Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2010, 12:48   #16
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase rr zen, Did you change the tires at Tyrestore?.

Happy ownership mate.

Hari.
Old 20th March 2010, 19:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Yes. I did change them at Tyrestore. Going there tomorrow for a fresh set of Michelins for my Esteem tomorrow. Thanks for the wishes !
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:03   #18
BHPian

Congrats RR_ZEN :- Sorry for being late in congralutaing, was busy with personal stuff and did not follow up on team-bhp, welcome to the club, happy and safe driving, Enjoy

Last edited by Aditya : 31st October 2014 at 13:15. Reason: No need for the quote since it's only a congratulatory note.
Old 23rd March 2010, 18:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats from my side as well. I was also busy with appreciating my own acquisition in the last few days!
Old 23rd March 2010, 20:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

Another lucky chap bitten by CIVIC-lisation! Congratulations! This metallic polished is one of the most popular color on USDM Civic and, I guess, it is also the safest color for dust, scratch. And I think you did a very sensible act by going for PLC tyres. Enjoy the noise free ride with comfort!
Old 23rd March 2010, 22:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

@iTNerd,penpavan,vasoo:Thanks for the wishes guys !

Had my first (reasonably) long drive on Saturday. Took the opportunity to take my daughter to the zoo. Man, what a machine ! 200% pure exhilaration for sure. I was simply floored by the amazing power delivery and the way the car handled with aplomb. I could feel a world of difference in the stability (after driving my Esteem). Found it extremely difficult to keep the car under 80kmph.
My 'Dream Machine' is home - Honda Civic V MT-img_1538_1.jpg

My 'Dream Machine' is home - Honda Civic V MT-img_1528_1.jpg
My new found love with my trusted workhorse, the Esteem
My 'Dream Machine' is home - Honda Civic V MT-img_1543_1.jpg

The car has completed 132 km overall now and the FE indicator shows 11.5kmpl with a mix of highway and city driving. I am happy with the results so far but hope the number would become better over time. Have to wait and watch.

Last edited by rr_zen : 23rd March 2010 at 22:23.
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2010, 10:31   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Found it extremely difficult to keep the car under 80kmph. The car has completed 132 km overall now and the FE indicator shows 11.5kmpl with a mix of highway and city driving. I am happy with the results so far but hope the number would become better over time. Have to wait and watch.
Congrats. No need for <80kmph. 11.5 on indicator means atleast 11kmpl. Did you get a chance to try cruise control?! How do you find the tire noise with M-PLC?

Only 132km?. Take her out often
Old 24th March 2010, 12:20   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
Congrats. No need for <80kmph. 11.5 on indicator means atleast 11kmpl. Did you get a chance to try cruise control?! How do you find the tire noise with M-PLC?

Yeah right. I did not really try to keep the speed under any limit. Only thing I avoided was revving beyond 3.5k rpm. Max speed I have reached is 133kmph during the first 1000 kms. In fact I did some spirited driving on ghat roads and highways while on the way back from Kollur without much revving. Now that I am past 1100 kms and the first service, I can take it for some interesting drives. Lot of trips planned in next couple of months. Planning a Chennai visit this weekend, Tirupati and Kerala trips in April.

Last edited by vasoo : 24th March 2010 at 12:21.
Old 24th March 2010, 12:40   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have not tried the cruise control as yet. Still want to get accustomed to all aspects of the car. I am giving it 1000kms for that. The Michelins are quite comfortable with no tyre noise but am not able to appreciate the difference much as I had driven barely 20km on the stock Bridgestones.

Quote:
Yeah I sure have to. I cant risk taking it to work everyday though. Planning some long drives during the weekend. Lets see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Yeah right. I did not really try to keep the speed under any limit. Only thing I avoided was revving beyond 3.5k rpm. Max speed I have reached is 133kmph during the first 1000 kms. In fact I did some spirited driving on ghat roads and highways while on the way back from Kollur without much revving. Now that I am past 1100 kms and the first service, I can take it for some interesting drives. Lot of trips planned in next couple of months. Planning a Chennai visit this weekend, Tirupati and Kerala trips in April.
Well, I am that sort of extra-careful person if you will and hence did not want to go beyond 80-85kmph. Once I have 2000km on the odo then I propose to go beyond this speed limit. Hey, if you come down to Chennai, lets try to meet up if possible. Happy touring !
Old 24th March 2010, 16:51   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have not tried the cruise control as yet. Still want to get accustomed to all aspects of the car. I am giving it 1000kms for that. The Michelins are quite comfortable with no tyre noise but am not able to appreciate the difference much as I had driven barely 20km on the stock Bridgestones.
CC is a very interesting feature and I am sure it will be fun to use it. The surge you get when you "Resume" from a "broken" CC mission is exhilarating. I tried this quite a lot on good highways and NICE road.

Quote:
Yeah I sure have to. I cant risk taking it to work everyday though. Planning some long drives during the weekend. Lets see.
Even I dont take it on my regular office trips. Why don't you drive down to Pondy on ECR and garner some miles? Or may be Yelagiri.

Quote:
Well, I am that sort of extra-careful person if you will and hence did not want to go beyond 80-85kmph. Once I have 2000km on the odo then I propose to go beyond this speed limit. Hey, if you come down to Chennai, lets try to meet up if possible. Happy touring !
I will ping you if that happens...
Old 24th March 2010, 16:59   #26
Senior - BHPian

Vasoo,
your signature is great
Honda Civic
Old 24th March 2010, 18:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
CC is a very interesting feature and I am sure it will be fun to use it. The surge you get when you "Resume" from a "broken" CC mission is exhilarating. I tried this quite a lot on good highways and NICE road.
I have used CC extensively in the US during my two plus year stint there and have thoroughly enjoyed it. However, I am not sure if it works the way in an MT. I presume yours is an AT. Want to take my time to get it right with the MT.

Quote:
Even I dont take it on my regular office trips. Why don't you drive down to Pondy on ECR and garner some miles? Or may be Yelagiri.
Yeah. I am planning to hit ECR and Sriperumbudur to begin with.

Quote:
I will ping you if that happens...
Sure.
Old 24th March 2010, 18:43   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have used CC extensively in the US during my two plus year stint there and have thoroughly enjoyed it. However, I am not sure if it works the way in an MT. I presume yours is an AT. Want to take my time to get it right with the MT.

Yeah. I am planning to hit ECR and Sriperumbudur to begin with.

Sure.
Even I could not imagine how CC works on an MT car. In any case, even in AT it is enabled only if the speed is above 45kmph or so and it seems to downshift for better surge to faster speed. It may not happen in MT, and hence the pickup felt may be lesser unless you are already in 3rd gear or lower.
Old 24th March 2010, 21:24   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Even I could not imagine how CC works on an MT car. In any case, even in AT it is enabled only if the speed is above 45kmph or so and it seems to downshift for better surge to faster speed. It may not happen in MT, and hence the pickup felt may be lesser unless you are already in 3rd gear or lower.
Its quite similar to S-with-paddles + CC; no up/down shift whatsoever.
Old 24th March 2010, 21:31   #30
Senior - BHPian

Call me the uninitiated, I am not aware of the functionality of the S mode in the AT version. I agree a lot of discussions have happened on the same in the forum but I did not evince too much of an interest as I was sure I would be buying only the MT. Now my question is:
With the cruise engaged, can I still change gears ? Are there any risks associated with it and is it the right practice ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks