Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2010, 09:28   #76

couplers for speakers and FM antenna

Hi guys, just got my new polo. not able to get connectors for the Speakers and FM antenna. installers insists it has to connected w/o using couplers- since car is new couplers not available. Even antenna coupler to be cut. HELP!!!!!!
Old 15th June 2010, 10:36   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavitpal View Post
Hi guys, just got my new polo. not able to get connectors for the Speakers and FM antenna. installers insists it has to connected w/o using couplers- since car is new couplers not available. Even antenna coupler to be cut. HELP!!!!!!
I haven't got any idea how to deal with the couplers but only read in some posts and you can also have a look to it. However, the POLO owners would be able to help you out more than I do. Let me know how you were able to do it.

check post No. 69
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...en-polo-5.html
Old 20th June 2010, 18:20   #78

really nice.

Guys I need some help. My family is planning on buying a new car. I have narrowed my options to polo or fabia. Diesels my Dad might even push the limit upto a linea.
Comments anyone?
Old 20th June 2010, 23:14   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Wouldn't touch the Fabia after reading the stuff about Skoda A-S-S on this site. Furthermore, I wouldn't touch one after having been a passenger in one in the UK last year. Noisy and uncomfortable.

I'm hoping that the experience of VW-in-India will be different.
Old 20th June 2010, 23:47   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chax View Post
really nice.

Guys I need some help. My family is planning on buying a new car. I have narrowed my options to polo or fabia. Diesels my Dad might even push the limit upto a linea.
Comments anyone?
Hi Chax,

If you have narrowed your search to Polo and Fabia, it would be better to go for POLO. If it`s diesel, more so because it seems VW is delivering diesel with less waiting periods than Petrol ( as mentioned by other members in the forum ) and the mileage quoted by owners are excellent. VW is taking India seriously and the way they are advertising and launching new models, they are taking India very seriously, so A** and other factors related to post purchase can only improve. In fact in diesel today there are other options available as well, eg. Figo diesel, i20 (please ignore these if not in your shortlist). I suppose Linea is in a segement above hatchbacks.
Old 21st June 2010, 16:19   #81

I think it should be POLO. A comfortable, well built, classy looking and fuel efficient hatchback. Fabia though coming from the same family just lacks the lustre a lil bit. Anyway why opt for a car thats never hardly sold.
Old 29th October 2010, 23:36   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi folks, I have had my polo TDI for 5 months now, with about 3000 km on the ODO. It has been a good experience so far.

About 3 months back, I got a nice set of upsized (15 inch) HRS alloys on my Polo, and Michelin 185-60-15 tyres (same size as in highline) - will post photos shortly.

From last 5 months of ownership, here are the highlights:

• Engine has definitely got smoother, it is much less noisy after the first 5 minutes of use every day.
  • The FE has improved, it used to be 13-14 and now it is closer to 15 (I have majority city driving, with a lot of start-stop driving, plus I tend to not go easy on the pedals!)
  • The coin holder in the glove compartment is one of the best features as far as I am concerned, with my having to pay daily toll of Rs.19 or Rs.35, the handy place for coins comes in very useful.
  • The bottle holders on the front doors have not refused to accept any bottle so far even the 1.5 litre Aquafinas!
  • The light clutch pedal is a blessing in absolutely start-stop traffic
  • Still get a lot of attention on the roads, the polo is stioll pretty rare.
  • I detest the new revised rear bading in the polos, with the long ugly VOLKSWAGEN written all over the back....I am thankful I got an early Polo which does not haev this :>))
  • My after-market Balupunkt ICE system is working very well.
  • Have not bottomed out even once despite venturing into some very rough roads in the last few months
  • Paint quality is really good. Even some mild brushing against fairly hard things like tree branches etc. does not seem to create any scratches
  • No major mechanical or other issues with the car so far...touchwood!
DISLIKES
  • Makes a rattle in the mornign after the initial starts, in the first and second gears. It is a little better if I can warm her up for 2-3 minutes before I move.
  • When starting after rainy days/nights, the brake makes a loud screeching noise during the first 4-5 applications.
  • The left side of the horn seems to develop some loose contact after using for 20-30 minutes. Takes stronger and longer presses. I had this checked out at the dealer and they could not find anythign wrong. The problem does not arise on the right side of the horn. Not sure if anyone had seen this.
Other than these few small irritants/niggles it has been a solid car adn a very good and engaging ownership experience for the last 5 months.

best of luck to all new polo owners - I see a lot of you these days.
Old 30th October 2010, 00:54   #83
BHPian

84.monsoon: My regrets. I can't believe how or why I missed your thread for so long.

Your Polo looks an absolute stunner! Each and every time I come back to a picture of the Polo in that Flash Red, I feel captivated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Wouldn't touch the Fabia after reading the stuff about Skoda A-S-S on this site. Furthermore, I wouldn't touch one after having been a passenger in one in the UK last year. Noisy and uncomfortable.

I'm hoping that the experience of VW-in-India will be different.
Hey Thad, I am looking forward to the day when you finally decide on one. Maybe both you & I will be in the same queue for a Polo 1.4 FSI or 1.6 TDI?

Perhaps, but i would like mine with AT . At my age, i don't think I can handle Bangalore traffic without AT.
Old 30th October 2010, 01:38   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

And maybe there will be a few more false alarms and then I'll be buying a car that may not exist yet, a year or three down the line.

No breath holding advised on this one!
Old 13th January 2011, 16:46   #85
BHPian

Re: Meet my new Polo TDI Trendline

84.monsoon: Can you please post pics of your HRS alloy wheels? Also can you mention what type of michelins did you purchase to go with them? Iam expecting my Polo sometime this month, cant wait!!
Thanks,
Varun
Old 23rd January 2011, 22:44   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi
I am posting some pictures of my HRS alloys as requested. I have had them now for almost 6 months on my Polo TDI Trendline. I chose the black rims to match with the black door handles and side mirror enclosures. This gives a bit of contrast to the bright red color of the car. I personally find the end-to-end red of the highline Polo a bit monotonous.

I got Michelin XM1 Energy tires. The dealer (BM Lal) has a nice collection fo alloy wheels. Since my stock tires were brand new at the time, the dealer exchanged them for a set of 5 SRS alloys +Michelin tires for a reasonable net amount.

Best of luck for the new owners. Good to see more polos on the road. It still feels pretty exclusive - the quality is obvious at first sight and there are still not that many on the road.
Attached Thumbnails
Meet my new Polo TDI Trendline-img_1908.jpg  

Meet my new Polo TDI Trendline-img_1910.jpg  

Meet my new Polo TDI Trendline-img_1923.jpg  

Meet my new Polo TDI Trendline-img_1927.jpg  

Meet my new Polo TDI Trendline-img_1918.jpg  

Meet my new Polo TDI Trendline-img_1921.jpg  

Meet my new Polo TDI Trendline-img_1920.jpg  

84.monsoon is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2011, 23:22   #87
Senior - BHPian

The last pic looks really neat and shows the true prowess of the car

Would have personally preferred if the alloys were in full black, but this is also good none the less
Old 23rd January 2011, 23:27   #88
Senior - BHPian

Nice choice of alloys - they look really clean and match the polo's simple and sporty lines!
Old 24th January 2011, 00:18   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

That looks really nice.

I like the clean, bright lines of the simple five-point-star spokes against the black. Excellent choice, and really enhances the looks of the Polo, which is a good-looking car anyway

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 24th January 2011 at 00:19.
Old 24th January 2011, 22:22   #90
BHPian

Very neat alloys.
Predominantly flame red and black, and a splash of silver !
A timeless sporty combo.
Awewsome 84.monsoon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks