Team-BHP - The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/82984-sea-grey-shark-attack-fiesta-1-6s-delivered-2.html)

Congratulations, Capt.! Very nice pics.

Wish you many thousands of happy kilometers and hours with the new lady!

Hope to read your updates frequently.

Regards,
Damu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damu (Post 1923456)
Congratulations, Capt.! Very nice pics.

Wish you many thousands of happy kilometers and hours with the new lady!

Hope to read your updates frequently.

Regards,
Damu

thanks for the compliments and encouragement Damu.

I would love to keep updating about this great car frequently. There are manu enthusiastic Fiesta owners here on TBHP and we just cant stop raving about this car!! No other car in India has such loyalists im sure!

Fantastic narrative capt. I can sense your excitement from over a 1000 miles away. You have pretty much covered everything there is to know about a 1.6S. I saw a Paprika Red 1.6S for the first time today and boy, that one looked great as well. Your Sea Gray looks equally fabulous in the pics and I bet it looks even better in person. :thumbs up As the ACI editor put it, the S is truly special and only the ones that own and drive one understand that. Have fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by capt_rocker (Post 1923444)
Accessories planned as of now are not significant. Just going in for 3M sunfilms, underbody coating and maybe Teflon coating. Can anyone tell me if Teflon coating is worth the effort?
Later on plan to add parking sensors and a GPS navigating system from Satnav or MapmyIndia.

Any accessories I may be missing? Pls lemme know.

Get the 3M underbody protection and 3M paint protection. You should be able to get them for 4.5-5K if you take both together. Else they cost ~3K each. Well worth it. I will take some day time pics of my car and put them up tomorrow. The paint still glimmers as if it stepped out of a showroom yesterday.

Hats Off Captain !!!

One Of The Best Colours I Have Ever Seen For A Car

Bored Of Seeing Regular Colours On Roads

This Is Something Unique And New

Going Fida On The Colour.

super report captain, awesome looking color as well!! the S looks hot in all the color's IMO. congratulations and wish you many miles of happy motoring!! :)

@gilead - curious, does the 3m paint protection treatment help in removing/avoiding swirls, light scratches on the body surface from washing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilead (Post 1923846)
Fantastic narrative capt. I can sense your excitement from over a 1000 miles away. You have pretty much covered everything there is to know about a 1.6S. I saw a Paprika Red 1.6S for the first time today and boy, that one looked great as well. Your Sea Gray looks equally fabulous in the pics and I bet it looks even better in person. :thumbs up As the ACI editor put it, the S is truly special and only the ones that own and drive one understand that. Have fun.

Get the 3M underbody protection and 3M paint protection. You should be able to get them for 4.5-5K if you take both together. Else they cost ~3K each. Well worth it. I will take some day time pics of my car and put them up tomorrow. The paint still glimmers as if it stepped out of a showroom yesterday.

thanx Gilead, im very proud of my possession. paprika red is super. mee thinks the 1.6S looks good in all colors. I have seen only one Aquarius S in Delhi till now. I keep looking for the S badge in all Fiestas. There are many Fiestas here but spotting an S has been rare!

The dealer is offering a 7k package for 3M under body coating and teflon paint protection. is it worth it or shall I get down from outside?

Looking fwd to see your blue monster pics.. pls post them soon..

@ PCS and Ramki, thanks guys for the compliments on the color. I think it looks great but the Aquarius Blue is a certain head turner for sure.

Well Captain now you are really rockin! Congratulations!!

I like the colour. Was the delivery period the only deciding factor or did the name of the shade have a part to play too. What tires did your S come with, are they par for the course are are you going to go in for a tire change. Is the size still a 195/55/R15 or are there any changes there

So many queries but then a hottie like the 'S' demands a complete examination.

Quote:

Originally Posted by

[B
Accessories planned as of now are not significant. Just going in for 3M sunfilms, underbody coating and maybe Teflon coating. Can anyone tell me if Teflon coating is worth the effort?[/b]
Later on plan to add parking sensors and a GPS navigating system from Satnav or MapmyIndia.

Any accessories I may be missing? Pls lemme know.

Teflon Coating (on body?) is not much recommended by this forum (there was a thread related teflon coating and its effects)- so think it prior going for same.
I have fitted parking sensors and also bought a mapmyindia GPS (VX140).
You can see my Thread or other fiesta owners thread for more information about parking sensors and gps (Use the search option to get similar threads)

Quote:

Originally Posted by raamki (Post 1923931)
@gilead - curious, does the 3m paint protection treatment help in removing/avoiding swirls, light scratches on the body surface from washing?

ramki, yes, it does. You get 2 additional free services as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by capt_rocker (Post 1924004)
The dealer is offering a 7k package for 3M under body coating and teflon paint protection. is it worth it or shall I get down from outside?

7K is not worth it. It should not cost more than 6K when taken separately and not more than 5K when it's a combo. Check whether there are independent authorized 3M centres in Delhi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoj (Post 1924054)
Is the size still a 195/55/R15 or are there any changes there

Tire size is still the same. The enthusiast driver could do with better rubber like Continental CPC2, or Yokohama S drive which are available in this size. The stock Goodyear Eagle NCT5 should be good enough for most people though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoj (Post 1924054)
Well Captain now you are really rockin! Congratulations!!

I like the colour. Was the delivery period the only deciding factor or did the name of the shade have a part to play too. What tires did your S come with, are they par for the course are are you going to go in for a tire change. Is the size still a 195/55/R15 or are there any changes there

So many queries but then a hottie like the 'S' demands a complete examination.

@khoj; many thanks!
delivery period for other colors was quoted as 35-40 days as per the dealer. since i needed the car early, i took a chance by taking the Sea Grey but to my surprise, its turned out to be a very good color choice.

The S came with stock 195/55/R15 alloys with Goodyear Eagle NCT5 which are good enough for most drivers. im not planning to change anytime soon.

You are most welcome for any other query re the S. Gilead is a much more experienced owner of the S and can help you out too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by capt_rocker (Post 1924004)
Looking fwd to see your blue monster pics.. pls post them soon..

capt, here are some pics of my steed. As you can see, the car looks pretty good even after 7 months. My neighbor has an identical car which is a year old and it's shine is nowhere close. The 3M paint protection is worth the money. Both my cars are going to get it once in 6 months.
The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered.-fiesta-017.jpg

@gilead

The steed looks delicious to ride on.:D I guess the streets are empty since the steed is getting ready for a ride.

@ capt

I wish to see gilead's blue steed and your sea grey shark side by side. It will be typical North South meet. But atleast the BHPians can enjoy the meaty looking machines and drool over it. What say???:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilead (Post 1925996)
capt, here are some pics of my steed. As you can see, the car looks pretty good even after 7 months. My neighbor has an identical car which is a year old and it's shine is nowhere close. The 3M paint protection is worth the money. Both my cars are going to get it once in 6 months.
Attachment 363429

awesome pics Gilead. I showed my wife and she nearly fell on my laptop. Its her fav color and so sad we couldnt have it.
It looks stunning and im surely gonna go for the Teflon coating.. good or bad.. ill post more pics of my fiesta too.. im looking for a good place where i can park her and capture her in her full glory!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 1926018)
@gilead

The steed looks delicious to ride on.:D I guess the streets are empty since the steed is getting ready for a ride.

@ capt

I wish to see gilead's blue steed and your sea grey shark side by side. It will be typical North South meet. But atleast the BHPians can enjoy the meaty looking machines and drool over it. What say???:)

yes ghodlur, i wish we could do that sometime. ill try and put both the cars together and yes we keep drooling over it.. endlessly!!

guys 5 days of driving this beauty has made me 10 years younger.
I used to drive carefully earlier and check my speed more often on Delhi's cramped roads but the S gives me loads of confidence to push my limits.

Its such fun to allow cars like SX4, NHC, Aveo, Dzire etc. pass you by and just when they start thinking how good their wheels are, just force the right foot down and spoil their party. The car whooshes past the lesser mortals kicking dirt on their faces.. the one who laughs last, laughs the most!! and im enjoying each n every bit of it!!

p.s i dont mean to de-mean other car owners.. im just too happy about mine!!!!