Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 01:51   #31
BHPian

Quote:
..he said that there is an audit going on at Ford itself..
Sounds dubious to me too. It does not make sense for any car manufacturer to stop the production line, they are just losing money that way.
Old 3rd June 2010, 08:47   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Any idea about water getting into the cabin? It was just a mild wash, a normal water wash with a hosepipe. I wonder how much water will get into the car when it rains!
Not sure. Maybe the rear windows were not fully rolled up. Its got a tendency to open up a bit on its own after some running.
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:07   #33
BHPian

Congratulations on your new Figo. By the way, from the pictures I guess that you live in Medavakkam, Chennai. Am I right?
Old 5th June 2010, 20:16   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Oh I meant the tightness that comes with the factory-newness. Slightly tight pedals, gear shifter, doors etc. Now it is smoothening out.

Will update about highway FE figures.
Oh! I thought you meant the engine. With a new Manza and Figo to compare, I sort of felt the Figo to be a little tight.

Looking forward to your highway fuel efficiency figures!
Old 5th June 2010, 20:50   #35
BHPian

HI. What DTE figure did you get when you first got a full tank?
Old 5th June 2010, 22:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Oh! I thought you meant the engine. With a new Manza and Figo to compare, I sort of felt the Figo to be a little tight.

Looking forward to your highway fuel efficiency figures!
Checked once so far, the figure was 12.6. Will check again tomorrow. But I expect it to be on the lower side because I was sitting around 45 mins in a traffic jam with engine, AC and music on today, so that would have consumed some diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
HI. What DTE figure did you get when you first got a full tank?
First time I filled tank when getting delivery, the DTE figure was 526. I drove for 100kms and filled tank again (it took 8 litres), and the DTE showed 456.
Old 5th June 2010, 22:23   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Congratulations on your new Figo. By the way, from the pictures I guess that you live in Medavakkam, Chennai. Am I right?
HI joe, yes I live in Medavakkam. Are you here? I already identified a couple of bhpians in Medavakkam, maybe we should meet up in Sowmiya Bhavan .
Old 5th June 2010, 22:27   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HI joe, yes I live in Medavakkam. Are you here? I already identified a couple of bhpians in Medavakkam, maybe we should meet up in Sowmiya Bhavan .

Hi Rajushanks,
Firstly congrats on your car.

Secondly, I also live near Medavakkam (camp road to be precise) you can count me in too
Old 5th June 2010, 22:29   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Hi Rajushanks,
Firstly congrats on your car.

Secondly, I also live near Medavakkam (camp road to be precise) you can count me in too
Thanks xingamazon, sure!
Old 5th June 2010, 23:41   #40
BHPian

Wow. My guess was correct. I remember those streets at Medavakkam Sowmya Nagar since 10 years and even today, there are no roads yet.

Sure, we can meet once. Keep posting your cars performance here. Even I could be another prospective Figo customer.
Old 6th June 2010, 01:27   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Wow. My guess was correct. I remember those streets at Medavakkam Sowmya Nagar since 10 years and even today, there are no roads yet.

Sure, we can meet once. Keep posting your cars performance here. Even I could be another prospective Figo customer.
Sivagami Nagar, actually. These local "associations" keep fighting with the local "panchayat thalaivar", so there are no roads yet .

Sure, will keep posting details about the Figo's performance. Right now getting opportunity only for city bumper to bumper driving which I have to say is a bit difficult in Figo because the minimum speed in 1st gear is too much. Waiting to take it out on the highway. I did just once and it was awesome.

Feel free to ping me if you want to see the car anytime, if you are wondering whether to buy the Figo.
Old 6th June 2010, 10:59   #42
BHPian

Thanks for the mention. Sure, I would ping you once I find time.

Can you post your FE figures that you get in the city?

Team-BHP is aesome and there is a wealth of information for any person who ants to buy a car. Worth the time spending here before investing in Lacks for a product.
Old 6th June 2010, 18:20   #43
Senior - BHPian

Went to the bunk today to tank up and check FE, the bunk girl said (after she started fillin), that there is no auto cutoff. Looks like I will have to wait for next tankful to check FE :(

Went for a Mahabalipuram-Tirukalukundram-Chengalpet drive. Felt awesome, but traffic was too much today.
Old 11th June 2010, 18:55   #44
Senior - BHPian

Today after parking the car (reversed in a very slight downward slope I may add), I found the Distance To Empty indicator behaving very odd while I was doing the usual 1-minute idling before switching off the engine. Looks like it was having some problems making up its mind .

Video:

Is the DTE dancing to the song?
Old 11th June 2010, 19:48   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Today after parking the car (reversed in a very slight downward slope I may add), I found the Distance To Empty indicator behaving very odd while I was doing the usual 1-minute idling before switching off the engine. Looks like it was having some problems making up its mind .

Video: YouTube - MOV00004.3gp

Is the DTE dancing to the song?

it has been mentioned in the DTE faq provided by ford that at inclines the DTE might give abnormal figures and it will be rectified as soon as the car levels up.

warm regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks