP. Let me see.

Some more pics are attached.

I saw couple of Hella horns in Reliance Autozone. At least three of them were too loud that I decided not to go for them thinking about my responsibilities as a good citizen

This one sounded appropriate but the tube like structure got me worried about the repercussions if water enters the horn. The mechanic told me that he will fit the horn face down so that water will not enter. Both the pieces were fitted to one clamp where the old one resided.

On K & N filter, I will check with my SA in Whitefield Honda -- the ever reliable Manjunath if it is advisable to go for one. I think I have read in some threads that it is possible to get it fitted in Honda service centers itself though it will be slightly more costlier than outside.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.
Attached Thumbnails
Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-20120304002.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-20120304001.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th March 2012 at 03:35. Reason: Please read the MOD note in your post, thanks
Old 4th March 2012, 13:11   #269
BHPian

Hi B103

One of the horn (low) was intermittently working, when complained it was replaced under warranty (extended)

Do we get choice of colour to choose for the horns?

Last edited by raghu230506 : 4th March 2012 at 13:13.
Old 4th March 2012, 17:09   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Hi B103

One of the horn (low) was intermittently working, when complained it was replaced under warranty (extended)
I never got a chance to see if it was working earlier. But while replacing the main horn, mechanic tried various combinations to find that it was indeed working.

Quote:
Do we get choice of colour to choose for the horns?
Reliance Autozone had various versions of 'Hella' horns. Apart from Hella, there are brands like Roots and Spider too. They are all good. My earlier car had Spider horns which is working well even now.

You will get colors like red, black, silver and probably more colors. I was okay for red and so went for it.

Last edited by B103 : 4th March 2012 at 17:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks