Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2012, 11:44   #241
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
I regularly read yours, Alston lobo, and mi2n updates. Nice to catch u uo very late

Am yet to get Pm facility. so Posted in here.
Congrats on being a member and welcome to the forum!
alstonlobo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2012, 12:14   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
Ha! Thats new to me. This is the first time I'm coming across colour finished headlamps!

Can you please share pics of it?
A how-to guide will also be welcome!

And a BIG Welcome to the forum!

Hi, Thank you.

To color inside the head lights, we need to carefully open up the sealed outer lens of headlight and doom and cover the reflector area with tapes and paint the inner. After paint dries, replace the outer lens with some glue / sealant.

I had painted mine to match the body color. Since we had opened from the inside, we had put a green LED strip. ( I actually wanted white LED s to resemble Audi's DRL, but since we are gonna paint above, my friend said it wont be coming out good. So went for green LEDs.

Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-color-finish.jpg

Bore looking Stock Lights

Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-head-light-org.jpg

Long Shot / Non Filtered

Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-front-full.jpg

Filtered

Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-ni-view.jpg

Close look at night

Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-close-up.jpg

Currently I have disconnected power for green Led Strip.
Changed green park lamp to Blue color 9 Led Diode Park Lamp.
Hence both my angle lamp of my fog projector and Park lamp now glow in blue. Now no more intrusion of green light which was earlier looking a mismatch, Will post the latest picture sooner. And more on my other mods of Fixing spoiler, angel - Projector in fog lamps, Exhaust muffler on my buying experience thread which I am already started to draft.
Old 2nd May 2012, 14:42   #243
BHPian

Another clear shot of color finished headlights.

Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-183623_499643391291_590556291_6724026_7937881_n.jpg

The current avatar

Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-231027_10150183000371292_590556291_7343507_6577026_n.jpg

Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-dscn1537.jpg
Old 2nd May 2012, 20:59   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Another clear shot of color finished headlights.
To be honest the coloured headlamp looked ugly to me at the start mainly because the chrome in the reflector didn't match with the green surrounding it, now its growing on me. Probably If I look at it in the flesh Ill start liking it even more.
Is the green in the headlamp a slightly different shade of green?
Also, why didnt you choose green LED;s for the fogs? And what exactly is the halo in the fog place?
Old 2nd May 2012, 21:12   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
To be honest the coloured headlamp looked ugly to me at the start mainly because the chrome in the reflector didn't match with the green surrounding it, now its growing on me. Probably If I look at it in the flesh Ill start liking it even more.
Is the green in the headlamp a slightly different shade of green?
Also, why didnt you choose green LED;s for the fogs? And what exactly is the halo in the fog place?
There was a very slight difference say 5% in color between body which is metal and inside the light which is plastic when it was new. Now its almost the same.

Regarding Green Leds I first thought It will match the car along with green park, But it did not came out well, I disconnected the same after a week of fixing and changed green park lamp to blue color to match bue angel projector. Damage for fixing Leds was Rs200/-.

In fog i have fixed projector lights. Outside it has a angle ring light and the inside it has a normal fog yellow 35 or 75 watts lamp. ( not sure about the watts)
Old 3rd May 2012, 00:01   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Salbin! I am a great fan for you and your Green bug! I had been introduced and researching team bhp for almost 1.5 years now and very recently got my member ship approved. Your review was one of my reads before choosing my green bug... You have a great car, great passion,knowledge and inside about the mods. I regularly read yours, Alston lobo, and mi2n updates. Nice to catch u uo very late

Am yet to get Pm facility. so Posted in here.
Thanks and welcome to the Beat club
In fact I was away from tbhp for some time and just now realised that my old thread has become alive!!
Nice to see lot of mods in your Beat.
How easy/difficult was the headlamp lens opening?
Was it a DIY?
I am more interested in this because my next mod(?) will be HID with Morimoto bi-xenon projectors, if time permits..
BTW, how is the performance of your projector fogs? Any pic of the light spread?
Since you have opened the headlight and you got a projector assy, any particular reason for not fixing inside the headlamp?
Is it not bi-xenons?
Please give more details with photos if possible..
Old 3rd May 2012, 12:05   #247
BHPian

@All,

Guys, Salbin is blessed with a baby girl recently after a long waiting, So.. I guess we should congratulate him on this first. Sorry mate for publishing it here without your consent but am sure that you will also agree with me that this should be celebrated more than a car mod achievement

Hearty Congrats man.

Quote:
To color inside the head lights, we need to carefully open up the sealed outer lens of headlight and doom and cover the reflector area with tapes and paint the inner. After paint dries, replace the outer lens with some glue / sealant.
Hi, nice mod, I like the paint job on the funky chrome works on the HL fascia. I think this is something unique and a real head turning face lift. Chevy should learn some makeup tips from this.

BTW, while painting why do you need to cover the reflectors with tapes? IIRC, once the glass comes off, HL reflector is already separated, the chrome piece can also be pulled out from the glass? Or you meant to say the turn reflectors? Actually am in the process of putting projectors on HLs and your paint job gave me some spark to subside the over chrome work on the HL assy. I've been planning this mod since I bought my car 2 years back but it never happened due to time limitations and other stupid reasons. Last week I got a spare HL assy from the SVC and that gave me some inspiration to start with. HL glass opening is the real pain than any other installation. How did you manged to open it with hot air blower? It took me more than half an hour to open the spare assy but that gave me an idea how to be gentle when you open the stock HL assy.

Quote:
I had painted mine to match the body color. Since we had opened from the inside, we had put a green LED strip. ( I actually wanted white LED s to resemble Audi's DRL, but since we are gonna paint above, my friend said it wont be coming out good. So went for green LEDs.
Its difficult to match the LED light colours with the body color and more difficult to imitate the Audi DRLs with the puny so called high power LEDs which hardly consumes 1W each whereas the Audi's DRL consumes approx 20W LED cluster on each HL assy IIRC. And its designing and positioning is something very unique: 14 Advanced Power TOPLEDs placed on a flexboard. The required light intensity is controlled by an integrated LED control unit. The result is a punctual light source with an unmistakable contour similar to the appearance of a pearl necklet.

Stylish and Safe: OSRAM LED Daytime Running Light for the Audi A4 -- re> REGENSBURG, Germany, Dec. 13 /PRNewswire/ --

We poor souls can max think of is to go for el cheapo DRLs

Quote:
Exhaust muffler on my buying experience thread which I am already started to draft.
Pls do share the K&N installation pics too as am also after that for a slightly peppy mid range improvement. How much difference in the engine response after the K&N treatment especially the low rpm torque? Sorry am not a tech savvy in this, kindly bear with my jargons if its not appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
How easy/difficult was the headlamp lens opening? Was it a DIY?
Salbin, give me a call, I will give u a detailed account of everything including how to burn the fingers with the blow gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salbin View Post
I am more interested in this because my next mod(?) will be HID with Morimoto bi-xenon projectors, if time permits..
BTW, how is the performance of your projector fogs? Any pic of the light spread?
Since you have opened the headlight and you got a projector assy, any particular reason for not fixing inside the headlamp?
Is it not bi-xenons?
Hey, you forgot the basics man LOL, HL can't be replaced with fog lamps and vice versa. If you keep it in HL height it can blind the whole traffic without any doubt and you can't see a thing as this doesn't have a cutoff pattern nor have a focused long throw like in the HLs. Oh yes, be ready to receive wild greetings from the on coming traffic for such a wonderful lighting system.

Did you got the MM Kit? is it from Light sense guy? I guess your time will be hard pressed for the mods as you will be spending more time with the baby.

BTW, when is the baptism?

Last edited by sajjt : 3rd May 2012 at 12:10.
sajjt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 13:48   #248
BHPian

Quote:
In fact I was away from tbhp for some time and just now realised that my old thread has become alive!!
Was it a DIY?
Is it not bi-xenons?
Hi Salbin!! Nice to have conversation with you.
My friend arunvelraj who is a automobile engineer and passionate towards auto mods has opened up a mod shop in Madurai refer ||-AutoXsculpt-||.
HL work was not my DIY but he did all the mods for me.
He is a crazy guy and practiced to open up head lights. At the start of his career he had broken up many HLs, Pl be cautious while opening so.
Now he perform lots of custom Angel eye projector fitting for bike in my town.
I also wanted to have my rear warning light assembly to be colored up And he says he has already broken beat back lights assembly twice which was very difficult to open up.. and he refused the idea.

He is the one who did this mod too. look out for red color finish HLs
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-asas.jpg..

This image was posted an year ago in this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-jobs-880.html.

if you had noticed all my mods, they so mild that most of the mods did not affect stock getting damaged except for two drill hole for fixing my spoiler. I personally dint like projectors on head. It will make my car more catchy and also its a common mod... I just thought of making a diff try of fixing the same in fog...
Its not xenon HId but a normal projector. I will PM his FB page id.

Last edited by jeganatu : 3rd May 2012 at 13:50.
Old 3rd May 2012, 14:10   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
@All,

Hi, nice mod, I like the paint job on the funky chrome works on the HL fascia. I think this is something unique and a real head turning face lift. Chevy should learn some makeup tips from this.

BTW, while painting why do you need to cover the reflectors with tapes? IIRC, once the glass comes off, HL reflector is already separated, the chrome piece can also be pulled out from the glass? Or you meant to say the turn reflectors? Actually am in the process of putting projectors on HLs and your paint job gave me some spark to subside the over chrome work on the HL assy.

Pls do share the K&N installation pics too as am also after that for a slightly peppy mid range improvement. How much difference in the engine response after the K&N treatment especially the low rpm torque? Sorry am not a tech savvy in this, kindly bear with my jargons if its not appropriate.

Hi sajjt. Thanks.
Normally if reflector pops out taping is not req, Else it will be. Since I was not there while opening up, I was not sure how it will be inside beats HL. If you notice well, my turn reflectors have been painted .

I am yet to fix KN filter. Have a little thought over whether to fix or not. I wanted to change exhaust alone for time being , Now I feel more torqueee. 2 nd Gear and 3rd gear feel more pumpy after just the exhaust change. Now I feel the car moving more freely like how a lubricated bearing would spin ..,. There is absolutely no change in my mileage .

My average city mileage is 12 KMPL. I hardly drive in city very limited run per ride say less than 10 km. Out of 15k km hardly some 3k was driven in city which is 20% of 15k.

My average HW mileage was 14 KMPL with 50% AC speeds 90 to 130 KMPH upto some 6000 in odo ie first service. No oil change.

My average HW mileage was 15.5 KMPL with 50% Ac Speeds 80 to 130 KMPH

My average HW mileage was 13.5 KMPL with 50% Ac Speeds 100 to 140 KMPH odo was 12000

My average HW mileage was 16.5 KMPL with 50% Ac Speeds 80 to 100 KMPH odo was 13500. After fixing my new exhaust.

Finished 15000km First oil change service. Yet to chk mileage.
will keep updated in my 15k ownership review which I am drafting up...
Old 3rd May 2012, 21:44   #250
BHPian

Quote:
@All,
Guys, Salbin is blessed with a baby girl recently after a long waiting, So.. I guess we should congratulate him on this first. Sorry mate for publishing it here without your consent but am sure that you will also agree with me that this should be celebrated more than a car mod achievement
Hearty Congrats man.
Hey.. Thanks for announcing it here.

Quote:
Actually am in the process of putting projectors on HLs and your paint job gave me some spark to subside the over chrome work on the HL assy. I've been planning this mod since I bought my car 2 years back but it never happened due to time limitations and other stupid reasons. Last week I got a spare HL assy from the SVC and that gave me some inspiration to start with. HL glass opening is the real pain than any other installation. How did you manged to open it with hot air blower? It took me more than half an hour to open the spare assy but that gave me an idea how to be gentle when you open the stock HL assy.
Salbin, give me a call, I will give u a detailed account of everything including how to burn the fingers with the blow gun.
Hey, you forgot the basics man LOL, HL can't be replaced with fog lamps and vice versa. If you keep it in HL height it can blind the whole traffic without any doubt and you can't see a thing as this doesn't have a cutoff pattern nor have a focused long throw like in the HLs. Oh yes, be ready to receive wild greetings from the on coming traffic for such a wonderful lighting system.
Did you got the MM Kit? is it from Light sense guy? I guess your time will be hard pressed for the mods as you will be spending more time with the baby.
That is great. Now we have got an experienced person for opening Beat headlights.
I got tempted by seeing the Morimoto Bi xenon projector upgrade by t-bhpian "keyur".
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2740389
As you rightly said, I don't think I will get time for the DIY install.
Need to spend more time with my little angel than spending time for angel eyes on my Beat LOL.

Quote:
Hi Salbin!! Nice to have conversation with you.
My friend arunvelraj who is a automobile engineer and passionate towards auto mods has opened up a mod shop in Madurai refer ||-AutoXsculpt-||.
HL work was not my DIY but he did all the mods for me.
He is a crazy guy and practiced to open up head lights. At the start of his career he had broken up many HLs, Pl be cautious while opening so.
Now he perform lots of custom Angel eye projector fitting for bike in my town.
I also wanted to have my rear warning light assembly to be colored up And he says he has already broken beat back lights assembly twice which was very difficult to open up.. and he refused the idea.
He is the one who did this mod too. look out for red color finish HLs
Attachment 923030..
This image was posted an year ago in this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-jobs-880.html.
if you had noticed all my mods, they so mild that most of the mods did not affect stock getting damaged except for two drill hole for fixing my spoiler. I personally dint like projectors on head. It will make my car more catchy and also its a common mod... I just thought of making a diff try of fixing the same in fog...
Its not xenon HId but a normal projector. I will PM his FB page id.
Thanks for the info.
I have seen this red Beat earlier.
In your pics the front grill chrome linings are blackened - is it sticker or paint?
The paint job looks really good.
Please pour more details on the K&N.. model cost etc and the new exhaust with pics if possible..

Last edited by salbin : 3rd May 2012 at 21:45. Reason: edit
Old 4th May 2012, 01:28   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin
Hey.. Thanks for announcing it here.

That is great. Now we have got an experienced person for opening Beat headlights.
I got tempted by seeing the Morimoto Bi xenon projector upgrade by t-bhpian "keyur".
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2740389
As you rightly said, I don't think I will get time for the DIY install.
Need to spend more time with my little angel than spending time for angel eyes on my Beat LOL.

Thanks for the info.
I have seen this red Beat earlier.
In your pics the front grill chrome linings are blackened - is it sticker or paint?
The paint job looks really good.
mine was base ps model that does not have chrome. If at it had , i wud made it blk.... I hate chrome on blk bg...
Old 4th May 2012, 10:16   #252
BHPian

Quote:
mine was base ps model that does not have chrome. If at it had , i wud made it blk.... I hate chrome on blk bg...

Hey Jeganatu,

Would you mind sharing the cost for the mods you have done.. I really like the fog lamps. I wanted to have one and when asked at GM they told 13K which was way expensive and after markets were not that impressive. This one looks good atleast for me. I am a great fan of the OEM rear spoiler and if your friend has them, could you also let us know the price of that. Most LS and PS owners would like to own one of them I guess. Do you have any detailed report of all the mods you have done? In here and in the other thread, I could find just the mods you have done, means not in detail. As you had mentioned in one of your thread, I do not know whether you are planning to update them along with your 15K review?

Last edited by informmaha : 4th May 2012 at 10:18.
informmaha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 11:12   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Hey Jeganatu,

Would you mind sharing the cost for the mods you have done.. I really like the fog lamps. I wanted to have one and when asked at GM they told 13K which was way expensive and after markets were not that impressive. This one looks good atleast for me. I am a great fan of the OEM rear spoiler and if your friend has them, could you also let us know the price of that. Most LS and PS owners would like to own one of them I guess. Do you have any detailed report of all the mods you have done? In here and in the other thread, I could find just the mods you have done, means not in detail. As you had mentioned in one of your thread, I do not know whether you are planning to update them along with your 15K review?
Hi thanks,,,
Yes I am planning along with my 15k review report. Yes aprox 13 k for the boring stock fog lamps and whooping 11k for a piece of so called integrated spoiler. Ls does not come with these necessitous part and thy give crap for the additional 25k we need to shell out. Hence I opted for Ps. I paid 4.5k for a beautiful GT spoiler and 5k for a stunning angle projector fixed on my fog.
I opted GM car auto lock for 3.3k so total 4.5+5+3.3 =13k the same quote which they said for stock fog lights alone .
Old 31st May 2012, 22:47   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha

Hey Jeganatu,

Hi chk my 16000 km report http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...petrol-ps.html
Old 1st June 2012, 11:09   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
Ha! Thats new to me. This is the first time I'm coming across colour finished headlamps!

Can you please share pics of it?
A how-to guide will also be welcome!

And a BIG Welcome to the forum!
Quote:
Was it a DIY?
Is it not bi-xenons?
Quote:
@All,

Hearty Congrats man.

BTW, while painting why do you need to cover the reflectors with tapes? IIRC, once the glass comes off, HL reflector is already separated, the chrome piece can also be pulled out from the glass? Or you meant to say the turn reflectors? Actually am in the process of putting projectors on HLs and your paint job gave me some spark to subside the over chrome work on the HL assy. I've been planning this mod since I bought my car 2 years back but it never happened due to time limitations and other stupid reasons. Last week I got a spare HL assy from the SVC and that gave me some inspiration to start with. HL glass opening is the real pain than any other installation. How did you manged to open it with hot air blower? It took me more than half an hour to open the spare assy but that gave me an idea how to be gentle when you open the stock HL assy.

Its difficult to match the LED light colours with the body color and more difficult to imitate the Audi DRLs with the puny so called high power LEDs which hardly consumes 1W each whereas the Audi's DRL consumes approx 20W LED cluster on each HL assy IIRC. And its designing and positioning is something very unique: 14 Advanced Power TOPLEDs placed on a flexboard. The required light intensity is controlled by an integrated LED control unit. The result is a punctual light source with an unmistakable contour similar to the appearance of a pearl necklet.

Stylish and Safe: OSRAM LED Daytime Running Light for the Audi A4 -- re> REGENSBURG, Germany, Dec. 13 /PRNewswire/ --

We poor souls can max think of is to go for el cheapo DRLs

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Hey Jeganatu,

Quote:
Hi thanks,,,
Yes I am planning along with my 15k review report. Yes aprox 13 k for the boring stock fog lamps and whooping 11k for a piece of so called integrated spoiler. Ls does not come with these necessitous part and thy give crap for the additional 25k we need to shell out. Hence I opted for Ps. I paid 4.5k for a beautiful GT spoiler and 5k for a stunning angle projector fixed on my fog.
I opted GM car auto lock for 3.3k so total 4.5+5+3.3 =13k the same quote which they said for stock fog lights alone .
Hi all, Please go through my 16000 km review thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2795277

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks