Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2015, 17:21   #241
BANNED

re: My horribly unreliable VW Polo! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
However, we have been witnessing petrol smell in the car ever since the tank has been cleaned and fuel pump and filter has been changed. The smell is more evident when we get the car's tank full.
Could it be the tank breather pipe that is choked or not fit correctly?

Quote:
In BTW: I now know why the OE fuel filter and fuel pump failed. Both of them say " Made in China"! My mechanic had kept them in the boot when he changed them.
Old 25th January 2015, 12:41   #242
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[b]However, we have been witnessing petrol smell in the car ever since the tank has been cleaned and fuel pump and filter has been changed. The smell is more evident when we get the car's tank full.
How about you check this out. I know I'm not helping in any way but I thought sharing this here is relevant.

Audis being recalled in other parts of the world for smell of petrol in the passenger cabin.

http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwptHs0yA
Old 25th February 2015, 02:55   #243
Senior - BHPian

Re: My horribly unreliable VW Polo. VW Moti Nagar failed again to rectify the problem

Quote:
...But getting a tata after this junk can be suicidal. ....
What a hilarious statement, I'm still unable to control my laughter.

I do emphatize with your situation. I shied away from getting a VW mainly due to the post warranty/ long term reliability apprehensions that I had (they may be good cars to drive). I believe their design philosophy is that cars should be used well and junked/disposed after 5 to 6 years.

On a general note, all the German engines are still very sensitive to fuel quality and adulteration and the Germans have still not cracked a way of to make their engines reliable and immune to the sub-standard fuel that we end up filling.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 25th February 2015 at 03:12.
Old 17th May 2017, 15:03   #244
Senior - BHPian

2015 - the car’s radiator fan motor broke down. My Mechanic figured, there was dust in the motor, open it, cleaned it, and it started working.

2016 - the FE of the car dropped significantly, the injectors were checked and coils were checked. One coil was replaced from after market. A few months later, same scenario occurred, and we replaced another coil. All this was getting on our nerves. In mid 2016, the radiator motor completely gave away and fan also melted a bit. The new fan was to cost around 17k from VW. The initial polo petrols has a slightly different radiator fan/motors and hence a replacement was not found in aftermarket. Changed the fan/motor with a repaired one but had to bypass a wire which had power steering light glowing on/off.

In Jan 2017, finally sold the car. As much as we would have loved to say good bye, it wasn’t exactly a good bye.

While my brother was looking for a baleno diesel to replace the polo, he will currently use my Cedia, as I have upgraded to an Outlander last week (will post the initial ownership very soon).

@Mods, please close this thread.
On a lighter note: - delete the thread if you can..rofl. I want to completely erase this wonderful experience of owning a VW ever. Definitely the last one.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 17th May 2017 at 15:10.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks