Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2010, 14:46   #61
BHPian

Agreed! Its not for nothing Zigwheels and Autocar's recent diesel hatch shootouts rates Figo the #1. Its absolute VFM.

Infact, Titanium TDCI is cheaper than Vista QJD Aura+ !!!
I never thought anyone could beat Tata's at their own game.

Last edited by WindRide : 30th July 2010 at 14:53.
Old 30th July 2010, 15:00   #62
RGK
Senior - BHPian

True. Figo outclasses as far as VFM is concerned. Titanium is pick of the hatchback in all diesels is my view at that price. Now I regret of buying EXI (stretched from 4L) instead of Titanium. I do not see any value addition except bluetooth in ZXi. Titanium is true VFM. On enjoying Figo performance, I feel for missing the top-end model..
Old 30th July 2010, 15:18   #63
Adrenalin

I have already booked Ford Figo ZXi Diesel, expected delivery is mid Aug,2010.

Few days before, got a chance to drive Indica Vista Diesel for about 30 mins( around 5-6 kms drive). A friend of mine has bought it. It was relatively new, just a month old. For my experience sake, i just wanted to drive vista. My observations as below

1. I find steering is little more stiffer as compared to figo that i drove. Could be coz of TD vehicle was 8K driven, most of the parts would have loosened up. Neverthless, i did not feel any life in Vista steering.
2. Changing the gears was horribly troublesome. Everytime, i wanted to shift gears i felt that it was getting stuck. I have to de-peddle the clutch once to get it going. It happened most of the time
3. I felt turbo lag heavily. especially while i was up-shifting gear from 2nd to 3rd.

Old 30th July 2010, 15:24   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
True. Figo outclasses as far as VFM is concerned. Titanium is pick of the hatchback in all diesels is my view at that price. Now I regret of buying EXI (stretched from 4L) instead of Titanium. I do not see any value addition except bluetooth in ZXi. Titanium is true VFM. On enjoying Figo performance, I feel for missing the top-end model..
Totally agree. The reason I went for Zxi is, I found the seat comfortable in Figo only when the height adjuster is at maximum height. Maybe it is unique to my height/build/sitting style. I know I will go on long drives, so I had to have this seat height adjust. In addition to that I get the Bluetooth telephony (I get calls everyday both on the way to office and on the way home, so it is used daily), rear wiper + washer (boon when the rear windshield gets dirty) and the electronic ORVM adjustments (again very useful because every time I adjust the seat, I need to adjust this too).
Old 30th July 2010, 17:11   #65
RGK
Senior - BHPian

(I get calls everyday both on the way to office and on the way home, so it is used daily)

This is awesome. Yesterday we had a con call at 6.30, but all want to leave early. Joined in our colleague's titanium and enable BT in my phone. As you know about the OMR traffic, it took exactly 40 min to reach Velachery and the call ended without any issues that the persons sitting at the other end did not even know that we have left office and talking from a car. No doubt BT is a true feature and works very well in Figo. I tested in Tata Manza last week, the audio is not that much audible to the person on the other side.
It is a costly miss for me.
Old 30th July 2010, 17:40   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
(I get calls everyday both on the way to office and on the way home, so it is used daily)

This is awesome. .
It is a costly miss for me.

you can get the OEM HU installed if you already have not done it, it costs around 16K. If you like it so much then you could sell off your current one, what say?
Old 30th July 2010, 18:31   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
you can get the OEM HU installed if you already have not done it, it costs around 16K. If you like it so much then you could sell off your current one, what say?
Or, do what my project manager does with his Santro everyday. Before getting into the car, he clips his classic Bluetooth headset on. He takes meetings and calls as easily and efficiently as I do with Figo .
Old 30th July 2010, 18:58   #68
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Yes. Even before delivery, I asked for BT HU instead of ordinary in EXi. The dealer told that I need to pay 15k extra . Will need to check with other dealers or any alterations can be done. But OEM is always better

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Or, do what my project manager does with his Santro everyday. Before getting into the car, he clips his classic Bluetooth headset on. He takes meetings and calls as easily and efficiently as I do with Figo .
Ha Ha. Bluetooth headset - I have one in my door pocket. I do not charge it regularly. Neither it has the convenience of integrated BT nor crystal clear performance.
Old 16th August 2010, 20:34   #69
Senior - BHPian

Update - 1st service done

First service done today at OMR MPL, at 2600km on the odo.

Positives:
- Car feels much smoother after the service
- Revs slightly more freely in 1st and 2nd gears
- They fitted the broken rear mudflap at no extra cost
- Interior cleaning is done really well
- They picked up the car and dropped it. I didn't have to go car-less for a day as I used to with Tata.
- Fuel level has not gone down after service. Odo reads exactly the distance between my office to the service centre and back.
- Bill came to Rs.1300

Small negatives:
- The service advisor said in the morning that he will deliver the car by 4:30PM and will call me once the work is done. I just kept working and suddenly realized its 6PM, and no call from the service center! I called them and was informed that everything is done. I was wondering why I was not informed... in fact, no follow up from the service advisor asking if everything is ok, confirming the bill amount etc. I didn't hear from him at all after he took the car in the morning.
- I had to call like 5 times before they dropped the car. My office is on OMR too, so its not far at all. Finally I got the car at 7:30 PM after a lot of waiting.
- Despite my insistence, they have not done wheel alignment! But the car doesn't pull so much to the left as it did before. I'm a bit confused..
- As the odo reading is the exact distance between office to service center, obviously no testing has been done after the service. I think it is a quick oil-change-and-clean kind of service.
- Seat height and position were all changed. It was as pulled forward as much as possible, height at maximum and leaned ridiculously forward. I'm still trying to get that comfortable position back.

Overall I am happy. The car does feel smoother after the service, and the driver who dropped the car at office confirmed that they indeed did change the engine oil (I asked him after tipping him 100 rupees). Interior cleaning is good, and most importantly the service is done without my having to budge from a normal day of work, at a reasonable price.
Old 16th August 2010, 21:59   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agreed! But if we are comparing top-end variants (Titanium with VDI ABS) priced similarly, again the game is over before it begins!
Er..., Since I was looking at the same segment, and was closely looking at both the Figo and Swift, I felt that the noise levels in the Figo diesel was significantly higher than Swift diesel.

Also, the pick up was a lil sluggish atleast in the first gear, inspite of being 1400 cc.

Do you guys feel the same way too?
Old 16th August 2010, 22:28   #71
BANNED

hi Raju,

Congrats for owning this fantastlc car. I have read many good reviews about Figo. One small querry. From inside photograph I guess ( it is really a wild guess ), the A frame obstrction is more than Swift/i10. What is you expereince?
Old 17th August 2010, 00:26   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish-iitm View Post
hi Raju,

Congrats for owning this fantastlc car. I have read many good reviews about Figo. One small querry. From inside photograph I guess ( it is really a wild guess ), the A frame obstrction is more than Swift/i10. What is you expereince?
Thanks Krish. Sorry I don't remember the A pillars of i10 and Swift. But I don't face any visibility problem with Figo. Except maybe sometimes when I reverse the car I'm not as confident as I was with Indica. Maybe it's because I'm not used to it's dimensions esp the huge wheelbase.
Old 17th August 2010, 14:08   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First service done today at OMR MPL, at 2600km on the odo.

Positives:
- Car feels much smoother after the service
- Revs slightly more freely in 1st and 2nd gears
- They fitted the broken rear mudflap at no extra cost
- Interior cleaning is done really well
- They picked up the car and dropped it. I didn't have to go car-less for a day as I used to with Tata.
- Fuel level has not gone down after service. Odo reads exactly the distance between my office to the service centre and back.
- Bill came to Rs.1300

Small negatives:
- The service advisor said in the morning that he will deliver the car by 4:30PM and will call me once the work is done. I just kept working and suddenly realized its 6PM, and no call from the service center! I called them and was informed that everything is done. I was wondering why I was not informed... in fact, no follow up from the service advisor asking if everything is ok, confirming the bill amount etc. I didn't hear from him at all after he took the car in the morning.
- I had to call like 5 times before they dropped the car. My office is on OMR too, so its not far at all. Finally I got the car at 7:30 PM after a lot of waiting.
- Despite my insistence, they have not done wheel alignment! But the car doesn't pull so much to the left as it did before. I'm a bit confused..
- As the odo reading is the exact distance between office to service center, obviously no testing has been done after the service. I think it is a quick oil-change-and-clean kind of service.
- Seat height and position were all changed. It was as pulled forward as much as possible, height at maximum and leaned ridiculously forward. I'm still trying to get that comfortable position back.

Overall I am happy. The car does feel smoother after the service, and the driver who dropped the car at office confirmed that they indeed did change the engine oil (I asked him after tipping him 100 rupees). Interior cleaning is good, and most importantly the service is done without my having to budge from a normal day of work, at a reasonable price.
Update: Got a follow up call from another person today. He called and stressed that they "did" do the wheel alignment, and they "did" test the car after alignment. Makes me wonder if they are following the threads on team-bhp . If they are, that is great. It means they are going extra mile to see whether customers are happy with the service, and that they care.

He mentioned that the driver who dropped my car yesterday had forgotten to hand over the wheel alignment "slip" or something like that.

Anyway, I am planning to properly test it on a highway in the weekend.

Last edited by rajushank84 : 17th August 2010 at 14:09.
Old 18th August 2010, 08:47   #74
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish-iitm View Post
hi Raju,

Yes A pillar is a hindrance. You may not feel it when you used to it, but need to be careful on the ghat roads while taking right blind turns. I have mentioned in my ownership thread.

@raju - ask for the wheel alignment slip to confirm yourself. yes. Only oil change, water washing, interior cleaning - in first service.
Wash fluid need not be changed - but they do it and charge. I think they check the tightness of critical bolts and nuts esp engine mounts, steering ends etc

Last edited by RGK : 18th August 2010 at 09:02.
Old 18th August 2010, 13:15   #75
Senior - BHPian

They just change oil and wash the car. Period.

Maybe there are exceptions.

And in this case i doubt if they would have done the alignment. Coz i'm pretty sure they would have charged you if it was done on request.

The only A.S.S i have seen that adhere to periodic maintenance procedures are Toyota. And that surely shows on their cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks