Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 10:11   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
3 weeks and 1000 Kms... thats nice for me :-)
Thats good going, RI. Looking forward to the first service report. Do you keep a camera permanently in the car to record all significant odo readings ??
Old 7th June 2010, 12:54   #47
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by modthomas View Post
Do you keep a camera permanently in the car to record all significant odo readings ??
Sony Ericsson Cybershot K790i does the trick. The best camera is the one you have on you when the moment happens...
Old 14th June 2010, 08:34   #48
@ri
BHPian

The first "substantial" long dirve

Saturday was the day chosen to really test out "Herbie", take him out on a long drive and have some pure fun. Left home at around 7.30, headed out to the Nice road and carried on to Srirangapatna, Nimishamba temple. Most of the road was good tarmac and I could do good speeds. Overall, the car felt fine, braking was spot-on and yeah...felt I could like little bit more power...but still the i20 was no slouch either. Pickup was good and good top speeds as well.

From Srirangapatna, we decided to head to Talakad and have some fun in the water before returning home. Figured out there is a deviation from Srirangapatna itself so without second thoughts, took it. A road less frequented awaited us. Traffic for most of the journey was non existent except the occasional bullock cart and tractor, but the road was "pathetic"....
The bad roads though, helped me feel the ABS working, initially heard a few "clack" - "clack" noises coming from the front wheels.. and at first thought something was wrong. But then soon realised it was the ABS working dutifully . Most importantly, the suspensions did a good job and I could do good speeds (40 wherabouts) even on those terrible roads.
Finally headed back home via Kankpura to reach by 8.15.
Total Distance travelled : 350 KMs
Top Speed: 140 KPH
Mileage(approx): 16.5 kmpl

Today, Herbie gets his first service at 1600 kms on the ODO. Just hope the Hyundai guys do a good job. Have a complaint with the clutch pedal making a squeal
Old 14th June 2010, 19:30   #49
BHPian

Quote:

From Srirangapatna, we decided to head to Talakad and have some fun in the water before returning home.
How is the water at Talakad? Good for dogs to romp?

Quote:
Today, Herbie gets his first service at 1600 kms on the ODO. Just hope the Hyundai guys do a good job. Have a complaint with the clutch pedal making a squeal
Where have you given the Herbie for service? And, do they come pick up or do you have to drop off ?
Old 14th June 2010, 19:44   #50
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
How is the water at Talakad? Good for dogs to romp?
The water is good and yes ofcourse, if you have a dog... he/she is going to love it. Infact we could see one of the local fox terriers cross the river!!!
But..But...But... your new i20 is NOT going to like the road at all. Just one word for them "PATHETIC"

Quote:
Where have you given the Herbie for service? And, do they come pick up or do you have to drop off ?
Yep and got it back as well... to top it all off.. had to drive back in the rains, so the gleaming shine is gone

I gave it at Advaith, Madhevpura (near whitefield). Had got the contact of one of the service guys, can PM you the name when you need it. He did a good job, atleast got the clutch squeal fixed and set the autolock feature at 40kph. (ensured that nothing funny is done/ worked on). My office is just next door, so they dropped it back. I prefer personally meeting the service guys while giving the car atleast.
Old 15th June 2010, 13:56   #51
BHPian

Quote:
The water is good and yes ofcourse, if you have a dog... he/she is going to love it. Infact we could see one of the local fox terriers cross the river!!!
But..But...But... your new i20 is NOT going to like the road at all. Just one word for them "PATHETIC"
Okay. Will probably try it in the qualis. Would welcome suggestions as to the best way out / back from Blore.

Quote:
I gave it at Advaith, Madhevpura (near whitefield). Had got the contact of one of the service guys, can PM you the name when you need it.
Thanks. Thats close to me as well. Will let you know when the time comes.
Old 26th October 2010, 19:28   #52
Senior - BHPian

Any long term update @ri? Any issues till now?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks