Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2010, 12:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otomobil View Post
@ri : Great Buy and Good Color, But definetly something missing ! Got clue ? T-BHP Stickers ! PM me i can share some T-BHP Stickers

Vik0728: Buddy, I am also in the same proximity, Near Raghavendra Swamy Mutt. Let's all have small meet. What Say ?
Oh man, More the Merrier Otomobil!!

Lets catch up sometime in the evening this week or the weekend anytime if you guys can pull out some time.
Old 19th May 2010, 13:00   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats @Ri on the i20. Nice color there.

Do enjoy many more miles with the car.
Old 19th May 2010, 13:24   #18
BHPian

Congrats @Ri on the i20. I am really interested to know the FE figures for the BSIV models

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 20th May 2010, 00:11   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
Driveability in the city, and feature wise... the i20 is better
I beg to *strongly* differ on that
Nonetheless, i20 surely has its high points - ergonomics + ease of driving [for just about anyone].

Congrats on the mean machine
Old 20th May 2010, 09:53   #20
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirvan-m View Post
I beg to *strongly* differ on that
Nonetheless, i20 surely has its high points - ergonomics + ease of driving [for just about anyone].
Something tells me you are a proud Punto Owner and not without reason too and I wont completely disagree with you, but at the same time few features like the Rear A/C vents is a first in this segment as also the Blinkers on the ORVMs and on the other side the missing DTE feature in the India variants of i20 (-1). The Blue and Me in Punto.... well I am all in awe of it as well!
Yesterday had been for a late night drive on the NICE Road, and took the car to 120. It seemed to do well! Also found a nice little feature, at night with the car in motion you cannot switch off the headlamps. I have seen this feature in some cars in Germany but in India that too in a hatchback... I am pleasantly surprised!

BTW.. I clicked some pics of the interiors with the Blue lighting in the BS IV variant.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 Asta - Herbie comes home!!!-dsc01365.jpg  

Hyundai i20 Asta - Herbie comes home!!!-dsc01367.jpg  

Old 20th May 2010, 10:19   #21
BHPian

congrats @ri for your Herbie. Headlamps cannot be switched off in night. Does it turn on automatically during night time then??
Old 20th May 2010, 10:22   #22
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
congrats @ri for your Herbie. Headlamps cannot be switched off in night. Does it turn on automatically during night time then??
It doesn't switch on for sure! It was more of an accidental discovery where the stick kept springing back when I tried to turn it off. What remains to be seen is does it happen only at night or during the day also. I need to try it during the day sometime. Any i20 owners around, any idea on this feature? also wondering if there will be more surprises coming this way.
Old 20th May 2010, 12:23   #23

Congratulations on you new purchase.
There are many features that wildon has discovered in i20. I am sure you must have had a look at this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...sta-1-2-a.html

Please keep on updating the thread with your experiences with this beauty. It would be very helpful for prospective buyers.

Happy Driving.
Old 20th May 2010, 17:44   #24
BHPian

Congratulations! Glad to know you had a good experience at Advaith - heard some not-so-happy experiences there.

On the iPod cable - why not just use an Aux cable? In any case, 150 bucks is not a lot considered what you paid for the car :-) so just go for it dude.
Old 21st May 2010, 10:38   #25
BHPian

Congrats !

Congratulations and welcome to the i20 UberClub in TBHP.

Though we don't get much of freebies, the package is indeed quite good & value for money.

As seen in another post of mine, I do find some gear-shift issues with my i20... Would like to hear more on your experience over time.. Plz. keep updating.

- ShanG
------------------------------
1991 Geo Metro (Sold)
2009 Hyundai i20 Asta
Old 21st May 2010, 12:13   #26
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanG View Post
C
As seen in another post of mine, I do find some gear-shift issues with my i20... Would like to hear more on your experience over time.. Plz. keep updating.
ShanG.. .I too find the clutch too long and would be asking the service guys do something about it if possible.
I generally do a Off - On of the clutch... depress it fully whenever I shift and no half clutch so the gear shifting to me is silky smooth, but yes I missed engaging on 3rd couple if times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksoul View Post
On the iPod cable - why not just use an Aux cable? In any case, 150 bucks is not a lot considered what you paid for the car :-) so just go for it dude.
The Aux cable wont give me the controls on the steering !
Old 21st May 2010, 13:33   #27
BHPian

The pics shot in the night is marvellous. The interiors look amazing in those shots. Thanks for those.

Congrats on the buy, drive safe.
Old 26th May 2010, 13:10   #28
@ri
BHPian

Week 1 Report

ODO Reading 410
Mileage : 10.8 Guess it would increase with time and also after the 1st Service
Top Speed 120 Good feel, Slowly picked the speed up at night on an empty stretch of road taking care not to go over 3000 RPM
RPM 1500 - 3500 Mostly 2000 - 2800

Overall the car feels great so far. Handles well specially in the City and the steering seems fine and I am getting used to it.
Very audible tyre noise specially 70KPH upwards. I wish, I had done the switch to Michelins.
The integrated Audio is doing a good job, yes it "DOES LACK" the range. but still pretty well balanced I should say. Specially the Joystick type controls on the Steering is really convenient.
The electrically foldable ORVMs are a blessing, but wish they could be folded manually as well! I am always worried that the cleaner may try to fold it manually sometime and end up messing it!
I am planing for a short drive to a nearby Hill, will check out on the Pull the engine can deliver.
Old 26th May 2010, 14:52   #29
BHPian

Congrats @ri on your i20.. hope to join your theme soon
Old 28th May 2010, 13:52   #30
BHPian

@ri, Congrats on the i20. That's one car (CRDi), which is on my radar as my second car.

OT: Are you living in Vijaya Bank apartments, off Bannerghatta road?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks