Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2010, 01:20   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
Salbin Thanks for the feedback. You are right knocking occurs when either timing is advanced beyond a limit or when a lower octane fuel is used. Definitely by using a higher octane petrol knocking can be eliminated but the problem is that we don't get higher octane petrol here in Udaipur. We only get BS III 91 octane petrol and I doubt whether what we are getting is even 91 octane or not.
Interesting because the others are not getting knocking with the revised ECU setting. (or maybe they are not sensetive enough?)
Wondering if its the hot ambient conditions in your city.
Old 7th October 2010, 10:09   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
Good mileage.
Myself will most probably get my Cocktail Green Beat LT on Friday. Will definitely ask you veteran owners for tips. Thanks all of you for helping me out.
Congrats in advance.
Welcome to Beat club!.
Please feel free to ask any sort of clarifications.
As a T-BHPian, I will be happy to share whatever I know.
Old 7th October 2010, 22:07   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
and some steep zig-zag up-hill climb (a week end trip to Nandi Hills).
Off the topic but.. some pics taken during the Nandi Hills trip.
No scope for a travelogue. So I am posting it here.

On the way.
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-p1030627.jpg
The road was better than I expected.
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-p1030641.jpg
The hotel @ the hill top is visible
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-p1030650.jpg
The famous lonely tree on the way, where most of the people stop to take some pics.
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-p1030652.jpg
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-p1030661.jpg
The winding steep road and hair pin bends
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-p1030668.jpg
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-p1030670.jpg
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-p1030671.jpg
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-p1030672.jpg
I am on the top of the world!!ha ha ha ..
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-p1030720.jpg
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-p1030723.jpg
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-p1030726.jpg
On the way back, visited the ancient Bhoganandiswara temple also.
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-p1030771.jpg
And return..
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-p1030842.jpg
Old 7th October 2010, 23:02   #124
BHPian

Nice pics, Salbin.Now that you have completed a long journey through the Ghat sections, you would be in a better position to comment on the car's driving characteristics after the ECU remap. ( I believe yours is the second version of the ECU remap )
Old 8th October 2010, 12:15   #125
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics. I see that even you have picked up Skids. Even I have it placed in my car ;-)
Old 8th October 2010, 13:41   #126
BHPian

Nice pics Salbin.. Your car looks awesome with those alloys and in particular in pic 4 your car looks like a toy

By the way where is that temple that you have mentioned? i had been to nandi hills many times even last month, but have not come across Bhoganandiswara temple?? looks nice.. Eager to know about the performance of your car especially in the last hairpin at the top of the hill?
Old 9th October 2010, 00:22   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
Nice pics, Salbin.Now that you have completed a long journey through the Ghat sections, you would be in a better position to comment on the car's driving characteristics after the ECU remap. ( I believe yours is the second version of the ECU remap )
Thanks auto-one.
In fact I had driven my Beat thru the Western Ghats earlier (with initial ECU setting). So this time I could feel the difference. I would say it is Excellent after the remap.
BTW mine is the version 3 setting.
The service assistant was telling me that it was version2 when I went to pick up the car after service. But when I asked him repeatedly to confirm the same, he took me to the person who did the activity and that fellow confirmed to both of us that it is version 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Nice pics. I see that even you have picked up Skids. Even I have it placed in my car ;-)
Thanks thedreamcatcher.
Now it has become a time pass for my friends during office trips to transform it to a autobot and back to the skids.
It is not a easy job even for an adult!, even though it is meant for children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Nice pics Salbin.. Your car looks awesome with those alloys and in particular in pic 4 your car looks like a toy
By the way where is that temple that you have mentioned? i had been to nandi hills many times even last month, but have not come across Bhoganandiswara temple?? looks nice.. Eager to know about the performance of your car especially in the last hairpin at the top of the hill?
Thanks informmaha.
As I said earlier, the vehicle performance was very good especially in the steep hairpin bends.
Apart from that I feel the stability of the car is improved after changing to alloys because my track has got increased now.
Check this side by side comparison with my friends Beat LTO having 14x4.5J alloys (mine is 14x5.5J) and both with the same tyres. My tyres (right side) looks wider than the other.
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-copy-27082010089.jpg

Bhoganandishwara Temple is around 7km from the foot of the Nandi Hill(T junction, where we take a left turn to Nandi Hills).
Instead of left turn, if you take the right turn towards Chikkaballapur, you will reach this place.
Bhoganandishwara Temple is perhaps the finest and the most ornate of the Dravidian temples. The whole temple consists of twin temples, Bhoganandishwara on the north while Arunachalaleshwara on the South. The temple was built in A.D.810.
Check out this blog (not mine - just got it while searching):
Narcissist: Temple At The Foot Of Nandi Hills
Old 9th October 2010, 15:55   #128
BHPian

Quote:
BTW mine is the version 3 setting.
The service assistant was telling me that it was version2 when I went to pick up the car after service. But when I asked him repeatedly to confirm the same, he took me to the person who did the activity and that fellow confirmed to both of us that it is version 3.

Check this side by side comparison with my friends Beat LTO having 14x4.5J alloys (mine is 14x5.5J) and both with the same tyres. My tyres (right side) looks wider than the other.
Mine is also version 3 settings. I had a doubt when one of my friend ECU flashing for his vehicle, since i could not find difference between his old and present settings, but it was different in my vehicle. When i told him, he was mentioning, since we are in steep road you are able to find the difference, will update him with this info, definitely his vehicle settings might be of version 2.

Thanks for sharing that info salbin, will definetely try out this temple next time when i go there.. Ohh i didnt know that you can use stock tyres on the new alloys. Another question i had here is is there any warranty void if you change your stock rim to alloys? and what did you do to your old rim? Thanks for sharing that picture though, i didnt know there would be this much of a diff by just changing it to alloys

Your alloys set up looks uber cool for this color and i hope you are not working somewhere near whitefield, since i spot a CG vehicle with similar alloys to yours in our parking, but think there is s white strip on those alloys.
Old 9th October 2010, 17:46   #129
BHPian

Quote:
will definetely try out this temple next time when i go there.. Ohh i didnt know that you can use stock tyres on the new alloys. Another question i had here is is there any warranty void if you change your stock rim to alloys? and what did you do to your old rim? Thanks for sharing that picture though, i didnt know there would be this much of a diff by just changing it to alloys
Your alloys set up looks uber cool for this color and i hope you are not working somewhere near whitefield, since i spot a CG vehicle with similar alloys to yours in our parking, but think there is s white strip on those alloys.
In fact I like this temple very much. I would say it is better than Nandi Hills. You can also take the camera inside the temple and capture some good snaps.

The stock tyres(155/70R14) can be very well used on 14*5.5J rims.
For 14*6J rim, it will be in the extreme limit. I have seen lot of Beats with stock tyres on 14*6J rim.
You can verify the tyre-rim compatibility here: Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 3 of 4

There will not be any warranty issue as long as the rim size is 14".
But in case of up-sizing to 15" or more, there can be issues.
The resale value for old steel rims will be extremely low -to the extend of scrap metal price.
So I have kept them with me thinking that when I sell the car, I can remove the alloys and use it or sell it seperately.

BTW it will be difficult for you to spot me in Whitefield area because I rarely come there.
You can easily spot me near Electronics City (near Kropex Chevrolet) and Hosur road. I work for an automobile company in Hosur. Hope you got it

Are you in Bangalore or Chennai?
Old 11th October 2010, 15:14   #130
BHPian

Quote:
BTW it will be difficult for you to spot me in Whitefield area because I rarely come there.
You can easily spot me near Electronics City (near Kropex Chevrolet) and Hosur road. I work for an automobile company in Hosur. Hope you got it

Are you in Bangalore or Chennai?
Salbin,

That was a real nice info about the temple. Will definitely not miss this next time around..
Its always better to save your original rims instead of just selling it at the price they ask for scrap one, atlease you can claim that you have not changed it while selling it . I think you have done a lot of research before going in for alloys.

I am in Bangalore and work in ITPL, so have seen a similar vehicle like yours, but as i mentioned, there is a white strip on the alloys, except that everything else is same. I have got an idea of which cmpy you might be working
Old 12th October 2010, 13:58   #131
Senior - BHPian

Nice guys. We should plan an all Beat drive in BLR sometime. Can invte any friends with a Beat also.

I maybe getting touch with you guys for alloys and ECU remap details soon.
Old 14th October 2010, 15:53   #132
BHPian

Nice pictures Salbin .I like aftermarket alloys for beat than those OE alloy wheels.The OE wheels does not blend well with the car's next gen styling where the OE alloys look a gen previous .
Regards
Sreehari
Old 23rd October 2010, 23:10   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Salbin,
That was a real nice info about the temple. Will definitely not miss this next time around..
Really worth seeing. I would say - better than Nandi Hills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Nice guys. We should plan an all Beat drive in BLR sometime. Can invte any friends with a Beat also.
I maybe getting touch with you guys for alloys and ECU remap details soon.
Good idea.
I got 4 friends in my office itself owning a Beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Nice pictures Salbin .I like aftermarket alloys for beat than those OE alloy wheels.The OE wheels does not blend well with the car's next gen styling where the OE alloys look a gen previous .
Regards
Sreehari
Thanks Sreehari.
I too agree that the OE alloys do not blend with the Beat styling.
My inspiration behind the alloy design selection was this youtube video:

(seems to be an up-size Lenso Samurai wheel)
Old 14th January 2011, 17:19   #134
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report

Salbin,
Please post update on performance and FE of your Car.
Old 2nd February 2011, 23:56   #135
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
Salbin,
Please post update on performance and FE of your Car.
Hi Topolino,

Sorry for the late reply, I was away from T-bhp for some time..

She is running as good as a brand new car. No scratches yet. Only thing is my cleaning frequency has got reduced.
My odo is nearing 5 digit reading!
Will be getting the 10K service done by this month end.
The good news is that my FE average is improving.
Here is my FE log:
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-fe.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks