Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2010, 15:34   #31
BHPian

the hunt for the temperature gauge is over!

Actually there is a temperature guage. A thin Crescent line with a blue segmentized readout. The car interiors, space, is all huge. But those gauges are tiny. The telltale lights are pathetically dim! otherwise the Vista is really good!
Old 5th March 2010, 16:36   #32
BHPian

Wow, excellent review Sid
Looks like we have a very good team of reviewers in Team BHP :-)
Old 5th March 2010, 17:09   #33
BHPian

thats and excellent review sid !!! I have actually started to like the vista now and would surely be TD'ing it during the weekend
Old 5th March 2010, 22:49   #34
Team-BHP Support

I'm surprised not many people like the looks of the Vista. I personally think its one of the best looking hatchbacks sold in India. But 'looks' are subjective I understand.

But I fail to understand why many don't like the interior/plastic quality. According to me, it is leagues ahead of Marutis & Hyundais. And this I'm saying after checking out i10, Spark, Ritz, i20, Swift, A-Star, Vista & Estilo for a relative who wanted to buy a car.

I recommended the Vista after being particular impressed by interior quality & of course, space.

I was particularly disappointed with i20, especially since I had high expectations looking at its feature list. But once I sat inside, I was disappointed by the hard plastics everywhere. To me -

Good plastic quality = Soft touch plastics.

And Vista is the only small car sold in India with soft touch plastics

Last edited by SmartCat : 5th March 2010 at 22:54.
Old 5th March 2010, 22:51   #35
BHPian

whew, awesome review

superb review
you have covered all the points
will buy one shortly
Old 5th March 2010, 23:03   #36
BHPian

isnt tata listening?

it would surely help tata motors if they devote some time and monitor all these forums which bring out the views of normal guys who own or wish to buy their car
if they rectify atleast 50 percent of their problem areas
they will be giving sleepless nights to their competition
barring the few niggles in the finish and the legendary panel gaps which are the favourite hunting ground of auto journalist
tata brings out products which spell VFM in bold letters
Old 6th March 2010, 07:52   #37
BANNED

The review is very good. At last there is a review for Vista. Would it be possible to upgrade an Vista Quadrajet Aura to an Vista Quadrajet Aura+ i.e. basically fit the airbag and abs to an Vista Quadrajet Aura.
Old 6th March 2010, 11:25   #38
BHPian

They had some issues with the Air-con vents - have those been rectified?
Old 6th March 2010, 11:39   #39
Senior - BHPian

There was an issue with the air con itself. that was fixed. I'm not sure about the vents
Old 8th March 2010, 23:26   #40
BHPian

Quote:
The old Indica V2 will be phased out from Euro 4 cities after April 1,2010.
Sid: Does that mean it will be only indica vista which will be on sale from April 1, 2010 all over the country.

Last edited by GTO : 9th March 2010 at 11:54. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 9th March 2010, 16:22   #41
BHPian

Excellent review Sid.
All said and done. Vista Aura is VFM car. Despite being built from scratch and not an upgrade of Indica V2, I dont understand the necessity of having the tag of Indica or the same in case of Manza a tag of Indigo. Indica and Indigo though complete VFM cars have had an image of a Tour car or a taxi. And the tag is doing all the damage.
Old 9th March 2010, 17:57   #42
BHPian

Thanks a lot for the excellent review. Our office had sent a Vista once once for my office pick up and i was marvelling at the excellent NVH of of the MJD. When i got down it turned out to be a Safire on CNG. Must add that Vista has one of the most comfortable back seat rides as rightfully pointed out in the review. Iffy plastics like door handles and horrible quality window winders were ofcourse part of the package.

But the big question now is that with the kind of stunning prices that Ford has announced for the Figo, i am left wondering how strong does Vista look in the market. Given its USPs of space and affordability have been nullified by the Figo, how does one make a case for the Vista. I sincerely do hope Tata comes up with a convincing answer.

1.2 Safire petrol
  • terra- 3,46,287
  • aqua- 3,71,661
  • aura- 3,95,795
  • aura ABS- 4,17,794
  • aura plus- 4,49,502
1.3 quadrajet diesel
  • terra- 4,27,980
  • aqua- 4,50,337
  • aura- 4,82,386
  • aura ABS- 5,04,385
  • aura plus- 5,35,328
Ford Figo:

1.2 LXI : 3.6 lakhs
1.2 EXI : 3.85 lakhs
1.2 SXI : 4.20 lakhs
1.2 Titanium : 4.50 lakhs

1.4 LXI : 4.50 lakhs
1.4 EXI : 4.75 lakhs
1.4 SXI : 5.15 lakhs
1.4 Titanium : 5.45 lakhs
Old 9th March 2010, 18:26   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
Sid: Does that mean it will be only indica vista which will be on sale from April 1, 2010 all over the country.
Nope the V2 will still sell everywhere but the 14 cities that will move to BS-IV on April 1, 2010. These 14 cities can have only the Vista sold and registered.
Old 10th March 2010, 16:30   #44
BHPian

@jay2009 - Ford in no Tata in the Indian market. Ford's reputation is neither that of a premium brand like a VW nor that of a VFM brand like Tata, Suzuki or lately even GM. I enjoyed driving a 1.6 Zxi Ikon for a while but its after sales service and prices for spares were nothing short of a nightmare. Even the Figo is a revamped decade old Fiesta. Ford's network is not the finest either. It is not going to create much of a dent.
Old 10th March 2010, 17:46   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
I'm surprised not many people like the looks of the Vista. I personally think its one of the best looking hatchbacks sold in India. But 'looks' are subjective I understand.

But I fail to understand why many don't like the interior/plastic quality. According to me, it is leagues ahead of Marutis & Hyundais. And this I'm saying after checking out i10, Spark, Ritz, i20, Swift, A-Star, Vista & Estilo for a relative who wanted to buy a car.

I recommended the Vista after being particular impressed by interior quality & of course, space.

I was particularly disappointed with i20, especially since I had high expectations looking at its feature list. But once I sat inside, I was disappointed by the hard plastics everywhere. To me -

Good plastic quality = Soft touch plastics.

And Vista is the only small car sold in India with soft touch plastics
I completely agree with you there mate, even I recently checked most of the cars in Mumbai AutoMall Autoshow, and I can tell you, in all the cars mentioned by you plastic was really hard almost like old Indicas, whereas Vista plastic is more softer feeling, specially the beige part and door pads in top end. The only let down is the way inner door handles have been integrated, the can surely be improved upon. Figo's plastics are similar to old Indica's plastics very hard every where. So I find it really strange when people just the plastics quality is bad, Quality is much better than other cars just they need to be screwed together better and that too in some corners not overall.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks