Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 14:25   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Hey VNK77, i also bought a new ANHC V-MT.During Running in I am getting 11.8 kmpl, although mine is the manual version.
How is the traffic situation in Faridabad? I think it can't be as bad as the Bangalore city traffic? The roads here are full of speed breakers traffic signals, autowallas and two wheeler criss-crossing forcing you to apply break every now and then.
Old 5th April 2010, 14:58   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnk77 View Post
How is the traffic situation in Faridabad? I think it can't be as bad as the Bangalore city traffic? The roads here are full of speed breakers traffic signals, autowallas and two wheeler criss-crossing forcing you to apply break every now and then.
Ya sure it cannot be bad as bangalore. My friend ANHC AT in Hyderabad gets above 12kmpl daily upto 14 kmpl on weekends. Where as i get from 9 kmpl to 10 kmpl in bangalore. His same car when he comes to bangalore gives 9-10 kmpl.
Old 5th April 2010, 15:06   #48
Senior - BHPian

Congrats mate. Beautiful car & beautiful color.
I must appreciate your camera angles & closeups. The exteriors pics, especially of headlight & tailight & full car profiles are awesome. The interior pics are more better. I usually liked the closeops of seat & material. Awesome.
And as they say with more power comes more responsibilities. Drive safe.
Rabb Rakha.
Old 5th April 2010, 15:19   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnk77 View Post
Yeah its not as bad, but some stretches like Delhi Faridabad border which i cross daily leave me stuck up for 20-30 mins daily.
Still i expect your FE to be in the range of 10-11 Kmpl in the city.
Old 5th April 2010, 15:33   #50
BHPian

hi Vnk77,

Got to read your post now. Had missed it. Congrats on your new VMT. Great colour too. Welcome to the Bangalore ANHC club.

Keep posting.
Old 5th April 2010, 15:59   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Rs. 11.7 Lakhs
.wow.Too expensive.
Old 5th April 2010, 19:49   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Congrats mate. Beautiful car & beautiful color.
I must appreciate your camera angles & closeups. The exteriors pics, especially of headlight & tailight & full car profiles are awesome. The interior pics are more better. I usually liked the closeops of seat & material. Awesome.
And as they say with more power comes more responsibilities. Drive safe.
Rabb Rakha.
Ariesonu, Thanks for you complement. I think headlight, tail light and the front grills are the things that makes this car very attractive. About interior pics , since the car was parked outside you can see shadow on some part of the seats and direct sunlight falling on the rest. I tried different angles to eliminate that and get uniform lighting as much as possible.

And yes after driving Wagon-R this car does feel very very powerful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
hi Vnk77,

Got to read your post now. Had missed it. Congrats on your new VMT. Great colour too. Welcome to the Bangalore ANHC club.

Keep posting.
Thanks Nandan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
.wow.Too expensive.
Yes, and as mentioned earlier way too beyond my original budget..but after TD couldn't stop buying this.
Old 5th April 2010, 20:07   #53
Senior - BHPian

Hi VNK

I have a friend with same initials as yours (VNK), He lives in Gujrat, this thread attracted me because of the initials.

Congratulations on your VMT. Kee posting your experiences.

Drive Safe, Have Fun.

Old 5th April 2010, 20:15   #54
BHPian

Congrats vnk77
Nice car, Nice leather seats.
After going through the thread i found something common with us, I also booked swift but end up buying a NHC VTEC Plus later ( 6 lk on road to 10.25lk On road).

Last edited by vvvinod : 5th April 2010 at 20:16.
Old 5th April 2010, 22:49   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi VNK

I have a friend with same initials as yours (VNK), He lives in Gujrat, this thread attracted me because of the initials.

Congratulations on your VMT. Kee posting your experiences.

Drive Safe, Have Fun.

Thanks. I enjoy reading your thread. The initial FE of 13kmpl that you got in your ANHC is unbelievable and makes me envious. Was that just City drive or mixed with Highway drive? I manage to get just above 8-8.5kmpls in city drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvinod View Post
Congrats vnk77
Nice car, Nice leather seats.
After going through the thread i found something common with us, I also booked swift but end up buying a NHC VTEC Plus later ( 6 lk on road to 10.25lk On road).
As they say, great mind think alike
Old 6th April 2010, 08:49   #56
BHPian

Hello vnk77
Incidentally, I got the same color of leather seats called "Desert Beige" from Stanley. I feel the leather seats are not much of a fuss and I personally find them easier to maintain. All I do is, once in 15 days I use a soft towel soaked in bathing soap water (since it is mild detergent) and wipe it. I have posted some pics (pics are taken from mobile cam - not so great quality)
Attached Thumbnails
All mine, All New Honda City!-image0066.jpg  

All mine, All New Honda City!-image0067.jpg  

All mine, All New Honda City!-image0068.jpg  

All mine, All New Honda City!-image0069.jpg  

Old 6th April 2010, 11:14   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Hello vnk77
Incidentally, I got the same color of leather seats called "Desert Beige" from Stanley. I feel the leather seats are not much of a fuss and I personally find them easier to maintain. All I do is, once in 15 days I use a soft towel soaked in bathing soap water (since it is mild detergent) and wipe it. I have posted some pics (pics are taken from mobile cam - not so great quality)
Jayanth, for a while I was wondering why did you post my car's interior pics once again . You are right the color of the leather seats in you car is exactly similar to mine.

Do you have kid(s)? I have started to educate my daughter about keeping the seats clean, no shoes/chappals while sitting in side car, no standing on the seats etc etc. I hope its all going in to her head.

By the way how much did you pay for the Stanley work?
Old 6th April 2010, 11:21   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Jayanth, for a while I was wondering why did you post my car's interior pics once again . You are right the color of the leather seats in you car is exactly similar to mine.

Do you have kid(s)? I have started to educate my daughter about keeping the seats clean, no shoes/chappals while sitting in side car, no standing on the seats etc etc. I hope its all going in to her head.

By the way how much did you pay for the Stanley work?
Oh. yea the interior seems to be identical so is the exterior, coz mine is also Bold Beige.
I have a 2 year old troublesome son, and I have taught him some in-car manners mainly, to be seat belted and to remove the slippers. He seems to be following them coz he gets rewarded for following. So far so good.

I paid 29k for stanley
Old 7th April 2010, 00:04   #59
BHPian

700 KM update.

I finished 700KM with the car. As mentioned earlier got the leather seat covers done.

I have also got used to parking it in the limited parking space available at my home. Its not as difficult as I had imagined it to be. My main concerns were negotiating in some of the narrow lanes that I usually visit. Doesn't seem to be a problem at all.

The reverse parking sensor are a great help. It starts yelling "Stop stop" as soon as it senses an obstruction with is less than .6mts away. Gives a fairly accurate distances.

The lumbar support of the driver seat is a little higher for my back. So sometimes it gets a little uncomfortable. I am planning to get a thin cotton pillow so that my back aligns correctly with the contours of the back rest.

The cabin is almost noise less. I don't have to increase the volulme of the music system to more than 8 or 9. And some time while waiting in the traffic signal I just forget if the engine is on or off.

The steering mounted controls are extremely convenient. When using the USB pen drive, the music player does not recognize play lists. I dont know why this feature is missed. After all it requires is just a little more software at almost no extra cost. I have to buy an IPOD just for this purpose.

My biggest and only concern here is the FE. I am just getting 8-8.5kmpl on between each tank full to tank full. Some member here say that the numbers are all right for Bangalore traffic. I am just hoping that it improves to at least 10.10.5kmpl after two services. I try to drive as smoothly as possible. When I accelarate from stand still or dead slow the FE indicator shows 2 segments. In traffic when I slow down and accelerate again it shows 4 segments. On constant speed on a flat road it shows about 15kmpls. When I try to keep the speed constant on a slight upward gradient the FE indicator show about 3-4 segments. I usually remove my leg from the accelerator when going down a gradient, the FE indicator shows max FE during such times.

I am not sure if there is something with my driving style.

Apart from this absolutely no concerns. The AT seems to be a boon. In my old wagonR are I used to get frustrated and irritated in B2B traffic. Now I have peace of mind.

And yes another observation. At times when I shift from "R" mode to "D" mode before the car has come to complete stand still, I hear a "tuck" sort of noise from under chassis. Not sure what is that. But I avoid doing that.

Last edited by vnk77 : 7th April 2010 at 00:07.
Old 7th April 2010, 08:31   #60
BHPian

Quote:
My biggest and only concern here is the FE. I am just getting 8-8.5kmpl on between each tank full to tank full. Some member here say that the numbers are all right for Bangalore traffic. I am just hoping that it improves to at least 10.10.5kmpl after two services. I try to drive as smoothly as possible. When I accelarate from stand still or dead slow the FE indicator shows 2 segments. In traffic when I slow down and accelerate again it shows 4 segments. On constant speed on a flat road it shows about 15kmpls. When I try to keep the speed constant on a slight upward gradient the FE indicator show about 3-4 segments. I usually remove my leg from the accelerator when going down a gradient, the FE indicator shows max FE during such times.
Not to worry about the FE figures for now. You will soon get used to the fuel efficient driving style with the help from FE guage. There is a tendency to keep looking at the FE guage initially and can be a distraction, be wary of what is ahead on the road as well. I have experienced this myself. Now am used to it and I don't even look at the FE guage and have managed to get about 12-13.5 in Bangalore traffic. As all memmbers have found out, there is a correction of ~1.4 KMPL needs to be discounted from the actual.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks