Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:00   #1
BHPian

Punters Addition ... 1.2 Punto Active

Hello Members,
After a long search, wait, suggestion, Discussion etc I finally decided to plumb in my money on the 1.2 Punto Active, Yes Off course I had enough and more NO . NO's from evryone possible but this time I listened to my Heart and went ahead and picked up the car on the 26th Febraury.

After a long stint of Maruthis this is my First FIAT, I have been driving a Maruthi Esteem Limited Edition 2002 Model and it was getting too much of an issue to maintain the same so finally decide to pick a new car for my city use and Punto 1.2 active fit my budget and requirement.

I had to wait for almost a month for the 2010 Model of the same and finally I was told that My delivery was on the 25th Febrauary when I went into the Showroom (Concorde Motors Dairy Circle) as Usual the sales Rep hadnt delivered what he had Promised, he had initially agreed to paint the Mirrors and the Door Handles Red but he asked me to take delivery and then come back for my first Service and get it paintedtell him anything .. I was furious still I politely asked him to get it painted and give me the delivery the next day as I had a leave the next day.... he didnt know what to say but oblige.

The next day I got a call stating my delivery is scheduled at 1.00 in the afternoon and I reached the showroom at 12 I waited till 2 and took delivery of my Red Punto at 2.30 evrything else was smooth..the paper work etc but the Concern again was the paint, they had painted the door handles and the Mirror like it was afavour clear coat was not applied and it is still grainy and Paint from the door handles are chipping out I really don know what to do.... please advise .

I drove back Home then Visited a Local tyre shop and Upgraded my Tyres to 195/60/14 YOKOHAMA and then the same afternoon went ahead and Blackened the A and B pillars.
The next day I left to coorg My hometown the Drive was Nice The car is a Little Underpowered but it is hardly Noticable In the City the Culprit I felt is the 2nd gear which is slow and once enged the car loses its Momentum, and I couldnt push the car much as I was running in the car.Now at present the car is in coorg as I need to get the registration done on the same once It is back the next week Ill write a detailed reveiew of the car,
And can someone advise me how to run in My car .

Next week I plan to installa good Music system and Hella Rally 4000 Lamps on my car , will post the Pictures soon.
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:18   #2
BHPian

Congratulations and wishing you lacks of happy miles on your new Punto!! Finally pics and sweets please!!!
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:22   #3
BHPian

Congratulations... Njoy your new drive
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:29   #4
BHPian

Congrats on the new red beauty.

Waiting for your detailed review and if possible with photos of the beauty taken with Indian Scotland (Coorg) as the backdrop.
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey congrats bro!! Pics please.
Old 2nd March 2010, 16:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

After many days a new Punto is on T-BHP Congratulations dude. Have safe n happy rides ahead.
Old 2nd March 2010, 16:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Bopanna!

Some pictures please...
Old 2nd March 2010, 16:41   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats mate!

Please update us more on the drivability and fuel efficiency of the 1.2 motor. Keenly looking forward to it as my cousing is willing to put the money on this model. He is sold on the looks of the white Punto 1.2 active model.
Old 2nd March 2010, 20:00   #9
BHPian

congrats bro. upload the pictures soon
Old 2nd March 2010, 21:19   #10
BHPian

re:

First of all, congrats!!!
Could you please update the FE figure? IMHO, it's bit controversial. Some of the owners have reported dismal FE figure in city driving condition.
Old 2nd March 2010, 22:38   #11
BHPian

congrats on ur buy bops
Old 2nd March 2010, 23:35   #12
Senior - BHPian

congrats bopanna - red punto looks awesome.
Sorry to hear about the paint situation. Classic case of a nice product hampered by ugly A.S.S.
Keep us posted on your experiences, and please share some pictures.
Happy revving!
Old 3rd March 2010, 00:03   #13
BHPian

Congrats Bopanna. Good decision to buy the Punto.

Regarding the shoddy paint work, pls write a mail to FIAT india. You have the link in the Fiat India website. FIAT is quick to reply.
Old 3rd March 2010, 11:15   #14
BHPian

Hello Members thank you for the wishes will post the Pictures soon once the Hella Rallye 4000 is Installed on the car .
could someone tell me if installing these lights will void my warranty.
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:42   #15
BHPian

Pics

Hello
Members attaching a few Pictures of my Car along with a picture of a well maintained Fiat which I accidentally saw outside the Bangalore Auto show.
Well I have driven the car for about 700 kms and it feels good , only few Issues that I have is the car stalls most of the times when I try moving it in the 1st gear and thee is strange noise -in the 4th and the 5th gear which dissappears after the speedo hits 60kmph, can anyone tell me what it might be.
Attached Thumbnails
Punters Addition ... 1.2 Punto Active-dscf3032.jpg  

Punters Addition ... 1.2 Punto Active-dscf3035.jpg  

Punters Addition ... 1.2 Punto Active-dscf3065.jpg  

Punters Addition ... 1.2 Punto Active-dscf3071.jpg  

Punters Addition ... 1.2 Punto Active-dscf3072.jpg  

Punters Addition ... 1.2 Punto Active-dscf3076.jpg  

Punters Addition ... 1.2 Punto Active-dscf3082.jpg  

Punters Addition ... 1.2 Punto Active-dscf3478.jpg  

Attached Images

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com