Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2010, 13:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Anshuman ! How long was the waiting, I heard that the white Fortuner had a waiting of about a year.

And I thought you wrote on another thread that you preferred the Endy to the Fortuner, change of mind finally ?
Old 16th May 2010, 18:05   #17
BHPian

Congrats Anshuman! and welcome to the Fortuner Owners club, lol!

I have tried pushing mine to 160 kmph & it really does accelerate, but, when braking from such speeds, the cars goes all over the place and feels scary. Speeds upto 130 kmph are comfortable & controllable with these brakes & bulk. I have done about 4500 kms in mine in bout 2 months time.

Why don't you get those rain visors on the doors, i got them fitted (After Market ones) on mine & they do look great! Can post Pics for reference.!

Enjoy your car (I like to call mine a Truck ).
car_crazy1400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2010, 11:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hey Anshuman, Heartiest Congratulations! This is definitely the right choice for you, have loads of fun & is it time for another Leh trip then? I'm sure many would be eagerly waiting to see how the Fortuner takes on the Ladakh terrain.

Last edited by Eddy : 17th May 2010 at 13:09. Reason: Title edited. Removing references so as to avoid confusion for ppl reading it from now on.
Old 17th May 2010, 11:57   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Anshuman.

What was the waiting period for the white fortuner. By the way did you check with the sales rep whether the car is having the upgraded brake kit? Please do check

Do post more pictures and enjoy many more miles with the White Elephant (for stance only :P)
Old 17th May 2010, 12:11   #20
BHPian

I think you could name your Fortuner as "White Mamoth"? But will you do justice to the name as how tsk1979 does it to his "White Elephant? []
Since this is a new baby on the block, I hope the Punto doesn't get a step-motherly treatment!

Last edited by CliffHanger : 17th May 2010 at 12:13.
Old 17th May 2010, 12:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hey congrats for the Fortuner - a true Beast!

BTW, you might like to call it something else, the term white elephant has a negative meaninig in English language.

How about white Rhino ?
Old 17th May 2010, 12:20   #22
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post

One question - yours is a POST brake upgrade model, & you are still not satisfied with the braking ??

That is not nice to hear. Most people are happy post the brake upgrade,. any particular reason ??

Enjoy the Fortuner !

Cheers
@anshuman :- congrats on your new buy.

@ricky :- My bro still complains of the poor brakes in spite of the brake upgrade, but he says better than the older brakes but no way confidence inspiring.
Old 17th May 2010, 12:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

Heartiest Congratulations, Anshuman, on the Fortuner. Wishing you endless hours of happy driving in it

I too feel that this useful thread should be renamed to something other than "white elephant", as this conveys a different meaning compared to what is intended to be conveyed

I am looking forward to your updates on this thread !
Old 17th May 2010, 13:04   #24
BHPian

Hi Anshuman, Congrats on your beauty.

Reading your thread and other discussions here, I understand that buying a Fortuner is like settling for what is available. It seems like its not completely worth paying the price. Is my understanding correct ? Is this simply because of lack of competition at this level in the current SUV market ?
Old 17th May 2010, 13:10   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Congrats Anshuman ! How long was the waiting, I heard that the white Fortuner had a waiting of about a year.
Thank you. We booked the car in January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Congrats Anshuman! and welcome to the Fortuner Owners club, lol!

Why don't you get those rain visors on the doors, i got them fitted (After Market ones) on mine & they do look great! Can post Pics for reference.!
Thanks, I hate sun visors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Hey Anshuman, Heartiest Congratulations! This is definitely the right choice for you, have loads of fun & is it time for another Leh trip then? I'm sure many would be eagerly waiting to see how the Fortuner takes on the Ladakh terrain.
Thank you Sir, Planning for Leh trip has started already. Expect a detailed travelogue this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats Anshuman.

By the way did you check with the sales rep whether the car is having the upgraded brake kit? Please do check
Thanks. Yes the car has the upgraded brake kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
I think you could name your Fortuner as "White Mamoth"? But will you do justice to the name as how tsk1979 does it to his "White Elephant? []
Since this is a new baby on the block, I hope the Punto doesn't get a step-motherly treatment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Hey congrats for the Fortuner - a true Beast!

BTW, you might like to call it something else, the term white elephant has a negative meaninig in English language.

How about white Rhino ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
@anshuman :- congrats on your new buy.

@ricky :- My bro still complains of the poor brakes in spite of the brake upgrade, but he says better than the older brakes but no way confidence inspiring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Heartiest Congratulations, Anshuman, on the Fortuner. Wishing you endless hours of happy driving in it

I too feel that this useful thread should be renamed to something other than "white elephant", as this conveys a different meaning compared to what is intended to be conveyed

I am looking forward to your updates on this thread !
Thank you everyone, I have sent a PM to mods already for the change of thread title.
Old 17th May 2010, 13:23   #26
Team-BHP Support

Aha, good name. Anshuman, I hope you understand we all were telling you to change the name not because I call my safari that, but because white elephant has a very very negative meaning in the English language. As a long sufferer, I surely wish nobody has to undergo the same torture as me!

Anyways, congrats, and when are you going to Leh? Make sure she is run in before your trip, and do invest in a hydraulic jack. Kashmere gate sells a good small jack. Its similar to one in Khan market but can be raised around 5-7cms higher than the normal small hydraulic jacks.
Believe me, lifting a behemoth of this proportions using a normal jack is sheer torture!
Old 17th May 2010, 13:27   #27
Senior - BHPian

Heartiest Congrates Anshuman For sure slowly and gradually you are on way of building a great garage.
Old 17th May 2010, 13:36   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Aha, good name. Anshuman, I hope you understand we all were telling you to change the name not because I call my safari that, but because white elephant has a very very negative meaning in the English language. As a long sufferer, I surely wish nobody has to undergo the same torture as me!

Anyways, congrats, and when are you going to Leh? Make sure she is run in before your trip, and do invest in a hydraulic jack. Kashmere gate sells a good small jack. Its similar to one in Khan market but can be raised around 5-7cms higher than the normal small hydraulic jacks.
Believe me, lifting a behemoth of this proportions using a normal jack is sheer torture!
The name 'Mammoth' was suggested by Cliffhanger, i hope this conveys the same image without the negative feel. Tata Safari has always been my favorite but i was never able to convince myself to buy one just because of the poor quality.

The Fortuner is already past Run-in period, the check up service at 1000kms was done recently.

Date for Leh trip have not decided yet, but i am keen to go in June or July.

I have not checked the OE jack, Do you think a Hydraulic jack will be a good investment?
Old 17th May 2010, 13:55   #29
Team-BHP Support

for the safari its a must. The OE jack is tough work. Why don't you try out the OE jack. If you have trouble operating it, buy the hydraulic jack(not bottle type, but flat type). also take your car to the market and put the jack underneath to see if it goes high enough.
Old 17th May 2010, 14:48   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post

Please do post a pic. How exactly is it fitted ?
I had them on my last Endeavour and they began to fly off one by one and by the third month they were all gone !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks