Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2010, 18:48   #76
Senior - BHPian

@ kameshR
Exactly, the trim level can hardly be a factor in stopping the deliveries, and that has added to the confusion as to what could be the problem.

@ Freakmuzic-
let me know if you visit your dealer meanwhile and ask if there is some issue

@CheNad-
Lets hope there really is nothing, and simply that Maruti is unable to cope with demand for VXi, which obviously is a superb VFM compared to lower trim level models.
Old 30th June 2010, 02:42   #77
BHPian

ODO Meets 1k

This has been long pending blah, blah, blah...Let me cut the excuses first and come straight to the point.

Few weeks back the car crossed 1K mark and its first routine service was duly completed. Most of my driving was done in B2B traffic with multiple stop and go's. We managed to do one highway trip of 250kms and the car went through some of the most grueling summers and unforeseen rains in these two months.

Here is a quick check on the different departments,

Interior still looks and smells new, just as they did on day one. No bits failing and no rattles from the doors, windows, boot and seats.

The ride quality is good and slightly squishy. In the city the steering is light and precise but on the highway it has a dead feeling in high speeds.

What about the vital FE?
I just have one thing to say. I concur with -NUT-Case here although I got lucky with the figures. Houston we have a problem!

Best FE - City Driving
14kmpl with AC
16kmpl without AC*

Best FE - Highway (we managed just one trip)
18kmpl with AC*

Worst FE - City Driving
12kmpl with AC*

* I could be off by .5kms coz the re-fuelling was done midway and not necessarily done by the tank full to tank full method.

As everybody pointed out, inconsistent FE could be attributed to the running-in period but what I find rather startling is the pronounced impact of AC on FE. I could now hear why people lament on a missing cylinder. Could it do the magic in at least keeping the FE predictable and consistent?

Such is the bewildering gap that the moment AC is switched on, no matter what kind of foot you have (light or spirited) the FE does down by 2kms for sure. If that’s not a compromise for you then you have an able city car. IMHO one has to also note the fact that it could be frugal when AC is sparingly used.

What about the torque?
I beg to differ here. Although AC sucked away the fuel, its impact was somewhat feeble on torque. The drive is still lively for me! The delivery of more horses when demanded comes seamlessly.

All in all, barring the marked impact of AC on FE, the all new Wagon-R sure puts a smile on my face every day and I'm quite satisfied with the buy. All other virtues of this car have been intact and for me the all important question of did I make the right choice in first place has been a contended YES. I’m just hoping that the gap in FE between AC and non-AC usage gets narrower by the day to acceptable standards.

I understand FE is a debatable topic because of varied parameters, but in my opinion most B2B city driving pattern could be the same. If it is so, shouldn’t we have an agreeable FE figure for this car? I would like to know if this situation is unique to the Wagon-R or is it the same with Estilo and A-Star too.

Should we open a new thread on the FE of 1litre K-Series’ or is there one already in the forum?
Old 1st July 2010, 01:03   #78
BHPian

Good to hear that you are enjoying your car.

I think the FE figures that you have posted are off by more than .5 Km.

If in case they are accurate, then you have no reason to worry as they are very good. A difference of 2 Km/l with and without AC is standard for all cars.

If you can tell us how you measure the FE, it would give us a better idea.

18KM/L with AC seems to be too good, even on a highway when the claimed FE is only 18.9 in ideal conditions without AC.

Please use the tankful to tankful method if you can. It is the most accurate method.

The lack in torque i am experiencing when Ac is on could be a problem with my car as you don't seem to have that problem or i am feeling it more as i was driving a 1.1 IRDE Santro before which has a very good engine.

More ownership posts would certainly help here!
Old 2nd July 2010, 17:44   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
Good to hear that you are enjoying your car.

I think the FE figures that you have posted are off by more than .5 Km.

If in case they are accurate, then you have no reason to worry as they are very good. A difference of 2 Km/l with and without AC is standard for all cars.

If you can tell us how you measure the FE, it would give us a better idea.

18KM/L with AC seems to be too good, even on a highway when the claimed FE is only 18.9 in ideal conditions without AC.

Please use the tankful to tankful method if you can. It is the most accurate method.

The lack in torque i am experiencing when Ac is on could be a problem with my car as you don't seem to have that problem or i am feeling it more as i was driving a 1.1 IRDE Santro before which has a very good engine.

More ownership posts would certainly help here!
Back in the day it would have been the famous needle for calculating FE but now its the 'Fuel Bars' (if I may call it). I know its not a reliable method but lets say I refill when the Fuel indicator is showing 3 bars. I will try to measure a proper tank full to tank full next time.

It might have not bothered me if the difference was a consistent 2kms. The observation I made is, it fluctuates big time and keeps me guessing about what could be the culprit. May be in due time things might even out.

Aha...comparing a 1.1 to this puny? Sorry to say this, perhaps you might have to reduce expectations. Having driven only the previous generation Wagon-R for years, I find some good things with this new engine but one has to admit there are certain drawbacks too.

Thanks for sharing your comments and yes, it would be great to know prespectives from other owners too.
Old 1st December 2011, 22:39   #80
BHPian

Re: The Blue eyed boy (WagonR Lxi) comes home

Back in May 2010, I thought I had sealed a deal for life with the all new Wagon-R, but here are some compelling reasons for which I had to let go the blue-eyed-boy last week.

Increased Running and Fuel Cost
All these years, I have been clocking less than 10k every year and had always been happy with a petrol, but off late my needs have changed, so much so that I added 20k in less than 2 years.

I'm only seeing an increasing use in the near future since our single car would have to take up multiple duties. It did not make sense for me to add those ever increasing kilometers with expensive fuel.

What is replacing the wagon-r? Brace folks - its an Indigo ecs VX

I was asked to forget about the Dzire diesel because of the huge wait list.
A close contender was the Liva, but none in the family liked it. I liked the indigo ecs only because of it being a small sized sedan and the claimed FE. There is one running in our organization without any problems and has been returning consistently good FE. I'm not sure how this gamble would pay off but in the end, its great to be in the bandwagon! Me too diesel

As for the Wagon, it is really no brainer for someone who seeks practicality. It gave zero problems so far and never had a niggle or rattle. Leaving the occassional FE concern, I had a very pleasant experience and I would certainly recommend it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks