Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 17:10   #1
BHPian

After being confused over which car to go for out of Beat LT/Figo Zxi/punto active/Polo trendline/i 10 sportz/Swift base model(didnt consider ritz),Finally me and wifey are now owners of the Chevrolet Beat.Got the RED LT model.wanted to go for LT(O),but backed off because of the long waiting period.Will start off with the dealer experience.
DEALER- Went for test drives of most cars and the top 3 dealers most helpful and responsive were Fiat/GM/Ford(in that order).But let's just talk about GM.Our dealer was SUPER CARS nagpur.had a great test drive experience as they let me really test the car by driving it fast,on bad roads,also braking and all without any fuss.Booked the beat on the 3rd of march.Was given a waiting period of 1 month,But got the delivery on RAM NAWMI(24th march).

The overall experience has been very very satisfying and i would recommend nagpurians to specfically ask for Miss Megha when they go for a test ride.You'll thank us for the tip coz she's the best representetive we came across thru all car dealerships.really helpful.because of her we got our car early.

Was given a spic and span car.The dealer arranged for all the 'Pooja' etc(all dealers do that i guess).went through a hassle free RTO process because of their contacts,and the best part,they even got me dropped back(the dealership is 20-25 kms from my home) in their A/C tavera(such a relief in nagpur heat) when i left the car for RTO process.
that concludes my dealer review.car review coming up...

Thanks to all for the response.Forgot to write that i got 10 Litres of petrol with the car.Also that the nice service centre guys got the car interiors and all cleaned up when i left the car for RTO work 2-3 days after delivery.
freebies with the car - mudflaps
matting (still pending as they were out of stock)
keychain
teflon coating(Thanks to Megha)
chevy teddy

Sorry for the delay guys.just saw a great review of the green beat.i guess some ppl have a knack of writing great reviews.i'll never be able to write that good,but will surely share my experience the best i can.

Design and Looks--The beat is a head turner for sure.At least in nagpur i got so many admiring looks and head turns to look at the car that i feel half of my "paisa vasooled" already.LT with roof rails is anyday a much better looker than lower versions.the tyres maybe skinny for some,But i'm quite ok with them.In fact i dont even feel the need to upgrade to alloys soon as the normal rims have been designed really nicely.The exteriors are beautiful as you all know,but the interiors also are very well thought of.Plenty of spaces to store stuff.i just wonder whether the fingerprint magnet black finish will turn out to be a scratch magnet too?I dont want to take the risk so taking extra care.The under seat tray below front passenger seat is thoughtful.There's lots of leg space both in front and back.the audio system is really well integrated in the dash...Kudos to the design team.About the Speedo etc i agree with all others that the tacho should've been manual and the speedometre digital.Otherwise a very neat and simple setup,which you'll get used to within the first few miles of driving.Just miss a distance to empty and fuel consumption display.The blue backlit display looks amazing at night and seem to be of higher end cars.Few of my friends even commented it feels like a more expensive car from inside.The rear is not as claustrophobic as people have made it out to be.The boot space is the only thing i'd like to change in the car.It's miniscule.couldn't even keep two normal sized strolleys in it comfortably.had to really adjust them in.But i guess thats why they gave the split seats.

On the road (ONLY CITY DRIVING)-- Trust me,you'll become a fan of the car the minute you start it.the engine is super silent.2 of my friends recranked it thinking it's not started yet.There are no vibrations,no sound from the engine.on the road also same holds true(at least in city-around 60-70 kmph)The car is super silent with no noise or vibrations creeping in.trying to maintain sanity in the run in period,will rip it after 1500 kms are done.completed 970 kms till now.There is a lack of power i feel,but could it be because i'd been driving "power and pickup king" maruti esteem for the past few years?The car just feels out of horses in the second gear,Specially with the AC on.Our i20(I'm a joint family man) doesnt feel so "out of grunt".Will try a drag someday with my brother in his i20.Somehow 1st and 3rd gears are better.In the city,3rd and 4th gear drivability is very comforting as i dont have to downshift again and again.It picks up smoothly in 4th as well as 3rd gear.The gear lever and knob also didnt feel of awkward shape as in GTO's review.seems just fine to me.The gear shifts are smooth and precise.The foot well is comfortable,and i haven't yet missed the dead pedal.My left knee keeps brushing the central console which gets quite uncomfortable when driving for long.
Now the ride quality. The car feels comfortable on most roads,But the rear shocker noise which has been discussed in the test drive thread is really quite a lot.I hope they put extra dampeners or something in my 1000 kms checkup.The steering control felt very precise and the car is very stable on turns and corners.No skidding or loss of control yet,But that may come at higher speeds.The rear doesnt jump around and the ride is not bouncy which i felt was the case in the i10.better rubbers might improve the ride quality even more,But i have no plans of upgrade as of now.Once or twice,in Large potholes i heard a loud booming noise from front left wheel,i hope it's nothing serious.The turning radius of the car is also great and it is very easy to maneouvre it around once you get to know how far your car's bonnet goes in front.That comes with experience.Short drivers,better get a cushion to sit on.i'm 5'10" so didn't face much problems.
The front seats are very comfortable and i'm pretty happy with resting place for my right hand on the right door cubbyhole space.I do get tired once in a while and need a resting place for the right elbow....Is that wrong or dangerous?haven't travelled for long in the rear seat,but my parents were very happy with the comfort.they just felt a few more storage spaces in the back would have been handy.
Overall a happy happy experience for us.
What's missing?? Yes,ACC review..will post it next time.Do remind me if i've forgot to write about anything else.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat LT Red ownership thread-dsc00919.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat LT Red ownership thread-dsc00920.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat LT Red ownership thread-dsc00921.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat LT Red ownership thread-dsc00922.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat LT Red ownership thread-dsc00923.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat LT Red ownership thread-image_026.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat LT Red ownership thread-image_027.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat LT Red ownership thread-image_028.jpg  

Last edited by Dippy : 14th April 2010 at 15:22. Reason: Merging your review
Old 9th April 2010, 17:23   #2
BHPian

Great !! Let me the first to congratulate you !! Happy motoring
Old 9th April 2010, 18:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

No COngrats till you post some pics of the beauty
Old 9th April 2010, 18:27   #4
BHPian

Congrats akshat! Welcome to the forums. Please post some pics of the lady in red :-)
Old 9th April 2010, 18:41   #5
BHPian

Congrats, akshatverma, on your new purchase. Along with your review and pics of the BEAT, could you please share with us your experience with other cars you test drove.
Old 9th April 2010, 18:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

congrats dude.where are mandatory pics Is it your first car?
Could you please advice why FIAT/FORD were dropped out ?
Old 9th April 2010, 19:49   #7
BHPian

Congrats akshat. That was a nice teaser. Waiting anxiously for the Beat story supplemented by some snaps of the car.
BTW, Welcome to the forum.
Old 9th April 2010, 20:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! The Beat looks best in red. It would be better if you got the LT(O) cuz you get more goodies like airbags and ABS for few grands more. Nevertheless, great car! And do upload pictures quick!
Old 9th April 2010, 21:36   #9
BHPian

Thanks to all of you.Please bear with me for a couple of days.I'm new to forums.have to go through all the rules etc and learning how to post pictures.will try uploading a few tomorrow.review also in a day or two.
Old 9th April 2010, 21:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

Incomplete review without the pics!!!! Unpardonable..

Just kidding mate! Congrats on the Red Beat. Red looks really good on the Beat.

Now hurry up and post the car review with some nice pics of the Red Hot Bea(u)t(y)
Old 9th April 2010, 23:05   #11
BHPian

Congrats mate and welcome to the Beat family!
Old 10th April 2010, 09:12   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congratulation buddy on driving a Red Beauty. I have also booked a car and waiting for the delivery in black color, which is expected in this month end.
Old 11th April 2010, 09:38   #13
BHPian

Congrats akhshat. She sure is a hottie! Also, congrats on getting freebies with your car! Did the dealer give them without much persuasion? Initially, they were very strict on offering NO freebies at all!

Are you planning to put alloys on her?
Old 11th April 2010, 10:18   #14
BHPian

Congrats Verma. Nice car. suprised to hear you got the car before one month waiting period. In chennai, same was promised on March 6, still no clue for Blue Beat. Fortunately they have Green Beat LT in transit. so Opted for that, Hopefully next friday, i'll have a green cocktail party.
Old 13th April 2010, 18:58   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
congrats dude.where are mandatory pics Is it your first car?
Could you please advice why FIAT/FORD were dropped out ?
Hi recshenoy,You might call this my first personal car,But living in a joint family,evry member had key access to all cars.We've had an 800 , MATIZ , esteem and i 20 prior to these.Have driven thousand of kms in them,Except maybe the i20 which is relatively new.
Dropped Fiat as the emotion variant was tempting,but my wife showed me sense and made me realise the importance of good FE.
Ford was something i had lots of trouble dropping as my wife wanted the Ford as it was more spacious.but i finally won as we loved the looks of Beat and i convinced her

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Congrats! The Beat looks best in red. It would be better if you got the LT(O) cuz you get more goodies like airbags and ABS for few grands more. Nevertheless, great car! And do upload pictures quick!
Actually i wanted Black or White...but as said above,Wifey wanted to buy ford figo,So when i'm not buying her choice of car,I bought her choice of colour (sort of what u say "mandwaali' in tapori language).But now even i feel red is grabbing more eyeballs.i wish i sould wait for the LT(O).The waiting period was inexplicably long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Congrats akhshat. She sure is a hottie! Also, congrats on getting freebies with your car! Did the dealer give them without much persuasion? Initially, they were very strict on offering NO freebies at all!

Are you planning to put alloys on her?
Had a great dealer experience as i wrote.All thanks to Megha,I didn't have to persuade the dealer much.I was also asking for car cover,They didnt give me that though.no plans f alloys yet....planning on ICEing though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks