Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2010, 23:35   #1
BHPian

My Fiat Linea MJD Emotion Pack Medium Grey

This forum had helped me a lot in deciding my next car after the 2005 model Swift VXI. Most of my doubts and queries regarding used and brand new cars were already answered in the various threads. The experience and information shared by the members in the various threads was invaluable.

I was in search for a diesel sedan, and the short listed ones were a pre worshiped Ford Fiesta or a Skoda Octavia. I was searching for a good buy in the previous months, but fortunately I could not find one. While I was searching for a used car a couple of my friends had bought Linea in the month of March and they were of very high opinion of the car. This had slowly made me to decide to buy a new Linea, but then the budget was a constrain. Another very strong reason to decide on the new Linea was that my wife is the showroom Manager in Concorde Motors. Now after a couple of months I was able to buy a new Fiat Linea MJD Em Pk.

Last Monday my Swift was sold and on Tuesday I had applied for a loan with Axis Bank. I had checked with Concorde Motors and they said they had a Medium Grey Linea MJD Em Pk in stock and we liked the color as it was more similar to the color of our Swift which was Azure Grey. On Thursday after noon I was intimated by the bank that the loan was thru and I can remit the balance payment, so I went to Concorde and made the initial payment and asked for delivery on Monday 31st July. I had taken a print of the Team BHP PDI list and asked my wife to do the PDI which she had done along with her senior colleagues.

Almost everything I wanted in a new car was there on the Linea, except sun control film. The accessory shop at Concorde had only Garware with them, which I did not like much. I had visited an accessory shop and they had offered me 3M SP50 for side windows and back glass for Rs.2000/- and offered to fix it on the car before I take delivery, which was very convenient for me. Since monsoon was about to start, I wanted to have a set of rubber mats. The same shop had offered me a set for Rs.550/-. The deal was fixed and they had done their job beautifully on Sunday.

On Monday, I reached Concorde Motors with my children to take delivery of the car by 3.00 pm. My wife introduced me to the sales person to complete the documentation which took a few minutes and I got introduced to many of my wife’s colleagues. At about 3.30pm I was told that the car is ready. I came out of the showroom and that was when I saw my car for the first time.

My Fiat Linea MJD Emotion Pack Medium Grey-linea.jpg

They had given me a run down on the routine checks to be performed like checking the oil level once in a week and to wait for the indicator light to go off before starting the engine etc. Once this was over, to my surprise, most of the staff of Concorde Motors was there to deliver the car. Sri.P.Sivadasan, GM Service of Concorde Motors handed over me the keys in the presence of my family and the staff of Concorde Motors. I took delivery of the car and took it to the next petrol pump and filled the tank. Then we went to the church to get the car blessed.

My Fiat Linea MJD Emotion Pack Medium Grey-delivery.jpg
MilesAndSmiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2010, 01:29   #2
BHPian

Congrats !
Welcome to the Linea club. You have made the right choice.

More pictures please. I like the second picture of the entire concorde staff present for the handing over.

Enjoy and happy motoring.
Old 2nd June 2010, 01:40   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations!!! Miles and Smiles, we expect a proper review and lots of pictures.
Old 2nd June 2010, 08:21   #4
BHPian

Congrats, Linea will go many miles and will bring oodles of smiles. Medium Grey is looking quite sober.
Old 2nd June 2010, 08:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, Welcome to the 'Fiat Family' . I'm hopefully waiting for the detailed review with lots and lots of pictures

Happy and Safe Motoring
Old 2nd June 2010, 09:49   #6
BHPian

congratz buddy!
Do post a few more pics
Old 2nd June 2010, 09:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congarts MilesAndSmiles,

Welcome to Fiat Linea Club.
Hope you and Family members are enjoying the Beauty.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:15   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats MilesAndSmiles. Welcome to the FIAT family. Do enjoy many more miles with the Linea.

Do post more pictures of the car and the initial impression during the ownership.
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:10   #9
BHPian

Thank You all!!

I am proud to own my new Linea. More photos and Blue & Me upgrade to 5.4, which I had done will come soon.
Old 2nd June 2010, 12:06   #10
J.Ravi

Congratulations and best wishes for happy and safe motoring with your new Fiat Linea, MilesAndSmiles.

Since you have already updated to Blue&Me v5.4, you may as well buy Fiat Blue&Me Media Player Adaptor from ebay.co.uk so that you can enjoy unlimited and uninterrupted songs and music from iPod, while it gets charged simultaneously, especially on long trips.

Old 2nd June 2010, 12:16   #11
BHPian

Heartiest Congrtulations MilesAndSmiles! Linea is a beauty to own. It makes you smile every morning when you see it for the first time, when you get in and get comfortable and while you are in the car!!

Enjoy to the fullest!

Is this a 2010 version? Please do post a lot of photographs.
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:57   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Congratulations and best wishes for happy and safe motoring with your new Fiat Linea, MilesAndSmiles.

Since you have already updated to Blue&Me v5.4, you may as well buy Fiat Blue&Me Media Player Adaptor from ebay.co.uk so that you can enjoy unlimited and uninterrupted songs and music from iPod, while it gets charged simultaneously, especially on long trips.
Sorry for an OT question. Ravi - do you know the adapter supports playing Apple lossless files? If it's just mp3 I'm better off sticking to USB.
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:26   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesAndSmiles View Post
Another very strong reason to decide on the new Linea was that my wife is the showroom Manager in Concorde Motors.
Concorde Motors Cochin? I may need your help very soon (hopefully!!)
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:35   #14
BHPian

Heartiest Congrtulations MilesAndSmiles for your new venture !!!!

Welcome to FIAT family !!!
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:47   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations !
And the whole staff coming over while you got your keys delivered must have felt good , isnt it . If im not working i think one of our fellow bhpian also had the same experience when he got his car( i think it was manza , not 100% sure though).
Anyways , drive safe and NJOY.
Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks