Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2014, 14:57   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: My 'Dream Machine' is home - Honda Civic V MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Great, these are the ones that I have (attached one below), and I love them. It actually lends a different character to the rear end of the car
Precisely. You have the same model that I am also looking for. Is that spoiler OE or an after-market one ? How much did you pay for that ?
Old 26th March 2014, 15:12   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Precisely. You have the same model that I am also looking for. Is that spoiler OE or an after-market one ? How much did you pay for that ?
Its an OE one and got it from Honda itself.
Sometime back, I had checked for its price from Honda, and IIRC it was around 14K.

The part number is: 08F13-SNL7V0X
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 19:25   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Its an OE one and got it from Honda itself.
Sometime back, I had checked for its price from Honda, and IIRC it was around 14K.

The part number is: 08F13-SNL7V0X
Thanks for sharing the part number. Will for sure come in handy. The price seems to be lesser than what I heard from the Honda dealer more than a year ago. I was quoted around 20k and more and this includes the painting as well. When did you install yours ?
Old 26th March 2014, 20:48   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing the part number. Will for sure come in handy. The price seems to be lesser than what I heard from the Honda dealer more than a year ago. I was quoted around 20k and more and this includes the painting as well. When did you install yours ?
No issues, I am glad if it helps
Mine was installed three years ago.

The amount that I mentioned,14k, was the one I got when I was casually inquiring about the same while waiting for the car service. This would be somewhere around 4-5 months back.
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 12:59   #95
Senior - BHPian

My thirst for an OE spoiler for my Civic got quenched on a weekend two weeks ago. I was in touch with @sarathlal for getting an OE spoiler from his place as the price was too tempting and half of what I was quoted here in Chennai.

I thought of checking with Olympia Honda one last time on this and when I checked did not get a great answer. The response was lukewarm and the person I spoke to said that it is almost impossible to get the OE spoiler for the Civic now that the car has been discontinued. Also, he said that since it was financial year-end, he would be able to get back to me after checking with Honda only after a week or so. I hung up in dismay. Suddenly a thought crossed my mind and the next minute I was looking up for the contact number of Capital Honda. Thought of giving it a shot and called the number. After some repeated attempts to explain the reason for my call, was put on to the right person in Spares. The conversation that followed was music to my ears and I was on cloud nine by the time it was over.

Me: Hello, I am looking to install an OE spoiler for my Civic. When do you think you can arrange for it?

S.A: Sir, we have a spoiler readily available with us. If you confirm the order I can give it for painting right away. What model and color is your car?

Me: Are you saying you have one readily available ? And is it a genuine one?

S.A: Yes sir ! It is very much OE and is available at 50% discount. The original price comes to 23.5K INR including installation.

Me: (Couldn't control my excitement). When can I get this done?

S.A: Sir, if you place the order now, I will have it installed by Monday.

Me: Monday is tough, how about Saturday evening?

S.A: Let me check and come back to you sir.

He finally called me a few minutes later and confirmed that it can be done by Saturday evening. He wanted me to send a few snaps of the car to confirm the color which I did pronto.

The next day I went to the service center by 4.30 and the installation was done in a very professional manner. I was impressed. I stood next to the car watching the way it was carried out from start to finish. One thing I came to know was that the pair of support rod rods that hold the trunk lid in place had to be upgraded to a heavy duty one to withstand the additional weight of the spoiler. Also, there were two strips of transparent tape like material stuck to the edges of the spoiler which I was told was to prevent scratches. There were two sponge-like strips that were stuck to portion where the spoiler meets the rear quarter panels.

I was amazed at the eye for detail that the personnel showed during the installation. In about an hour's time, the installation was complete. The best was yet to come.

I went ahead to make the payment for the same and the S.A told me that he had further reduced the price per my request and the total bill came up to 11.4K INR overall. This was the icing on the cake. I left the place thanking the S.A and his men for the excellent workmanship and the cost of it. The car looks so complete now and is to my taste.

Well, as they say, human wants are unlimited and the next thing I want to do is to get an OE alloy wheel and get rid of the steel rimmed one which sits in the trunk.

Some pictures taken with my mobile:
Attached Thumbnails
My 'Dream Machine' is home - Honda Civic V MT-20140329_164439.jpg  

My 'Dream Machine' is home - Honda Civic V MT-20140414_111347.jpg  

My 'Dream Machine' is home - Honda Civic V MT-20140414_111359.jpg  

My 'Dream Machine' is home - Honda Civic V MT-20140329_175113.jpg  

rr_zen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 13:29   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
S.A: Yes sir ! It is very much OE and is available at 50% discount. The original price comes to 23.5K INR including installation.
I went ahead to make the payment for the same and the S.A told me that he had further reduced the price per my request and the total bill came up to 11.4K INR overall. This was the icing on the cake. I left the place thanking the S.A and his men for the excellent workmanship and the cost of it. The car looks so complete now and is to my taste.

Some pictures taken with my mobile:
Even at 50% discount, it is still very expensive! Just my thought. (After market pricing is around 3-4 K at most with same ABS stuff). But looks great!

Last edited by iTNerd : 16th April 2014 at 13:30.
Old 16th April 2014, 14:09   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Even at 50% discount, it is still very expensive! Just my thought. (After market pricing is around 3-4 K at most with same ABS stuff). But looks great!
Thanks. What I got was more than 50% discount plus having had a bad experience with the after-market side-step garnish, I am quite content with the OE and its quality. And even the after-market spoilers come up to 8-9K including painting and labour from what I have read in different threads.
Old 13th May 2015, 15:46   #98
Senior - BHPian

Its been more than a year since I updated this thread and it for sure deserves an update. The car completed 5 years in March and has been serving me very well. No qualms to report. It has clocked 17K km on the odo as of now and I had given it to HASS for the yearly service last Friday. More details of the same can be found here.

I got the car back the same evening. The total bill came upto 7.5K INR. Have attached the copy of the invoice herewith.

While I was careful enough to avoid the A/C disinfectant treatment, I got nailed on the motor care treatment for the engine. Not sure how effective this is. I would have saved circa 600 INR if I had opted out of it.Also the battery test is something am not able to digest (since mine is a zero maintenance battery) but can afford to brush it aside considering it is only 50 INR for the same. Need to be more vigilant next time. On second thoughts, I would look at going to HASS only for the oil change (due to challenges in availability of Idemitsu synth 0W30 in the open market) and look at a FNG for the rest of the work.

Some observations:

1. One of the items listed in the invoice is 'Take Road Test for any pulling'. I doubt if this was even done since there was no change in odometer reading before and after service. Unfortunately, I noticed this only after exiting the HASS. For whatever it is worth, I intend to bring it to the notice of the SA. At least it leaves a message that all customers are not naive.

2. I fail to understand why all settings like the seat, ORVMs, AC, steering etc have to be meddled with everytime. This is a regular feature after every service and it takes me a few minutes to get the car back to what I want it to be. Not sure if this is the case with all service centers.

3. The SA claimed that the noise from the strut to have been arrested by lubrication but unfortunately it hasnt. Need to check on the same.

4. Notice the 'Next Service Due Date'. Honda still recommends a service once in 3 months but am sure no owner would want to abide by it. In my case, my car would have hardly clocked 1.5K km during this period.

Overall, the engine is super smooth more so with the oil change and drives like a dream as she did on day one. I guess it is time for me to look at an FNG (probably IGNITE) for my future services and needs.
Attached Thumbnails
My 'Dream Machine' is home - Honda Civic V MT-civic-service-invoice-8may2015.jpg  

Old 13th May 2015, 20:13   #99
Senior - BHPian

Glad to know your cars doing well. 17k kms is too less for any suspension issue to come up. But to be on safe side better get the noise diagnosed from a competent garage. Also i would go with the battery test, which btw exide showroom guys would do for free. It's a good way to determine the health of the battery which can die at times without warning. Dunno how Hass guys check it but exide guys have a machine which check the strength of the battery's charge.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 13th May 2015 at 20:15.
Old 13th May 2015, 22:51   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Its been more than a year since I updated this thread and it for sure deserves an update. The car completed 5 years in March and has been serving me very well. ...
Hello there,

Do you stay in Ambattur?

I am in Avadi.

And where is Khivraj in Ambattur?

Is it a HASS?

Last edited by skdking : 13th May 2015 at 22:53.
Old 14th May 2015, 10:45   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Glad to know your cars doing well. 17k kms is too less for any suspension issue to come up. But to be on safe side better get the noise diagnosed from a competent garage. Also i would go with the battery test, which btw exide showroom guys would do for free. It's a good way to determine the health of the battery which can die at times without warning. Dunno how Hass guys check it but exide guys have a machine which check the strength of the battery's charge.
I have the Amaron PRO on the Civic and my experience with Amaron has been good so far. But I agree with your point that the battery can die without any cause at times.

I dont have any issue with the suspension as such but its the 'kat' 'kat' noise I get to hear when turning the steering all the way during standstill or when making a very slow turn. The strut bearings were replaced twice (the second time replacement was free since the noise persisted after the first change). I have given up on HASS on this one. As mentioned earlier, would be better off with an FNG for these things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Hello there,

Do you stay in Ambattur?

I am in Avadi.

And where is Khivraj in Ambattur?

Is it a HASS?
I stay near Maduravoyal. The HASS I go to is Olympia Honda which is part of the Khivraj group. All their invoices and job cards carry only the name of Khivraj Vaahan.
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 12:08   #102
Senior - BHPian

Finally, managed to get what I was hunting for years for my Civic. Its a simple one but yet availability was a major concern. Its the 5th alloy wheel which was on my most-wanted list for a very long time.

My car came with a steel-rimmed spare tire. I have been wanting to upgrade to an OE alloy for a long time but availability was a major challenge. None of the dealers were able to help me in sourcing one. The fact that my car is a face-lifted version of the V MT compounded the problem as the ones that were generally available new and used belonged to the S MT model.

I kept looking out for good used ones and found a guy in Ludhiana who wanted to give away all 4 alloys and not a single one. I agreed to take all 4 considering his plight but he quoted a bomb for that excluding shipping. This was last December. Quite frustrated, I put all plans regarding this on the back burner. I used to check sites like olx, quikr etc once in a while and all I could see was only the S MT alloys on sale and not a single one of the V model. Last week, while casually browsing the net, stumbled upon a pair of the V model alloys and immediately called up the contact and closed the deal at a very decent price. Now, I am waiting for the weekend to get the steel rimmed spare out of the trunk and plonk the alloy wheel in there.
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 12:26   #103
Senior - BHPian

My car has developed an issue with the clutch pedal of late. I feel the clutch is slightly on the harder side and every time it is depressed, I hear the kat-kat noise. I had pointed this out in the last service in May and had the clutch cable lubricated. The noise seemed to have gone after I picked the car from service but has resurfaced again now a few weeks back. But for this noise and hardness of the pedal, there is no issue with the functioning of the clutch as such. Will changing the clutch cable help ? The car is nearing 18K kms and I dont want to even think of an overhaul/replacement at this time given the mileage. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 4th August 2015, 17:19   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Will changing the clutch cable help ?
I was under the impression that the Civic does not have a cable operated clutch since it has a hydraulic clutch system. Please check if bleeding the clutch solves the problem of hard pedal and lubricating the pivot joint of the clutch pedal silences the noise while operation.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 23:48   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, managed to get what I was hunting for years for my Civic. Its a simple one but yet availability was a major concern. Its the 5th alloy wheel which was on my most-wanted list for a very long time.

My car came with a steel-rimmed spare tire. I have been wanting to upgrade to an OE alloy for a long time but availability was a major challenge. None of the dealers were able to help me in sourcing one. The fact that my car is a face-lifted version of the V MT compounded the problem as the ones that were generally available new and used belonged to the S MT model.

I kept looking out for good used ones and found a guy in Ludhiana who wanted to give away all 4 alloys and not a single one. I agreed to take all 4 considering his plight but he quoted a bomb for that excluding shipping. This was last December. Quite frustrated, I put all plans regarding this on the back burner. I used to check sites like olx, quikr etc once in a while and all I could see was only the S MT alloys on sale and not a single one of the V model. Last week, while casually browsing the net, stumbled upon a pair of the V model alloys and immediately called up the contact and closed the deal at a very decent price. Now, I am waiting for the weekend to get the steel rimmed spare out of the trunk and plonk the alloy wheel in there.
Hi rr_zen,

I have just bought a pre owned 2010 Civic V MT (36K kms). Even I face the same jerk in first gear below 10kmph. When there is no Accelerator input given, the car just stalls. Has your issue been resolved?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks