Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2010, 07:22   #76
BANNED

Joe, what did you do with the old OEM tyres? Did you changed the Stephine to alloys?

Also what is the mileage you are getting?

Last edited by mkerala : 21st March 2010 at 07:27.
Old 21st March 2010, 08:51   #77
BHPian

Joe, Congrats for being the first BHPian to own a Figo ! Eagerly waiting for your posts and loads of pics. Hope the "wiper testing" is not happening again and again for you :-)
While doing TD, I was being extra conscious of this and had to really "think" of whether I should flip up or down for a turn. I am getting so impatient for my red hot Titanium TDCi, the dealer still promises of delivery before this month end.
Old 21st March 2010, 09:35   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Congrats on the car joethomas. Car looks brilliant in white.

Your pics were absolutely fantastic.

From all the pics one of them was very interesting, the one of the steering column.

The gaping hole in the middle of the plastic cover is for the steering rake adjust. They have removed the feature but are using the same plastic shroud.

Pretty disappointing when the provision is there in the steering column as well as the plastic moulding has it.

Don't know why they still removed it. Atleast Titanium and ZXi should have had it.
Yes you are right. They could've atleast moved the bonnet release there, like in the Ikon. I tried driving the car with the seat at the lowest and highest position but I didn't find the need to lower the steering column. Maybe because even at the lowest setting, the driver seat is still quite high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Man alive, superb pictures worth a million bucks apiece. You should send them to Ford and they should immediately be incorporated into the next Ford Figo brochure. Do consider professional photography after your day ends as a mechanical engineer.

Melvyn
Thanks for the kind words! I'm sure there are tons of infinitely more talented people out there. The difference is that the Figo is in my garage, not their's My days as a mechanical engineer is already over. I'm a planter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
Congrats mate for the new ride.

Figo in white looks so good,also earlier when i saw the pic of the red interior i was like ,but now after going through those pic you have uploaded i have started liking it .

Drive safe
Thanks! The red interior looks better in the photos.Like my brother in law suggested, when I get tired of the red dash, maybe a black shoe shine will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsantho3 View Post
Superb Pics. Hat's off
It is far better than the pictures in ford site
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
<<<Thanks nairrk. There's a coolant high temperature warning lamp.>>.

Due to absence of temp gauge, how to know about the warmup/base engine temperature esp when the car is started in winter climate.
RGK, maybe the diesel clatter is the only way to tell. Start driving when it dies down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Joe, what did you do with the old OEM tyres? Did you changed the Stephine to alloys?

Also what is the mileage you are getting?
I got the tyres exchanged, got 2000Rs per piece. I left the spare as it is. Didn't change the tyre either.
Old 21st March 2010, 10:37   #79
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new baby! looks awesome in white. Nice selection of alloys too.
Old 21st March 2010, 11:58   #80
BHPian

The brakes are a bit on the hard site. A little under servoed I guess. The horn is a bit hard too. I don't know why the airbag will make the horn switch harder to operate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Joe, Congrats for being the first BHPian to own a Figo ! Eagerly waiting for your posts and loads of pics. Hope the "wiper testing" is not happening again and again for you.
I am getting so impatient for my red hot Titanium TDCi, the dealer still promises of delivery before this month end.
Thanks! Yes I got used to it pretty fast. No more wiper testing. Red Figo is very hot!! It's worth the wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Congrats on your new baby! looks awesome in white. Nice selection of alloys too.
Thanks Latheesh.

Last edited by joethomasv : 21st March 2010 at 12:09.
Old 21st March 2010, 12:04   #81
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
<<<Thanks nairrk. There's a coolant high temperature warning lamp.>>.

Due to absence of temp gauge, how to know about the warmup/base engine temperature esp when the car is started in winter climate.
Well, idle the engine for a minute; then start driving, but avoid racing the engine, till the engine noise becomes smoother. You get it with experience. I rarely look at the temp gauge, even though Fiesta has one.
Old 21st March 2010, 12:10   #82
BHPian

Joe, now that you have done about 500 + KM, any feeling of 2nd gear being a little sluggish ? I have been asking this to all those who did TD as I felt it. Nobody on this forum has 500 KM experience on Figo, so you could tell us better !
Old 21st March 2010, 21:11   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Joe, now that you have done about 500 + KM, any feeling of 2nd gear being a little sluggish ? I have been asking this to all those who did TD as I felt it. Nobody on this forum has 500 KM experience on Figo, so you could tell us better !
I had some problem with the 2nd gear initially. Then I realized I was shifting way too early. I was trying to drive the car in 2nd, below 1000 rpm! if it was the Skoda Laura, it would've stalled the engine but the Ford chugged along leisurely.
Old 21st March 2010, 21:28   #84
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!

Red dash looks good when seen from outside ie frontal view.

Inside, it does not gel with the cheap silver finish on the console. Try to get a piano black finish done on it.
Old 21st March 2010, 23:23   #85
Team-BHP Support

The car looks awesome,really handsome, not some thing fragile,

if i buy a diesel car in under 5.5, this will be it, in white
Old 21st March 2010, 23:44   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

@joe - ideal shift point is 1750-2000rpm for FE and around 3000rpm for spirited drives.
Old 22nd March 2010, 00:25   #87
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Well, idle the engine for a minute; then start driving, but avoid racing the engine, till the engine noise becomes smoother. You get it with experience. I rarely look at the temp gauge, even though Fiesta has one.
Bit surprised. Need to look at the dash once in 5 to 10 min atleast eventhough lot of warnings/alerts are in place electronically in latest cars. In case if radiator fan or thermostat fails then it may end up in temperature increase which may cause damage to your engine.
Old 22nd March 2010, 07:02   #88
Team-BHP Support

Interiors spaces and cabin styling looks almost like a Fusion.
Real VFM. Congrats and enjoy the drive.
Old 22nd March 2010, 13:11   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
Also the hinge of the rear hatch is missing a rivet.

Joe, Can you please post a pic of this ?

Thanks
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:04   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
I had some problem with the 2nd gear initially. Then I realized I was shifting way too early. I was trying to drive the car in 2nd, below 1000 rpm! if it was the Skoda Laura, it would've stalled the engine but the Ford chugged along leisurely.
Thanks for the tip, Joe ! May be I was doing the same mistake of shifting very early while doing TD. I don't have much experience on Diesel, now I will have to learn the art of driving a Deisel car and get the best out of it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks