Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2010, 23:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque View Post
Congrats Raju! good that you picked the ebony dash, not sure how it a black Figo will look with coroul. Detailed pics too. any plans for mods? may be a hyper silver alloys?
Mods.. have desire to do it but no $$. Maybe after a year. Lets see. I did start off with a budget of 4.5 lakhs and stretched it to 5.7 for the Figo, so I'll probably go for alloys later than sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Congrats Raju. Keep it safe and without scratches.

You've posted your Vehicle# and your Photo ID card. Just in case you didnt notice.
Yeah just noticed the number plate after I posted it :(.

Any idea if it can be edited? Can mods help?
Old 29th May 2010, 16:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Update:

Fuel Efficiency: The car had run 101km after I had tanked up last. I could fill it up to 8 litres (auto cut-off, no "topup"). So, FE right now is 12.6 kmpl (city driving with AC). Is it good?

Highway Behavior: After filling the tank at Rajakilpakkam, I took the car to Tambaram, GST till Vandalur, took the left to Kelambakkam, OMR, and then back to Medavakkam via Sholinganallur. Had a chance to see how the car behaves on the highway. It definitely feels very planted and 100kmph doesnt feel scary at all. I didnt push it beyond 100 (2500 rpm). Lane changes are very confidence-inspiring and easy. There are a few curves on the Vandalur-Kelambakkam stretch, I threw the car into these at around 60-70kmph (what a thrill!), the car just stayed planted with absolutely no nervousness whatsoever.

DTE: The "distance to empty" seems to be behaving oddly. When I first tanked-up after delivery, the DTE said 526km. Now, after driving a 100km and tankup again, DTE says 456km. After driving 50km after this tankup, it now shows 463km!! (how in the world can DTE increase after driving 50km??)

A few other things I noticed:
1. NVH levels are quite high at 80 to 100kmph.
2. Driving over even a bit of sand or small stones gives that "krrr" sound all over, as if the sand/stones are getting into the car. This happens often, and in fact sound as if the sand/stones are inside the cabin itself!
3. I love the horn sound!
4. At higher speeds, clutching the chunky sporty steering wheel with both hands and feeling the turbo throw the car forward... this feels very, very fun!
Old 1st June 2010, 21:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Ok, noticing a few niggles now:

1. I gave the car a wash with my hose pipe, and after the wash I noticed a lot of water is getting inside the car! What the hell?!

2. I noticed that the "lock" or "unlock" light on the console is blinking continuously after locking the door. It is very dim, almost un-noticeable. I dont know how I missed this during PDI. It just keeps blinking forever. Need to get this checked with first service I guess.

3. Today fully loaded with 5 people, I heard some distinct squeaks from the rear side. Sounded like its coming from either the boot lid assembly or rear suspension, but difficult to make out.

The car is just 5 days old from taking delivery.

Oh and I forgot to mention on the positive side, the car is getting smoother and losing that tight feeling. Still feels awesome to drive.

Just surprised to see niggles so soon.
Old 1st June 2010, 21:56   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
There are a few curves on the Vandalur-Kelambakkam stretch, I threw the car into these at around 60-70kmph (what a thrill!), the car just stayed planted with absolutely no nervousness whatsoever.
Boss, 60-70 KmpH is child's play for a Ford. Take a curve at 100kmph and it will feel like 60kmph

Quote:

2. I noticed that the "lock" or "unlock" light on the console is blinking continuously after locking the door. It is very dim, almost un-noticeable. I dont know how I missed this during PDI. It just keeps blinking forever. Need to get this checked with first service I guess.

3. Today fully loaded with 5 people, I heard some distinct squeaks from the rear side. Sounded like its coming from either the boot lid assembly or rear suspension, but difficult to make out.

The car is just 5 days old from taking delivery.
Not acceptable at all. Take the car to the showroom and make sure they fix it rightaway.

The noise can come from rear suspension or hand brake cable.
Old 1st June 2010, 22:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

The light is supposed to blink. Its the engine immobiliser owner reassurance signal
Old 1st June 2010, 22:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Boss, 60-70 KmpH is child's play for a Ford. Take a curve at 100kmph and it will feel like 60kmph
I know . Just that I am not up to taking curves any faster yet. Also, its a new car, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
The light is supposed to blink. Its the engine immobiliser owner reassurance signal
Oh!!! Thanks, you just put my mind to rest! I wouldn't have even guessed.

Any idea about water getting into the cabin? It was just a mild wash, a normal water wash with a hosepipe. I wonder how much water will get into the car when it rains!
Old 1st June 2010, 23:34   #22

Congrats rajushank84 on your "blackcat". It looks cool in black, but its time you invested on a car duster and a microfibre cloth to keep it clean. Also get that water seeping into your cabin checked at the earliest otherwise all metal components are prone to get rusted especially in Chennai's climate. If you intend to keep it for some years then getting the underbody coating would certainly be worth the money. congrats once again you really are a lucky guy, I have been waiting for my sea grey figo since 45 days !
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

@wonderwheels: Thanks! I too wanted sea grey color, and was told that the waiting period is 50 days. I just mentioned that I am flexible about color, so if they get either black or white beforehand, I would go for it. As my luck turned out, a black Figo was available the next day itself.

If you're not very particular about the color, maybe you can try the same thing. In my case I wanted to get the car quickly so compromised on the color. But now I am glad for it because black looks really cool!
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:14   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea about water getting into the cabin? It was just a mild wash, a normal water wash with a hosepipe. I wonder how much water will get into the car when it rains!
Congrats on your new buy Raju. The rear window glass (without any power windows) has a tendency to automatically roll down when you travel on the highway - i noticed it when i was driving my Figo on the highway. Took it to the dealer and they fixed it in an hour's time.

Also, you may want to consider installing a really good sun film with a higher rate of heat rejection since you have a black exterior and black dash.

The Figo OE seats are really good. Perhaps, you may want to retain the same for sometime and then put on some art leather covers.
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Rajushank!

Thats a good car you got there. Sorry to hear about the small(ish) niggles.
Dont let them dampen your enthusiasm for the new car though!

Happy motoring!
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:41   #26
BHPian

Check the rear windows. They roll down sometimes just a bit because people will be hitting the windowopener when they get in/out or when they travel etc if you get the idea. One of the problems of having no powerwindows in the rear.
Old 2nd June 2010, 12:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-biz View Post
Congrats on your new buy Raju. The rear window glass (without any power windows) has a tendency to automatically roll down when you travel on the highway - i noticed it when i was driving my Figo on the highway. Took it to the dealer and they fixed it in an hour's time.

Also, you may want to consider installing a really good sun film with a higher rate of heat rejection since you have a black exterior and black dash.

The Figo OE seats are really good. Perhaps, you may want to retain the same for sometime and then put on some art leather covers.
Thanks! This is exactly what I am thinking. Will keep a lookout for good VFM seat covers, but if I dont find any I will just drive without any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Congratulations Rajushank!

Thats a good car you got there. Sorry to hear about the small(ish) niggles.
Dont let them dampen your enthusiasm for the new car though!

Happy motoring!
Thanks Sajo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Check the rear windows. They roll down sometimes just a bit because people will be hitting the windowopener when they get in/out or when they travel etc if you get the idea. One of the problems of having no powerwindows in the rear.
Thanks, I didnt check that. Will make sure all windows are tightly closed during the next water wash and see.
Old 2nd June 2010, 14:17   #28

@ rajushank84: thanks for the tip, just called the sales manager and when enquired about the delivery of my Figo, he said that there is an audit going on at Ford itself and that they have stopped delivery for a couple of days time. Hence, I will be able to get mine by 10th or 12th of this month. Not sure about this latest version (lies) from cauvery ford guys at mysore.
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:44   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Oh and I forgot to mention on the positive side, the car is getting smoother and losing that tight feeling. Still feels awesome to drive.
You are the only person who has mentioned that 'tight' feeling. I noticed it especially since my Manza was also new and never felt that way.

Now it has loosened, but beyond 2000RPM it does get vocal when accelerating.

After crisscrossing the Western Ghats, the handling is too good. Have done the Manza on l, the same roads. It has done the same curves with a little roll, whereas the Figo is flat!

Enjoy!
Old 2nd June 2010, 22:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwheels View Post
@ rajushank84: thanks for the tip, just called the sales manager and when enquired about the delivery of my Figo, he said that there is an audit going on at Ford itself and that they have stopped delivery for a couple of days time. Hence, I will be able to get mine by 10th or 12th of this month. Not sure about this latest version (lies) from cauvery ford guys at mysore.
Oh that sucks. How can they stop deliveries of a model which is so highly in demand, just for an audit? Hope you get your car soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

You are the only person who has mentioned that 'tight' feeling. I noticed it especially since my Manza was also new and never felt that way.

Now it has loosened, but beyond 2000RPM it does get vocal when accelerating.

After crisscrossing the Western Ghats, the handling is too good. Have done the Manza on l, the same roads. It has done the same curves with a little roll, whereas the Figo is flat!

Enjoy!
Oh I meant the tightness that comes with the factory-newness. Slightly tight pedals, gear shifter, doors etc. Now it is smoothening out.

Irrelevant update:
Managed to find a guy in my office parking lot who will clean the car thrice a week, at about Rs.50 each time. He does a good job. Looks like this is the practical way to keep the car at least somewhat clean

He also managed to find me some square mats that have friction (fibre) that absorbs dust in such a way that the dust or mud doesnt slide off the mat. Set of 4 for Rs.250. I have put these mats over the OEM cloth mats.

By the way I have decided to drive to Karaikudi and Rameshwaram next weekend (colleague's wedding). That should enable me to complete the run-in smoothly on the highway. Will update about highway FE figures.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks