Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 21:00   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Its easily shifts to 1st gear during hairpin bends, no problem with it also. I feel your issue is something to do with driving style.
I think I seriously need to get my driving style reviewed by some expert.
The FE for the 700KM trip was showing to be 10.6kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
shamanth, vnk,

Kalyan,

My dealer is of the same opinion, when i asked him what does E10 sticker on the car mean. He explained a lot about e10 and how the fuel works too. It was quite interesting though.

VNK77,

your observation of Swifts driving rash is absolutely right, i second you on this. Few guys driving Swifts in Bangalore have lost nuts in their head, especially guys driving the diesel variants. I just let them pass by.These guys are disgusting and are a nuisance on the road.
E10, I think refers to 10% Ethanol that can be blended with the petrol. But is that related to Euro IV norms?

Swift I think has got very good low end torque and that's what makes the driver to just zoom.
Old 21st April 2010, 09:47   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnk77 View Post

E10, I think refers to 10% Ethanol that can be blended with the petrol. But is that related to Euro IV norms?

Swift I think has got very good low end torque and that's what makes the driver to just zoom.
10.6 kmpl on long drive, something really wrong here. I never get less than 14 kmpl even in tougher roads on long drive. Around 10 kmpl is what i get inside Bangalore. Please get it checked, ANHC Automatic don't give such less mileage
Old 21st April 2010, 09:51   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Hi VNK,

There's a marginal error from the trip reading and the actual FE, actual FE would be lower than the one displayed.

I feel it's very much on the lower side on highway drives, get it checked.

As far as my observation goes, ANHC FE is mostly dependent on driving skills.

Last edited by raghu230506 : 21st April 2010 at 09:55.
Old 21st April 2010, 09:59   #94
BHPian

Quote:
The FE for the 700KM trip was showing to be 10.6 kmpl.
IMHO, this is at-least 4 kmpl lesser than what one would normally expect.

Quote:
Doesn't look like E10 has anything to do with Euro-IV emission norms(European emission standards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).
Old 21st April 2010, 10:20   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Doesn't look like E10 has anything to do with Euro-IV emission norms(European emission standards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).
I understand the dealers convice the customers that ANHC is already compliant with Euro-IV norms, do we have a documented proof? I was reading an article the other day in zigwheels and they had listed all the cars that do not comply with Euro-IV norms, unfortunately can't find the link anymore.
Old 21st April 2010, 10:44   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
I understand the dealers convice the customers that ANHC is already compliant with Euro-IV norms, do we have a documented proof? I was reading an article the other day in zigwheels and they had listed all the cars that do not comply with Euro-IV norms, unfortunately can't find the link anymore.
I remember reading it in the site and could manage to get the link, it says it's Euro-IV compliant

Source:

Honda Car India : Press Releases

Snippet:

The Honda City comes equipped with a 1.5L, 4 cylinder new generation i-VTEC engine that delivers class leading power of 118PS. In line with the Honda’s policy of reducing impact on the environment the engine is E10 compliant and has Euro IV emission levels.
Old 21st April 2010, 11:03   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hi VNK,

There's a marginal error from the trip reading and the actual FE, actual FE would be lower than the one displayed.

I feel it's very much on the lower side on highway drives, get it checked.

As far as my observation goes, ANHC FE is mostly dependent on driving skills.
Yes, that is why I am seriously thinking of getting my driving style evaluated from some one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
10.6 kmpl on long drive, something really wrong here. I never get less than 14 kmpl even in tougher roads on long drive. Around 10 kmpl is what i get inside Bangalore. Please get it checked, ANHC Automatic don't give such less mileage
As I have mentioned earlier, with in city I get about 8-8.4kmpl, which again I think is pretty less even during running in period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
I remember reading it in the site and could manage to get the link, it says it's Euro-IV compliant

Source:

Honda Car India : Press Releases

Snippet:

The Honda City comes equipped with a 1.5L, 4 cylinder new generation i-VTEC engine that delivers class leading power of 118PS. In line with the Honda’s policy of reducing impact on the environment the engine is E10 compliant and has Euro IV emission levels.
Even I got it clarified from some TBhpians before buying.
Old 21st April 2010, 11:07   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
I understand the dealers convice the customers that ANHC is already compliant with Euro-IV norms, do we have a documented proof?
Well, I totally agree with you that the dealers could convince anything. And of-course, the only documented proof we have suggests that our cars are BS-III compliant.

Why I am convinced(or have a hunch) that our ANHC's are Euro-IV or BS-IV ready* (if not already compliant) is that starting April 1st, 2010, Honda Siel Cars India(HSCI) is supposed to sell only BS-IV compliant cars in NCR(Delhi) + 11 cities including Bangalore and Hyderabad.

If they had to make changes in the engine/ exhaust system to meet these new norms, there would definitely be a marginal price increase which I have not personally observed. Neither do I see any change in the engine or other specifications given by HSCI for ANHC (:: Honda City ::) so it makes me believe that there is no difference in our cars and the new ones except for the fact that the new ones come with certified compliance towards BS-IV norms.

If you visit the Maruti Suzuki Swift website(Maruti Swift), you will see that they had to put the 1.2 l K series engine in the Swift for it to comply to BS-IV norms and in the price-list they have distinctly displayed BS-III and BS-IV prices for the same car.

* - By ready, I mean there could be minor changes; perhaps to get a new exhaust filter kit or something similar installed as suggested in this post(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1846486) to make our cars BS-IV compliant.
Old 21st April 2010, 17:24   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:

Boys,

my dealer didnt say that E10 relates to euro IV, he just told me that the car is already Euro IV, when i asked him about e10.

Shamanth,

I see that you have an FZ S , tell me how you like the vehicle. Its been in my mind to pick this 2 wheeler for sometime now. I just go nuts seeing the bike. Would you suggest this bike. Please do PM me.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 21st April 2010 at 17:27.
Old 21st April 2010, 19:48   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Boys,

my dealer didnt say that E10 relates to euro IV, he just told me that the car is already Euro IV, when i asked him about e10.
Absolutely, Nandan. My comment was not in response to what you said.

I was of the opinion that the new fuel required for BS-IV compliant cars would be E10 and I assumed that since ANHC is E10 compliant, it meant that it is BS-IV ready/ compliant too. I was wrong in assuming that E10 had anything to do with BS-IV.

Got my know-how clarified by reading here(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...y-euro-iv.html) and here (Bharat Stage emission standards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).
Old 22nd April 2010, 12:43   #101
BHPian

Quote:

If they had to make changes in the engine/ exhaust system to meet these new norms, there would definitely be a marginal price increase which I have not personally observed.
Honda has increased City Prices by around INR 4500/- from 1st April.

I am not sure for waht the price increase was, as the engine was already Euro-IV / BS -IV complaint.
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:32   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post

I am not sure for what the price increase was, as the engine was already Euro-IV / BS -IV complaint.
The price raise is not because of Euro-IV compliance. Honda increases the price of the cars every year around April-May.
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:33   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post

I am not sure for waht the price increase was, as the engine was already Euro-IV / BS -IV complaint.
Not sure but price rise could also be a side-effect of tax/ excise duty/ other duties rising either directly for cars or raw materials required for car manufacturing as part of the Indian budget 2010-11, most of which gets implemented starting April 1st, 2010.
Old 21st June 2010, 18:16   #104
BHPian

5000KM update.

The odo is reading 5200KMs now. I got the second service done last week. No major complaints except for Tyre pressure. I got the tires filled with Nitrogen about couple of months ago. After about two weeks to me it looked as if the front tires are a bit more flat than what it was when the nitrogen was filled. I went to the shop where I got the N2 filled and found that the tyre pressure was about 27, where as I had initially set it to 32. Got it checked for any puncture but nothing was seen. I got it topped up again and checked the pressure after 2 more weeks, and again this time there was reduction in pressure of about 4-5 units. I Asked the service assistant to check for any Tyre problems during the second service but again he said it was all ok. Now I am considering changing the place where I get nitrogen filled up.

Apart from this I have no other problems. I now get better mileage out of the car, its mostly 9.5 to 10 kmpl in moderate traffic condition. But if I get stuck in traffic jams for 2 days in a week the FE drops to 8.5-9.0, which I guess is ok.

After second service the engine seems even smoother. I got the under chassis coating done at the cost of Rs. 4500. Got engine oil changed, preferred mineral oil this time. Total bill was bout Rs. 5700 include taxes.

Just before the service I touched the 7Krmp redline twice on the NICE road, it was fun. I could do that on empty city roads with lower gears, but then if there is speed associated with that revving sound its a much better feeling .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks