Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 21:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
5. The biggest Postive as per me is the joy and smiles it brings it to everyone. It kind of bonds the common people together. From neighbours coming upto me to tell me that i can park it in their parkings to total strangers just gazing over it and smiling. The list of such experiences is endless and its been just one month. WOW.
And this can't ever be expressed quantitatively! Simple thing in life, a simple down to earth car!
Old 11th March 2010, 14:27   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations! The Nano seems to fit your wife's needs to the T. I can totally relate to your observations as my best friend just added a Nano to his garage. It's superbly suited to city driving. Light, nippy, cheap (so you don't bother too much with scratches) and surprisingly peppy this side of 60 kph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
The biggest Postive as per me is the joy and smiles it brings it to everyone.
I have never seen people smiling back at the car I'm driving, the way they did in his yellow Nano.

Where are the pictures of your car?
Old 11th March 2010, 15:27   #18
kkg
BHPian

continued....

now for the negatives, this car sure has many but then who hasn't. NOBODY IS PERFECT. Its to be noted here that this car would be the first car for most of the buyers so little niggling issues, little irritants would get unnoticed by them. But for those who already have owned a car before, some issues are always there to stay.

1. Although Tata has clearly mentioned in the owner's manual that the sound characteristics of this vehicle are different from other vehicles but this different it would be, i never thought so. When you crank the motor it sounds like a CNG run auto. Moreover in reverse gear, the RPM increase and so does the idling sound of the engine. So parking it in front of house in the night, the whole neighbourhood gets to know i have arrived.
I expect Tata to do someting about it in the next bach of NANOs.

2. The viberations inside the cabin are easily felt.The internal RVM vibrates lke anything and makes difficult to look behind. So does the parcel tray, it makes stupid squeaky sounds. Also the plastic cladings on the sides of the front seats are very rattly.

3. The most irritant part are the front seats. The seats themselves are pretty comfy but the sliding channel beneath them are very horendous. There is fair amount of play in them. On the move, when you apply the breaks the Seat goes forward a few mms.

4.Also the ergonomics of the car are pretty poor as well. The Power window swithches located in front of the gear are hard to reach with seat belts on. My wife with her modest height of 5'2 always struggles doing that.

5. The rubber beadings on the doors are of suspeptable quality. Although i have used the the air con very briefly, but as soon as you swictch it off, all cooling it has done disappears quicky. Also if you keep your palm the door opening handle (with windows up and the car moving), you can feel the air coming in.

6. This is serious. I once washed the car with a water hose. When i opened the doors i saw a fair amount of water droplets inside. Same was the case under the bonnet and i also small patch of rust. I am doubtful about the overall expected life of the vehicle.

7. I know this is a car everybody likes but not the car everybody respects. There are people whom egos get hurt when a nano overtakes them. Drivers of bluelines and tempos shout " isse hata le bhai..." . and believe me the things are gonna get worse. People have a prejudice that you are in nano because you can not afford anything else.

8. Mine is top end version but the Left OVRM is missing. I would have happily given another 5oo bucks for that. Moreover that is not availabe as accessory either. TATA are you listening??

9. The tyres are puny. Anything above 20kms/hr on turns and u turns makes a lot of noise. Also the breaks are not that great and takes some getting used to.

Now some of you must be thinking that these aren't big issues specially with the car that is made to cost. The answer is yes they are not such big issues individually but when on a drive ,and just to drive these issues collectively surely irritate. I am looking forward to its first out station drive to Dharamshala in April, will update its performance later.

CHEERS.

And yes Inspite of all these We Love Our VIKRAM (FOR THE RECORDS-" I named my NANO as Vikram because i sound like a Vikram auto".
Old 11th March 2010, 16:11   #19
BHPian

congrats for the cute nano dude... some of my friends claimed that nano will give 23+kmpl...
Old 11th March 2010, 16:22   #20
BHPian

Congrats on your Nano. You'll like it. Its a good Engineering icon from well reputed Tata.
Old 22nd March 2010, 19:40   #21
kkg
BHPian

Sorry for such a big interval, but here are the latest pics of the Vikram
Attached Thumbnails
Story of our Nano now called... Vikram-dsc01323-1600x1200.jpg  

Story of our Nano now called... Vikram-dsc01325-1600x1200.jpg  

Story of our Nano now called... Vikram-dsc01327-1600x1200.jpg  

Story of our Nano now called... Vikram-dsc01331-1600x1200.jpg  

Story of our Nano now called... Vikram-dsc01335-1600x1200.jpg  

Story of our Nano now called... Vikram-dsc01336-1600x1200.jpg  

Story of our Nano now called... Vikram-dsc01337-1600x1200.jpg  

Story of our Nano now called... Vikram-dsc01338-1600x1200.jpg  

Story of our Nano now called... Vikram-dsc01339-1600x1200.jpg  

Story of our Nano now called... Vikram-dsc01341-1600x1200.jpg  

kkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2010, 20:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

Vikram looks very nice, First scratch!!!! that's sad :-(
Old 22nd March 2010, 20:47   #23
BHPian

Congrats on the Nano! That scratch should hurt.
Old 22nd March 2010, 21:11   #24
kkg
BHPian

Yeah, that scratch hurts for sure,to my WIFE ( she parked the car in her office parking all ok and in the evening it was there).
Old 22nd March 2010, 21:45   #25
BHPian

Excellent snaps. The rear bench looks decent for 2 with respect to headroom and legroom. What do you say?
The "Vikram" sticker is also looking quite good.
Old 13th April 2010, 23:42   #26
kkg
BHPian

The odo is past 3560 kms and the thing is still trouble free. a long drive to Shimla and back and the myths and prejudices are now killed, FORVER.

DELHI-SHIMLA-KUFRI-CHAIL-SHIMLA-DELHI.

Trip Duration : 10 APR - 12 APR
Total Distance : 840 kms
Total Fuel: 37.99 ltrs
Total FE : 22.42KMPL
FUEL EXP : Rs 1845/-

Highest FE : 27.5 kmpl ( Delhi to Ambala) without AC
Old 14th April 2010, 03:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Stupendous FE.
When you get the time, kindly share the long drive experience.
Old 14th April 2010, 07:20   #28
BHPian

A very nice report. I have always wondered about one thing, where do you keep the car's documents? I don't think you get a normal glove box in the Nano.

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
Old 14th April 2010, 07:28   #29
BHPian

Fantastic pics KKG. Keep posting.

You review is a welcome break from all the negative comments on 'nano' on other threads.
Old 14th April 2010, 08:31   #30
Senior - BHPian

That is an impressive FE figure, as others asked please share your long drive experience

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks