Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2010, 19:26   #16
BHPian

First Highway Drive

Ok, just a few details: 70km on SH27 (plus a short detour off the highway).

Tyre pressure: 30psi (recommended 29, poor puncture shop; no digital gauge!)

Max speed: 70km/h; Max RPM: 2000 (no revving)

Low end torque (acceleration) : excellent; actually had to restrain my right foot. 2nd gear pulls well even at near-idle RPM (800), while 3rd & 4th work best @1500-1800. Almost reached 70km/h in 4th gear @ 2000RPM, so did not take it further, although I'm sure K12 was crying for more.

NVH: Extremely smooth and refined drive. No vibrations transmitted on the highway; suspension feels hard on rough roads. Tyre noise (JK) was acceptable, although it remains to be seen what it will be like at higher speeds. A/C blower was also fairly silent upto #2 speed. Great cooling in the afternoon and no apparent loss of power. Power steering does not become "feather-light", which is confidence inspiring and gives good feedback of what the tires feel on the road surface. No cornering attempted, so cannot comment on body roll.

Miscellaneous: No rattles (so far!!). Rear number plate needs to be fixed more securely as it can vibrate irritatingly on a rough road. Comfortable seating & driving position with good all round view. Cheers to the chunky ORVMs. However, in the city, the RHS A pillar & LHS B pillar tend to obstruct view.

Niggle: The sun visor is not long enough to provide "side" protection; does not cover the breadth of the front window!!

More later.
Old 24th February 2010, 09:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Can you post few exterior pics?
Read the color is Grey. Wanna see it.

Surprisingly Ritz comes with many good shade, love many of them, except Silver.
Old 28th February 2010, 00:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post

Sure. Will post some after washing her on Sunday! Personally I like the Baker's chocolate - still turns my head anywhere, anytime.
Old 28th February 2010, 01:00   #19
BHPian

A longer drive...

Just had the chance of going on a longer trip, hence decided to take the Ritz rather than my Zen as usual.
Pune-Mumbai-Pune via old Bombay-Pune highway. Total run of 450km.
Again, never exceeded 80km/h @2000RPM at any time, frankly didn't need to!
In one word, the drive is a breeze. Commanding road presence makes it easier to plan safe overtaking on the highway and in city traffic, especially if one is stuck behind a taller vehicle! Acceleration in 3rd and 4th gears while overtaking is inspiring.
Excellent to drive up the Khopoli-Khandala (old) ghat section as opposed to the laboured one of my Zen - done effortlessly in 3rd/4th gear. Significantly, as opposed to my experience with the Wagon-R, I did not feel any lateral instability (is it body roll?) even at 80km/hr on the ghat (expressway) bends.
On crudely tarred road patches, the tires and suspension do feel stiff and transmit quite a racket! Also the seats, which are still covered in plastic feel quite rigid and bench-like after 2-3 hours of continuous driving.
A.C. cooling is excellent at 1st - 2nd speed (without any loss of power); needed to be kept on during the daytime drive, but had to be switched off very frequently after 8pm as it kept getting very cold in about half a minute or so.
Headlamp throw @ low beam is pathetic for the open highway; it's just impossible to see who or what is waiting to cross your path from the side of the road! I had to readjust the level to a farther one. Fog lamps are maybe just enough to let the oncoming traffic see you; you can't see anything with them!
As it still has to get the first service, I haven't bothered about the FE figures - for those who want to know, I had filled 1100/-...the math is yours to do.
Old 14th March 2010, 14:32   #20
BHPian

First Service @ 990km

Sai Service surely organises the service appointments well - I got calls twice before the end of the month from the date of delivery and the appointment was booked on phone (with an SMS confirming the appt number).

As I could not personally drive (& wait till the service was done), I had them send a driver to pick up the car at 9:30am. About an hour later, I got a call from the service centre asking me if I had any problems to report. Although I had none, I asked the person to check if the AC was making any sound while starting, as has been reported by some owners. He checked that (from inside the cabin & outside with the bonnet open; although I was not physically present to verify) and did not report anything doubtful.

One really funny answer (not expected from a service engineer) was the suggestion to drive on highways rather than in city traffic when I asked him about getting a better mileage post servicing! What I meant to ask was whether any engine tuning is done at the time of servicing.

Anyway, with the service "done", the car was delivered at my home promptly. After service inspection : No scratches, thankfully. All electricals working (especially power windows). No noise on switching on the AC.
Washing seemed to have been done carelessly as there were wet dust stains on the door sills, ends of the dashboard and even on the instrument console! The casual explanation was the water under pressure gets splashed! I agree, but could that not be wiped away? Geez!

Haven't driven much after that (as I also have to use my Zen, lest it goes on strike!), so not much to say.
Old 14th March 2010, 19:05   #21
BHPian

Exterior pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post

Sorry for such a long delay (& quality of the pics). Finally took some from all sides.

My new Ritz Vxi-img123.jpg

My new Ritz Vxi-img124.jpg

My new Ritz Vxi-img125.jpg

My new Ritz Vxi-img126.jpg

My new Ritz Vxi-img127.jpg Here are some though.
Old 14th March 2010, 21:17   #22
BHPian

Hi why don't you go for black side moulding and rear bumper protector rubber? Both of them will give your car a much better look as well as save the car from notorious Pune bikewaals. I have fitted the same from MASS.
Old 16th March 2010, 13:24   #23
BHPian

<p>
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Hi why don't you go for black side moulding and rear bumper protector rubber? Both of them will give your car a much better look as well as save the car from notorious Pune bikewaals. I have fitted the same from MASS.
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Thanks. Do you have a pic of what they look like on the car? I still have to get seat covers, sunfilm and ICE, so I can consider your suggestion at the same time.</p>

Last edited by Zen2001 : 16th March 2010 at 13:25.
Old 16th March 2010, 22:28   #24
BHPian

[quote=Zen2001;1785367Do you have a pic of what they look like on the car?[/quote]

Sure. I'll post that tomorrow.
Old 20th March 2010, 12:56   #25
BHPian

Hi Zen2001,
Posting the photos for your ref.
Attached Thumbnails
My new Ritz Vxi-19032010002.jpg  

My new Ritz Vxi-19032010001.jpg  

Old 24th March 2010, 23:49   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Zen2001,
Posting the photos for your ref.
Thanks for the pics. Will try for those. How much did MASS charge you for that?
Old 25th March 2010, 00:00   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen2001 View Post
Sorry for such a long delay (& quality of the pics). Finally took some from all sides.
Hi, I guess these photos were taken at NCL, Pune campus?

body side mouldings - Rs. 1066 and bumper moulding - Rs. 613, may less in local market.

Last edited by gaddiwale : 25th March 2010 at 00:02.
Old 26th March 2010, 00:15   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I guess these photos were taken at NCL, Pune campus?

body side mouldings - Rs. 1066 and bumper moulding - Rs. 613, may less in local market.
Thanks for the prices. Asked for the mouldings at Reliance Autozone (where I got Autoform U-fit seat covers done today; will post pics soon) - didn't have any for Ritz. I'll have to check elsewhere.

BTW, no, thats not NCL.
Old 4th April 2010, 17:05   #29
BHPian

Seat covers...finally

Finally got these Autoform U fit seat covers after hunting quite a bit for suitable shades to match the grey. Also had to wait for from my wife, who will primarily be using the car. Cost : 4888/- @ Reliance Autozone, Pune.

P.S.: The Autozone guy was desperately trying to convince me to go for "Teflon coating". I seriously doubt the long term value of the same and told him the same.

My new Ritz Vxi-ritzseats-001.jpg

My new Ritz Vxi-ritzseats-002.jpg
Old 16th April 2010, 00:24   #30
BHPian

Basic ICE & Sunfilms

As things are really getting hot, I could no longer delay putting sunfilms inspite of having researched 3M, V-Kool, Garware, Llumar etc. and not having reached a definite conclusion. Finally went in for Garware Grey 40 for sides & rear only @ 3250/-

Depending on the effectiveness of this (40%VLT, 99% UVR, 50%TSER), will decide about front windscreen filming.

Not much of an ICE freak myself (& wife, who will use it) - got Kenwood KDC - 346U (6800 with B/W) with a pair of 6" JBL GT5s for the front (2600 with B/W) and a pair of Kenwood 6" for the rear (1500 with B/W)

Both are pretty decent and VFM installs, I'd say...(I hope so!)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks