Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesAndSmiles View Post
On Thursday after noon I was intimated by the bank that the loan was thru and I can remit the balance payment, so I went to Concorde and made the initial payment and asked for delivery on Monday 31st July.
Congrats on your car. seems you were so excited about the beauty that you lost track of months.

congrats once again and drive safe.
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:07   #17
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post
do you know the adapter supports playing Apple lossless files? If it's just mp3 I'm better off sticking to USB.
The information booklet says, the Fiat Blue&Me Media Player Adaptor is made for all types of iPods/iPhones and with this devise, you can play tracks stored in an iPod or iPhone through the USB socket of the in-car Blue&Me system. Another advantage I found was iPod gets charged simultaneously while playing, which is real multitasking, I must say!

Old 2nd June 2010, 18:15   #18
BHPian

congrats bro on your new car. Now we know whom to contact for getting good service for sure from concorde, kochi
upload some more snaps please
OT - where is concorde located in kochi?
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
The information booklet says, the Fiat Blue&Me Media Player Adaptor is made for all types of iPods/iPhones and with this devise, you can play tracks stored in an iPod or iPhone through the USB socket of the in-car Blue&Me system. Another advantage I found was iPod gets charged simultaneously while playing, which is real multitasking, I must say!
Thanks, I've ordered one of ebay. Will see how it progresses, Saves from running around with multiple sources.
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Congratulations, MilesAndSmiles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
If im not working i think one of our fellow bhpian also had the same experience when he got his car( i think it was manza , not 100% sure though).
That would be me. The number of people vary. It depends upon the rapport you have with the sales people, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
OT - where is concorde located in kochi?
Almost opposite the GM showroom on the byepass.

And personally I am happy both with the sales as well as the service so far.
Old 2nd June 2010, 22:28   #21
BHPian

Blue & Me and My Car

While taking delivery of the car, they were showing me the features of Blue & Me and when we tried to pair my phone, it would not pair properly. We had tried with a few other phones and those worked, and then I decided I'll look at it at leisure. I had looked at Fiat web site and found the update to version 5.4 with instructions. I promptly downloaded the update and done as per the instructions to update the Blue & Me in the Linea. The actual update process took about 10 minutes and my Nokia E66 got paired on the first attempt and then my phone book was copied to the car. I was straight away able to make and receive calls using the steering mounted controls. The voice quality is really good and I am sure I am going to enjoy this one feature more on this car. I have tried the voice commands for Blue & Me and the lady and me are not in terms yet. She makes me repeat the commands over and over. May be it will take some time get accustomed to each other .

Another thing which intrigued me on the initial hours was the average mileage displayed in the My Car . It was then showing 8.4 kmpl with a total distance of 54kms and tonight it is showing 10.4kmpl with a total of 168 kms. I guess it will get better as more miles are covered.
My Fiat Linea MJD Emotion Pack Medium Grey-average.jpg
Old 3rd June 2010, 07:25   #22
BHPian

Thank you all for the wishes and the warm welcome to the FIAT family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Concorde Motors Cochin? I may need your help very soon (hopefully!!)
Just PM me when you need any help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Congrats on your car. seems you were so excited about the beauty that you lost track of months.
You are absolutely correct. I am wondering how I made the mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
congrats bro on your new car. Now we know whom to contact for getting good service for sure from concorde, kochi
You will get good service for sure from Concorde, Kochi.
Old 14th June 2010, 09:02   #23
BHPian

1000 Kms update

I have completed 1000kms on the Linea yesterday (12th day ) without major issues. Occasionally I get an error in the display which says check glow plugs when I start the car. This does not happen every morning or every time I start the car. The service people said not to worry too much about this and they will check it when I take the car for service next time. So I did not bother to take the car to the service just for this. So far I have not exceeded 100 kmph on my Linea, and within this limit the ride and handling is very good. On an occasion when I had to apply the brakes at about 95kmph, the car stopped, thanks to ABS, without any skids or screeches, which gives me confidence to be on this car. If this was on my earlier Swift VXI, I am sure the car would have been all over the road!.

My Fiat Linea MJD Emotion Pack Medium Grey-1000kms.jpg
Average mileage I got so far on the display is 13kmpl, and it was on a mix of 50% City, 50% Highway and with 100% A/c mostly 3 passengers. I guess it will get better. I had one long drive to Calicut and back and on this drive, I found the in car audio system to be adequate for a person like me. I had my collections of songs on an 8 gb pen drive, the controls on the steering is good to pick your choice from the pen drive. A few of my friends have suggested to install an amp and different set of speakers for enhanced audio experience. I am searching thru the ICE section for more ideas on this.

My Fiat Linea MJD Emotion Pack Medium Grey-seat1.jpg
My Fiat Linea MJD Emotion Pack Medium Grey-seat2.jpg
I had put on new seat covers, which cost Rs.7200/-. This is original Linea accessory from Concorde Motors. It is of art leather, the quality of the material seems good but the fit is not to my expectations, I should say. Due to the continued drive in the rains, the car is now dirty and hence I could not take more pictures.
Old 14th June 2010, 11:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
I had one long drive to Calicut and back and on this drive,
Did you keep track of the mileage on this trip? Recently I also had a trip that side and thought could compare!

If you have the efficiency figures, could you put it up?
Old 14th June 2010, 11:43   #25
BHPian

Congrats on the new Linea !! It will definately prove your handle name (milesandsmiles) right !!

And yeah to get a correct reading of your milage do not forget to reset the tripmeters on every long drive. I make it a point to reset the trip meter once I fill the tank.

--VIkrant

Last edited by vikrantj : 14th June 2010 at 11:45.
Old 14th June 2010, 12:42   #26
BHPian

MilesAndSmiles,

Many congrarts for owning the Beauty!

Regarding the check glow plugs, I too got the same message on my Linea (MJD) around 5K mark. Initially it was random but later it would appear everytime I started the car. Went to my TASS, they checked the glow plugs and found nothing wrong with it,they removed the error message with the help of a computer. You need not worry about it. You can get it rectified during 1st service. Sharing my complete experience and the advise I got from Fiat Technician about starting the engine to help prevent such messages. Hope it helps.

Fiat Technician asked me if I turn the ignition on-off 2-3 times before starting the car in morning or after long delay.
I said no. I was not aware.
He said its a common practice for most of the diesel engines. Should have been told by the Sales person during delivery process. Before you crank the engine you turn ignition on-off 2-3 times per below procedure. It heats up the glow plugs. Since yours is a diesel cars I suggest you follow below steps ( of turning the ignition on-off) about 2-3 times in the morning or when you are starting your car after more than 8-10hrs to allow your glow plugs to heat before you crank the engine,

Glow Plug Heating Procedure:
1. Turn the ignition on (make sure your headlight, AC and other electricals are switched off to prevent sudden battery discharge)
2. The Glow Plug symbol turns on (its a yellow rectangular symbol on the bottom right corner of your IP) and after sometime it goes off
3. After the glow plug symbol goes off turn the ignition off
4. Repeat steps 1-3 about 2-3 times
5. Now you are ready to crank the engine

Cranking Procedure:
1. Turn the ignition on (make sure your headlight, AC and other electricals are switched off to prevent sudden battery discharge)
2. The Glow Plug symbol turns on (its a yellow rectangular symbol on the bottom right corner of your IP) and after sometime it goes off
3. Now crank the engine

I have been following this since then and haven't seen the message.

Quote:
Occasionally I get an error in the display which says check glow plugs when I start the car.

Last edited by Autocop : 14th June 2010 at 12:44. Reason: Correction in text
Autocop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2010, 12:47   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
Fiat Technician asked me if I turn the ignition on-off 2-3 times before starting the car in morning or after long delay.
I said no. I was not aware.
The present generation of glow plugs are very efficient ones and hardly need any time to do their jobs.

If all of them are working properly, they don't need a second / third chance to heat up.

I would not agree with the Fiat technician here. Not even my almost 5 year old Marina needs such a procedure (when all 4 glow plugs work).
Old 14th June 2010, 12:54   #28
BHPian

Autocop,

I would not agree to what the technician has said. I use the cranking mechanism that you have described (basically waiting for the glow plugs to be ready) and then crank the engine. I have been using Punto MJD for little close to 9 months now and I don't have any issues with the MID showing any Glow Plug problem.

IMHO if you are trying to crank the engine with cold Glow plugs then you might get that error.
Old 14th June 2010, 13:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

Even I don't have any glow plug issues - I get it right the first time.

What the Fiat technician is suggesting will hide a problem - not fix it. I think you should try to get the problem rectified.
Old 14th June 2010, 13:50   #30
Senior - BHPian

Cranking Procedure:
3. Now crank the engine

These steps are enough and i've been following the steps from day one and haven't faced any issues till now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks