Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 10:51   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Yeah, I heard it too. Any particular brand in mind? Cost??
I went for OE Manza alloys from Tata. Personally feel that they look very good on Manza and we don't have to worry about PCD and offset as they are meant for this car. They are priced very well. Sterling Automobile in Noida is offering @4k per piece. So 16k for a set of four. This is not an exchange price, so you still get to keep your stock rims (or can sell, should fetch about 1k with rim covers).
Old 10th March 2010, 12:00   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Which model/colour? how many kms have you clocked?
Safire Aura+ in Minimal Grey (I think). Got delivered in January this year and has run about 1600 kms with about 90% AC. Too bad, I have been travelling (Got my hands on her more than a month after she was delivered) and have driven it for less than 100 of those, mostly in Mumbai traffic.

My comments
  1. Would kill for TML to put rear aircon vents. Just to quote an example, on a relatively hot day, aircon on and running, I was getting chilled especially on the hands which tend to get a direct blow from the vents while people at the rear had still not cooled down.
  2. Otherwise, my aircon has never been in the full cool mode as people around me can't tolerate it.
  3. Fuel Average - About 11.5 - 12.5 inline with the DIS display (+/- 0.5 kmpl). This seems to be similar with the averages reported on TBHP.
  4. Max. instantaneous fuel average (as per DIS) is 25 kmpl when you lift your foot off the accelerator.
  5. Mods done - None
  6. Driving style - Still getting used to the size of the thing especially after driving two indicas (both sold) and a santro over the last 10 years. So have not pushed her too much. Besides, when you rev her over 3500 rpm in any gear, the DIS shows an inst. mileage in single digits
  7. Niggles faced - None so far. Dad did complain of a lower pickup but neither me or mom found that to be the case (Maybe dad expected better after driving around an Indica V2 DLS earlier and the Santro Xing for the last 4 months.)
Old 11th March 2010, 11:36   #48
BHPian

[quote=windiesel;1774319]Driven the Linea as well. The suspension, build quality, solid feel etc of a Linea are in a different league. Performance is more or less the same. Looks are beyond compare... Go for it if you can afford it. Well, I couldn't, so I settled for the Manza! simple. Another thing, in case you're considering the petrol Linea then you're within striking distance of the segment leader, the ANHC too.

Hey Vasanthn, What Windiesel said is correct, even ANHC would be in your reach if you decide to go for the linea. But you ll have to decide if your requirements are a good brand name/Maintainance costs /A** go for the ANHC, if your requirements are ride quality/handling/high speed stability/responsive steering/ and other additional features like blue n me and stuff go for linea.

Or you can wait for a few more months and wait for Linea T Jet.That would be the best driver/enthusiasts car in the segment.

PS- Unlock the turbo and you ll get the one of the best drivers car south of 15 lakhs.( I have not driven the Cruze)

Last edited by MihirC : 11th March 2010 at 11:39.
Old 12th March 2010, 11:07   #49
Senior - BHPian

windiesel, congratulations on your white Manza, most preferred colour by many owners and seen mostly same shade on roads.Stonker of an engine from fiat.Enjoy your drives and keep updating.Tata surely knows how to price their car along with lounge space inside their vehicles.
Old 12th March 2010, 11:17   #50
Senior - BHPian

Saw one white manza in Bangalore (near tbhpian n_mouli's house) and it looks superb. I think white is one of the best colour, especially rear view.
Old 12th March 2010, 11:45   #51
BHPian

Though looks may be subjective. Even i think that the Manza's rear is it's best angle.
Saw a golden Manza yesterday, even that looks good on Manza.

P.S. Here goes my newbie status. A BHPian now
P.P.S Couldn't help it.
Old 12th March 2010, 14:34   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

The white and red colored Manza looks very cadillac from the rear.

The white shade makes the car looks more up market.
Old 14th March 2010, 08:48   #53
BHPian

WEEKEND UPDATE!
750 Kms on the odo and its been happy motoring so far. Got a tankful last night after the fuel warning light came on while the needle was just about touching the red zone. Tank was filled to the brim after repeatedly shaking the car to make the froth settle down. She could take in 37.5 ltrs. Promptly calculated the mileage after checking the trip meter which read 712 kms, voila, it has returned no less than 18.986 kpl !! (without A/C) It's amazing, even my Indica never gave more than 17 in city. It could be because I'm taking it real easy and hardly ever going beyond 2500 rpm, and 280 kms out of those 712 were on the GT road while driving home from Patiala. BTW the DIS showed a mileage of 17.8. Niggle No.1? you be the judge!

Planning to go upto 3000 rpm after 1000kms, ok?

The music system is great even without the missing parcel tray speakers. I am enjoying all my retro music while on the move. My 8GB pen drive can hold enough of BeeGees, Tull, Dire Straits, Uriah Heep etc and the best part is that the system reads a 8 GB drive in about 30 seconds. The blue display is not so comprehensive, IMO. Would have liked a larger display with more equaliser functions like the Winamp. Paired my mobile too, it works just fine. Where is the mike in the car, someone mentioned on this site, that there is one somewhere?
Has anyone else paid 5K extra for the porcelain white colour like I have?

PROBLEMS FACED
1. The front rt door armrest does'nt feel very well put together. It actually moves a bit if you try to shake it. Rest are ok, though.
2. The driver side orvm glass does not turn out wide enough to see the road behind (as it should) and in fact you're seeing more of your own car's behind, which is not so cute anyway! (as it should not)
3. The head lights, though powerful, are very diffused and thus do not have a long enough reach. And you want to see really far ahead when the beast is moving at 80 kmph in eerie silence in the dead of night. With the rain coming down in waves and the fleeting glimpse of the occasional bat, you need really strong lights to be able to spot the feminine figure draped in a white saree asking for a lift from really far, so that you can make an emergency U-Turn and get the hell out of there before she bares her Fangs!
Old 14th March 2010, 09:46   #54
BHPian

Quote:
WEEKEND UPDATE!
it has returned no less than 18.986 kpl !! (without A/C) It's amazing, even my Indica never gave more than 17 in city. It could be because I'm taking it real easy and hardly ever going beyond 2500 rpm, and 280 kms out of those 712 were on the GT road while driving home from Patiala. BTW the DIS showed a mileage of 17.8. Niggle No.1? you be the judge!
Great FE windiesel... congrats

Quote:
Where is the mike in the car, someone mentioned on this site, that there is one somewhere?
Mike is just above the rear view mirror on the front windshield.(Small Black coloured one)

Quote:
1. The front rt door armrest does'nt feel very well put together. It actually moves a bit if you try to shake it. Rest are ok, though.
2. The driver side orvm glass does not turn out wide enough to see the road behind (as it should) and in fact you're seeing more of your own car's behind, which is not so cute anyway! (as it should not)
+1, i also had asked the service center guys about the front door arm rest.But as per them its common in all Manza

Quote:
you need really strong lights to be able to spot the feminine figure draped in a white saree asking for a lift from really far, so that you can make an emergency U-Turn and get the hell out of there before she bares her Fangs!
Well said windiesel.
Old 14th March 2010, 19:14   #55
BHPian

Quote:
WEEKEND UPDATE!
750 Kms on the odo and its been happy motoring so far. Got a tankful last night after the fuel warning light came on while the needle was just about touching the red zone. Tank was filled to the brim after repeatedly shaking the car to make the froth settle down. She could take in 37.5 ltrs. Promptly calculated the mileage after checking the trip meter which read 712 kms, voila, it has returned no less than 18.986 kpl !! (without A/C) It's amazing, even my Indica never gave more than 17 in city. It could be because I'm taking it real easy and hardly ever going beyond 2500 rpm, and 280 kms out of those 712 were on the GT road while driving home from Patiala. BTW the DIS showed a mileage of 17.8. Niggle No.1? you be the judge!
I do not think thats a niggle. The DIS is only about 1 kmpl off. Besides, the DIS figures will be so far over the 750 kms you have done not the tankful to tankful method. Besides, you do not know when the DIS figures have been reset during the initial running of the car.

A better idea would be to reset the DIS as well when you fill her next and the check.
Old 15th March 2010, 12:45   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
you need really strong lights to be able to spot the feminine figure draped in a white saree asking for a lift from really far, so that you can make an emergency U-Turn and get the hell out of there before she bares her Fangs!
You need to be worried only if the white saree lady is holding a candle and singing a haunting song. Otherwise, you can try your luck and give her a drop home.
Old 15th March 2010, 15:48   #57
BHPian

Quote:
WEEKEND UPDATE!
The head lights, though powerful, are very diffused and thus do not have a long enough reach. And you want to see really far ahead when the beast is moving at 80 kmph in eerie silence in the dead of night. With the rain coming down in waves and the fleeting glimpse of the occasional bat, you need really strong lights to be able to spot the feminine figure draped in a white saree asking for a lift from really far, so that you can make an emergency U-Turn and get the hell out of there before she bares her Fangs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
You need to be worried only if the white saree lady is holding a candle and singing a haunting song. Otherwise, you can try your luck and give her a drop home.
IMHO, I would still take that risk.
If she's a genuine and beautiful hitchhiker, I am happy.
If she's not beautiful, I still gave a lady a lift and my heart is happy
If she does bare her fangs, my body is. Can't think of a better place for it to rest, maybe the back seat??

Quote:
WEEKEND UPDATE!
I never found this in my Manza! I can see clearly behind, may be its good, at least you can see who comes close to kissing her rear.
Seriously, I hope no one does otherwise you may have a dent on her rear and secondly, the person was really desperate to kiss her rear.

My 100th post is also dedicated to the Manza!!

Last edited by adits : 15th March 2010 at 15:52.
Old 19th March 2010, 01:41   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
I went for OE Manza alloys from Tata. Personally feel that they look very good on Manza and we don't have to worry about PCD and offset as they are meant for this car. They are priced very well. Sterling Automobile in Noida is offering @4k per piece. So 16k for a set of four. This is not an exchange price, so you still get to keep your stock rims (or can sell, should fetch about 1k with rim covers).
Please pardon my ignorance. 1K for a single wheel right. A set of 4 will fetch 4K isnt it.
Old 19th March 2010, 10:13   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Please pardon my ignorance. 1K for a single wheel right. A set of 4 will fetch 4K isnt it.
No, steel rims + covers don't fetch that much. My guess is all four will go for around 1k.
Old 21st March 2010, 16:22   #60
BHPian

Weekend Update
Clocked up almost a thousand kms with the FE hovering on the right side of 19. I'm a bit bothered about the temperature gauge though. It seems to be settling down way to high for comfort. Switched on the A/c today (since I'm almost at the end of the 1000 km running in as indicated on the windshield) but the cooling is no great shakes, in fact my ten year old Indica's cooling was much better (it was retrofitted with a Sanden 507 compressor). Let's see what difference the the first service makes. Other than the above it's pleasant motoring thus far.
The acceleration of this car is just phenominal! I've been taking her upto 3000 rpms now, and the 20 kgm of awesome torque pushes you back firmly against the seat! Enjoying every moment of it. Not even the Civic or the Corolla has this much of torque, chaps.
BTW, been watching Vanishing Point yesterday (the original 1973 flick starring Barry Newman and not the 1997 remake starring Viggo Mortensen) the '71 Dodge Challeger 7 liter Hemi head car, which is the real star of the film has more than 400 Nm of torque just imagine the devastation. Hey god is not fair guy! those guys across the Atlantic get all the goodies while back here we neither get the Hemi nor head!!

Smokie is keeping me company today. My kind of music from my time!
Attached Thumbnails
My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-chix-bday-pics-20mar2010-123.jpg  

My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-chix-bday-pics-20mar2010-121.jpg  

My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-chix-bday-pics-20mar2010-124.jpg  

My New Manza QJD AURA is home! The White Giant Rules!!-chix-bday-pics-20mar2010-125.jpg  

Last edited by windiesel : 21st March 2010 at 16:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks