Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 12:46   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post

I'm surprised there's no seat belt reminder warning in the car. It's a must on cars equipped with airbags.
I drive a cedia and there is no seat belt warning in that too. I dont think its a must. Not sure about the newer cars.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:53   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I drive a cedia and there is no seat belt warning in that too. I dont think its a must. Not sure about the newer cars.
the irritating warning chime on the Civic is one of the reason I started wearing them. I think you need something like that until wearing them becomes a habit.
Old 6th April 2010, 13:09   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Since 2006, in Camry this audio warning comes for both driver and passengers and it goes on for a good five minutes before it mutes. Irritates so much, driver almost shouts at the passenger to 'puttondat goddaamnbelttt'.
Old 6th April 2010, 13:15   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Since 2006, in Camry this audio warning comes for both driver and passengers and it goes on for a good five minutes before it mutes. Irritates so much, driver almost shouts at the passenger to 'puttondat goddaamnbelttt'.
In the Civic, I think it goes off after you cross a certain speed, but comes back on as soon as you slow down. It works only for the driver though.
Old 8th April 2010, 09:19   #215
BHPian

Booked first service at Kairali Ford for tomorrow. 2500 kms didn't take much time. I''ll be getting the fog lamps and the USB cable fixed if they are in stock. I hope the cable will also charge the iPod.

I did over 200 kms yesterday, half of which was on the highway. The car loves winding roads. I'm not very comfortable at speeds above 120 kmph though. It could be the light steering, the engine noise or the seating position. On stretches where the Civic will happily hold on to 140kmph, the Figo felt a bit nervous at 120. However when it came to overtaking in heavy oncoming traffic, the Figo is a lot more nimble. The brakes are excellent too. On the highway, the ABS didn't come on even once, even under hard braking. Maybe it's got more to do with the Michelins than the suspension/brakes. I feel it's a lot easier to 'test' ABS on the Civic than in the Figo.

Read in this month's Autocar mag that Ford have made the brake pads, horn etc more durable in the Figo. So the brake pads should last longer than the Fiesta's. The pads on my Civic lasts for around 30k kms. Let's wait and see how long the ones on the Figo last.
Old 8th April 2010, 09:29   #216
BANNED

Quote:
Booked first service at Kairali Ford for tomorrow. 2500 kms didn't take much time. I''ll be getting the fog lamps and the USB cable fixed if they are in stock. I hope the cable will also charge the iPod.

I did over 200 kms yesterday, half of which was on the highway. The car loves winding roads. I'm not very comfortable at speeds above 120 kmph though. It could be the light steering, the engine noise or the seating position. On stretches where the Civic will happily hold on to 140kmph, the Figo felt a bit nervous at 120. However when it came to overtaking in heavy oncoming traffic, the Figo is a lot more nimble. The brakes are excellent too. On the highway, the ABS didn't come on even once, even under hard braking. Maybe it's got more to do with the Michelins than the suspension/brakes. I feel it's a lot easier to 'test' ABS on the Civic than in the Figo.

Read in this month's Autocar mag that Ford have made the brake pads, horn etc more durable in the Figo. So the brake pads should last longer than the Fiesta's. The pads on my Civic lasts for around 30k kms. Let's wait and see how long the ones on the Figo last.

Please post pics of fog light and usb soon as you get it.
Old 8th April 2010, 09:44   #217
BHPian

@mkerala Yes will do that ASAP. Any luck with your squeeze?
Old 8th April 2010, 10:14   #218
Senior - BHPian

Thats some fast running jeo I have just done 1500km. Keep us posted on the fog lamps and cable.

Please check out what all they remove in order to fit the fog lamps. Yesterday i saw one in tvm without bumpers. Was a bit scary to see a new car like that. But i guess we dont have a choice. Hope they fit it back perfectly aligned as it is now.
Old 8th April 2010, 10:29   #219
BHPian

@gemi my Civic's taking a much needed break. I saw the doggie Bar pic in your thread. yes, it is a little scary. Why do they have to remove the bumper to fix the fogs? I thought it's accessible from the bottom.
So I guess fogs are in stock atleast in Trivandrum. I'll be there dayafter so if it's not available here, I'll get it there.
I did some driving in heavy rain at night. That's the only time I felt the need of the fog lamps. If only both the low and high beams worked together like in the sedans. With the single bulb, it's not an option.
Old 8th April 2010, 12:15   #220
Senior - BHPian

@joethomasv, the alloys and tyres look very good! how much did the whole upgrade (allloys + tyres) cost you and how much did you get for the stock ones?
Old 8th April 2010, 12:50   #221
BHPian

@Raju Thanks. I got 2k each for the OE tyres/disc/caps. Paid a balance of 34500, that includes 6500 for the sun control films. So the upgrade cost around 36k. They didn't have 185/65 tyres in stock which were around 1000 cheaper.
Old 8th April 2010, 13:29   #222
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@joe - thats really a big coverage
-Any idea on FE only on highway at your speed.
-how is the car's performance at between 90-120kph.
Old 8th April 2010, 14:07   #223
BHPian

Quote:
I did some driving in heavy rain at night. That's the only time I felt the need of the fog lamps. If only both the low and high beams worked together like in the sedans. With the single bulb, it's not an option.
Does the Figo have only bright headlight position? Do you have an option to put it in dim?
Old 8th April 2010, 14:15   #224
BHPian

Here's few more pictures. The mirrors fold both ways, but not fully. Also there's a gap between the door and the B pillar on both the front and rear doors. Signs of cost cutting? The other two pics are from the Alto and the Civic, for comparison. Considering the size difference between the window sill/panels of the three cars, the gap is quite huge.

Also the car don't seem to have any audible warning if the car door is opened forcibly. In the civic, if you remote lock the door and if it's opened manually( even from the inside), the horn starts off. No such warning in the Figo's system.

@RGK I haven't checked the mileage on the highway. I'll try to get a number day after on my drive to Trivandrum.

The car performs very well upto 110-120kmph. The handling and braking are excellent.It's only when I tried to take it above 120 that I felt a little uncomfortable.

@e-biz There's a dim. Just pull the lever until you hear a click and then leave it. Pulling it again will switch to bright.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : Initial ownership report-doorgap.jpg  

Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : Initial ownership report-mirror.jpg  

Last edited by joethomasv : 8th April 2010 at 14:31.
Old 8th April 2010, 14:34   #225
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@Joe - You proved again that not only Figo, but also Nikon works very well in your hands.
In fiesta when the headlights are on, the dim is constant throughout - Just the long beam is off during dim and it is ON during bright (the dim is not at all disturbed).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks