Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2010, 00:23   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Dear Salbin
If we look closer to Beat's Odo console from an angle, we can see Distance to Empty and Out side temperature options available. This features are not in Indian Beats. Can we some how activate it? Can we procure the required parts from other counties.
I think the only common part is the LCD Display panel. For getting all those info display, we need the suitable input devices or sensors, which may not be available at present. If they had it, then definitely the top version should get it. May be GM will be planning those things for the future models.
BTW international beat is having this.
Check the pic:
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-2010_chevrolet_spark_interior.jpg
If somebody is able to source these items from other countries, then it will be possible. But the thing is.. Is it worth the money and time we need to spend for getting it?
As rjvora_2000 said, if we do such mods, it will make the warranty void.

I will be interested if somebody brings this kind of aftermarket tail lamps and Bumpers for Beat.
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-chevrolet_beat_gama_20081.jpg
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-chevroletbeati001.jpg
Old 4th June 2010, 17:15   #77
BHPian

3000 kms Update

My Beat has run more than 3200kms now.
I am happy that so far there is no rattling sound.
Last time I had used IOC Xtrapremium petrol and found that there is a considerable difference in FE. (already mentioned by some of the TBHPians)
I will check this next time and update.
Here is the FE calculation for my 3000+ drive. Average is coming to 15kmpl with AC.
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-fe.jpg
BTW can any of you tell me how to edit the thread title.
Old 4th June 2010, 20:27   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
congrats Salbin, you're getting really good FE. For title editing I think you need to contact the moderators.
Old 7th July 2010, 00:07   #79
BHPian

Salbin, read that you have changed your front speakers. Details us please on the setup and the sound quality.
Old 7th July 2010, 08:06   #80
BHPian

Quote:
My Beat has run more than 3200kms now.
I am happy that so far there is no rattling sound.
Last time I had used IOC Xtrapremium petrol and found that there is a considerable difference in FE. (already mentioned by some of the TBHPians)
I will check this next time and update.
Here is the FE calculation for my 3000+ drive. Average is coming to 15kmpl with AC.
Attachment 361185
Superb buy my friend and congratulations! I think your beat looks wonderful and love the way that teddy's chillin in the rear seat! He looks gangster!

Thanks for providing your real time FE log, I can see you're a good automotive enthusiast. These values will definitely help me decide my first car! It's a big step for me and I'm considerably excited! I've TD'd the beat and waiting to TD the Figo and Polo (trendline) soon!
Old 3rd August 2010, 00:58   #81
BHPian

5000km Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Salbin, read that you have changed your front speakers. Details us please on the setup and the sound quality.
I will be upgrading the rear ones also. Thanks for your inputs.
I located Kumars last week, but it was on a Sunday. Will have to find time to go there on a week day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
Superb buy my friend and congratulations! I think your beat looks wonderful and love the way that teddy's chillin in the rear seat! He looks gangster!
Thanks for providing your real time FE log, I can see you're a good automotive enthusiast. These values will definitely help me decide my first car! It's a big step for me and I'm considerably excited! I've TD'd the beat and waiting to TD the Figo and Polo (trendline) soon!
Thanks.
Which one you have decided?

-------------------------------------
I just completed 5000km and given the car for service.
I have asked them to re-map the ECU.
Also told them to add the rear suspension collars.

Here are some photos taken just before giving for service:
Couldn't get time to wash her for 2 weeks and the effect of rain can be seen. Anyway Kropex guys will be washing it during the service.
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-1.jpg
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-2.jpg
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-3.jpg

Found the rear wiper very useful. My earlier car was not having it.
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-4.jpg

Being a synthetic oil, it need not be changed this time.
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-5.jpg

This is the compact 2 button remote from AutocopXS that I have mentioned in my post earlier.
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-6.jpg

Just found out this last week! The HU can play songs from my Nokia 5230.
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-7.jpg

Car windscreen suction mount got along with my 5230 and GPS in use. I lost my earlier WM phone - got pick pocketed. That made me to buy a new phone. Got Nokia5230 for Rs. 7400/- VFM price for a GPS phone with free lifetime navigation.
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-8.jpg
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-9.jpg

Got a portable compressor for ~ Rs.1000 from ebay.in. Better quality compared to the Rs500 basic ones. It has got a light and a flasher. The wires and hose can be hidden inside a cavity.
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-10.jpg
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-11.jpg
Old 4th August 2010, 16:29   #82
BHPian

Quote:
I will be upgrading the rear ones also. Thanks for your inputs.
I located Kumars last week, but it was on a Sunday. Will have to find time to go there on a week day.

Thanks.
Which one you have decided?

-------------------------------------
I just completed 5000km and given the car for service.
I have asked them to re-map the ECU.
Also told them to add the rear suspension collars.

Here are some photos taken just before giving for service:
Couldn't get time to wash her for 2 weeks and the effect of rain can be seen. Anyway Kropex guys will be washing it during the service.
Attachment 398304
Attachment 398305
Attachment 398306

Found the rear wiper very useful. My earlier car was not having it.
Attachment 398307

Being a synthetic oil, it need not be changed this time.
Attachment 398308

This is the compact 2 button remote from AutocopXS that I have mentioned in my post earlier.
Attachment 398309

Just found out this last week! The HU can play songs from my Nokia 5230.
Attachment 398314

Car windscreen suction mount got along with my 5230 and GPS in use. I lost my earlier WM phone - got pick pocketed. That made me to buy a new phone. Got Nokia5230 for Rs. 7400/- VFM price for a GPS phone with free lifetime navigation.
Attachment 398310
Attachment 398311

Got a portable compressor for ~ Rs.1000 from ebay.in. Better quality compared to the Rs500 basic ones. It has got a light and a flasher. The wires and hose can be hidden inside a cavity.
Attachment 398312
Attachment 398313
How much is the windscreen suction mount for ? where did you buy it from? please share
Old 5th August 2010, 15:00   #83
BHPian

Received the vehicle yesterday after service.
The ECU remapping is done. Rear suspension collar also added.
Oil is not changed. The scheduled change is @ 15K kms. So it will be decided based on the condition of oil during next service.
The car was delivered neatly after polishing.
The bill amount came to Rs. 0/- Eventhough they told that the wheel balancing weights(sticker type weights for alloys) will be charged extra, they did it free for me.
I am happy with the ECU remap. The change in performance can be felt easily. The upgrade is version # 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
How much is the windscreen suction mount for ? where did you buy it from? please share
It is a Nokia accessory, specific to the 5 series phones (5800/5230/5233/5235 etc).
I got it free with the 5230 mobile phone. There was an offer from Nokia for the navigation phones - ie. lifetime free maps and voice guided navigation and car mount. I think the offer is still available.
Nokia India - Nokia 5230 navigation pack
I bought it from Sangeetha mobile store for Rs.7400/-
Old 5th August 2010, 15:32   #84
Senior - BHPian

@salbin

Hope you will update the millage figures after doing some miles in B2B traffic. I never get anything more than 12 in terrible B2B traffic. For normal roads it's around 16kmpl.

What about the pick-up in 1st and 2nd gear?

What about the engine noise?

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 5th August 2010, 18:11   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
@salbin
Hope you will update the millage figures after doing some miles in B2B traffic. I never get anything more than 12 in terrible B2B traffic. For normal roads it's around 16kmpl.
What about the pick-up in 1st and 2nd gear?
What about the engine noise?
Cheers!
Vinu
Normal driving if you are getting 16kmpl, then there is nothing to worry - it is good only.
FE in B2B traffic will be very subjective figure.
And also it will varry from person to person.
Pick-up in 1st and 2nd gear has improved now.
There was no "noise" from the engine.
Also, there is no difference in the engine sound.

Just bought Polk db461 speakers for rear. Not yet fixed. Will be fixing it myself mostly by next week. Got it from Kumars Automobiles for Rs. 3400/-

@alstonlobo: Thanks for your valuable inputs and experience on the speakers.
Old 5th August 2010, 19:20   #86
BHPian

Specific changes done by the remap...

Quote:
Received the vehicle yesterday after service.
The ECU remapping is done. Rear suspension collar also added.
I am happy with the ECU remap. The change in performance can be felt easily. The upgrade is version # 3.
Salbin,

2 questions for you:-
ECU remap -- what changes were effected by the remap? was it low end power / torque, improved FE, any other reason.
Rear suspension collar -- is it an addition to the suspension by GM or a replacement for a faulty part.

Nikhil
Old 5th August 2010, 22:12   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Normal driving if you are getting 16kmpl, then there is nothing to worry - it is good only.
FE in B2B traffic will be very subjective figure.
And also it will varry from person to person.
Pick-up in 1st and 2nd gear has improved now.
There was no "noise" from the engine.
Also, there is no difference in the engine sound.

Just bought Polk db461 speakers for rear. Not yet fixed. Will be fixing it myself mostly by next week. Got it from Kumars Automobiles for Rs. 3400/-

@alstonlobo: Thanks for your valuable inputs and experience on the speakers.
Hey buddy, nice to know you procured the db641. Just be careful with the install on these. All 4 screws wont fit the mount tray. Only 3 will. Check my thread, I have put a pic of this. Also it is very tricky to open up the rear section for the wiring. The moulds are very difficult to dismantle. I took the help of 2 of my friends and it was a struggle but well worth it end of the day.

Do let me know if you face any roadblocks on the install and I will be happy to help. Good luck with your install and enjoy your setup.
Old 6th August 2010, 03:20   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Salbin,

ECU remap -- what changes were effected by the remap? was it low end power / torque, improved FE, any other reason.
Rear suspension collar -- is it an addition to the suspension by GM or a replacement for a faulty part.

Nikhil
@nsbhagwat - we need some more light on the whole ECU remap buzz floating around for Beat, Salbin would be more than happy to share i know

let me know if i am correct here salbin - unless your car has brushed speed breakers, uneven bumps on the road i do not suppose Rear Suspension collar would be required, even i wanted to have them installed, however my car has safely glided over regular obstructions which my Alto could not miss kissing earlier.
Old 8th August 2010, 06:56   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Salbin,
Nikhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
@nsbhagwat - we need some more light on the whole ECU remap buzz floating around for Beat, Salbin would be more than happy to share i know

let me know if i am correct here salbin - unless your car has brushed speed breakers, uneven bumps on the road i do not suppose Rear Suspension collar would be required, even i wanted to have them installed, however my car has safely glided over regular obstructions which my Alto could not miss kissing earlier.
- Low end response and torque has improved. Yet to check the FE.
I will be definitely sharing all the updates. Since I am busy with work and official travel, it will take 2-3 weeks for me to give a feedback.
- This collar was added after ~mid Apr. Some people were complaining about the drumming noise from the rear suspension. Even though I did not feel the noise, I got it done since it is free addition by GM.
IMO, this has nothing to do with the ground clearance. The GC will remain the same. If your vehicle is new, then this will be fitted in the factory itself. Anyway, you can just confirm it with GM service. I don't know the prodn cut-off date for this bush/collar addition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Hey buddy, nice to know you procured the db641. Just be careful with the install on these. All 4 screws wont fit the mount tray. Only 3 will. Check my thread, I have put a pic of this. Also it is very tricky to open up the rear section for the wiring. The moulds are very difficult to dismantle. I took the help of 2 of my friends and it was a struggle but well worth it end of the day.
Do let me know if you face any roadblocks on the install and I will be happy to help. Good luck with your install and enjoy your setup.
Thanks for your valuable advise.
Let me try it myself.
Will contact you in case if any help is needed.
Old 9th August 2010, 23:15   #90
BHPian

Yesterday I could find some time to fix the Polk db461.
I did it myself. Here comes some of the pics:

I bought this from Kumars Automobiles Agencies:
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-1.jpg
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-2.jpg

Side-by-side with the stock speaker:
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-3.jpg
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-4.jpg

Stock speakers before removal:
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-5.jpg
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-6.jpg

Speaker removed:
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-7.jpg

Since the mounting holes of Polk doesn't match with the stock ones, I decided to remove the whole bracket itself and do the matching comfortably by keeping it outside. There are 3 screws to be removed for taking the bracket out:
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-8.jpg
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-9.jpg
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-10.jpg

The third one is inside the plastic pannel and it is very difficult to unscrew. I somehow managed it by inserting my hand through this small gap:
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-11.jpg
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-13.jpg

Finally removed it with great difficulty:
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-12.jpg

Had to cut the 2 locating dowels and 2 reinforcement ribs to place the new one. Matched all the 4 screws with an inclination:
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-14.jpg
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-15.jpg

Finished:
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-16.jpg

JBL GT5-S204 in its position in the dash:
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-17.jpg

Kropex guys did a good cleaning job during the 5K service. They also polished the tyres and alloys:
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-18.jpg
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-19.jpg
Chevrolet Beat LT Cocktail Green: Initial ownership report-20.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks