Team-BHP - The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/82984-sea-grey-shark-attack-fiesta-1-6s-delivered-6.html)

I could not help but take this picture from my 1.6S Aquarius rear view mirror. You should be able to see the second 1.6S Aquarius.

Both in Bangalore. The other one I know belongs to my colleague.

Is this a rare sight or what?

We crossed each other near Jayanagar and our office is near M G Road. Both cars were almost next to each other throughout the distance.

A single 1.6S Aquarius can turn heads. I could almost see the 'deja vu' expression on people's face. :D

Nice pic, Shriram
Captain--Any update on your F.E?

sriram, that's a good catch. Give me a week's time and I will get you an incredible picture of three 1.6S Aquarius standing together. Can you imagine what a rare sight that would be. :D I have one and my neighbor has one. There is a third one that's been passing through my street of late at a particular time. I plan to catch that one and take a photo of all three.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilead (Post 1950281)
sriram, that's a good catch. Give me a week's time and I will get you an incredible picture of three 1.6S Aquarius standing together. Can you imagine what a rare sight that would be. :D I have one and my neighbor has one. There is a third one that's been passing through my street of late at a particular time. I plan to catch that one and take a photo of all three.

That will be a first then - One stone and three kills.
Eagerly waiting for the dream snap. 3 blues in one locality, must be the most sought after one.:D

great stuff sriram! now im twice as much jealous!! Gileads car, your car and now another one!! the Aquarius just keeps beckoning mee!!

Alrighty guys! now after a tankful of some good fuel, my car seems to be back to some normal performance... rocketing but not yet scorching!! drove upto 130kmph/3500rpm on open roads today! was fun to no end.. a hyundai accent guy was driving like mad.. he must be doing more than 130ks.. i decided, ill smoke him!!! so i forgot all what the manual said.. im already clocking close to 1300kms on the ODO.. so i decided to give it a push today.. and boy did the S respond??? it smoked the livin' daylights out of the poor accent!! i was doing over 140 in no time.. and did this twice.. though its an open expressway (greater Noida expressway) it does have its share of nightmarish traffic.. so sanity prevailed and i slowed down to the commands of the Mrs.. this was supposed to be a romantic drive!!! hehehe!
But i loved the way the S romanced the roads!!

@gilead, couldnt find System G!! Infact, one guy at an Indian Oil bunk told me that last time he sold that was 4 yrs ago!!! He says people dont buy it, so we dont stock it!!
Any other solutions.. otherwise the S is driving almost alright.
Got a Garware Icecool Shield sunfilm installed on the front.. sense prevailed, and i got the garware lite installed on the rear glass as well. Hope it will keep the temps. down... Delhi is still torrid as it can be!!
Keep it coming guys!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by capt_rocker (Post 1952648)
i was doing over 140 in no time.. and did this twice..
Thats OK, would request you not to attempt a speed race and esp when you family is with you. I know on the spur of the moment things look good but you do need to rethink on this one. Good to know that you are enjoying a double romance:thumbs up.

@gilead, couldnt find System G!! Infact, one guy at an Indian Oil bunk told me that last time he sold that was 4 yrs ago!!! He says people dont buy it, so we dont stock it!! - Try at BPCL outlets, they normally do keep a stock of System G, follow the instructions on the bottle.
Got a Garware Icecool Shield sunfilm installed on the front.. sense prevailed, and i got the garware lite installed on the rear glass as well.

Capt, Can you posts some pics of the shark after the sun film installations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by capt_rocker (Post 1952648)
drove upto 130kmph/3500rpm on open roads today! was fun to no end.. a hyundai accent guy was driving like mad.. he must be doing more than 130ks.. i decided, ill smoke him!!! so i forgot all what the manual said.. im already clocking close to 1300kms on the ODO.. so i decided to give it a push today.. and boy did the S respond??? it smoked the livin' daylights out of the poor accent!! i was doing over 140 in no time.. and did this twice.. !!

I can see you were thrilled and great you enjoyed it and also a wise decision to slow down. I would love to do it one day when i have an opportunity to drive on the NH45 once i cross the Chennai limits going south. I never tried >120 on my previous corsa and somehow got the feeling that the steering and the tyres are not planted on the road. Drive safe.

swami

Captain, try checking the a.s.s for system G, or you can also get it from auto accessories market. In Chennai, GP road is the place where lot of such automotive related shops are there...I got 4 of them before my long trip in Jan, which is still being used.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swami69 (Post 1952949)
I can see you were thrilled and great you enjoyed it and also a wise decision to slow down. I would love to do it one day when i have an opportunity to drive on the NH45 once i cross the Chennai limits going south. I never tried >120 on my previous corsa and somehow got the feeling that the steering and the tyres are not planted on the road. Drive safe.

swami

Not sure about Sxi, but I have done max 160Ks in 1.6S. Till 150Kmph, the car is very very stable. Around 160, it starts to be a little shaky (or may be it was me :) since I had never gone that fast before).

120-140Ks can be quite easily managed but I would advise against it since the traffic in Indian highways can surprise you - from every direction.

Guys these pictures are from the trip i made recently to the lovely hill station of Rishikesh and further to Tehri Dam project. The S did the entire trip without a hint of bother. It was supremely fast and comfortable on the highway. it stood its ground on the winding roads from Rishikesh to Tehri.
Take a look for yourselves!!

Some pictures will show the front sunfilm (got Garware Icecool Shield installed recently). The side sunfilms are hardly visible. As per the regulations, 70% visibility is required all around, esp in security sensitive Delhi area!

Nice photos. Changing the Number Plate Font would make it better:D

@ capt

What mileage did you get for the trip. What speeds did you drove. Let us know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiku007 (Post 1963256)
Nice photos. Changing the Number Plate Font would make it better:D

yes i agree kiku, but i got the number plates installed from the Ford dealer just on the eve of leaving for the trip. I dont like them either. This is the best the dealer could do. Ill get better no. plates soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 1963268)
@ capt

What mileage did you get for the trip. What speeds did you drove. Let us know.

i got a mileage of just over 11. This is due to the single lane highway NH58/NH94 till Rishikesh. I mean a single road not even a divider in the centre. It was almost like city driving due to congested traffic and long queues of trucks.
Max i drove her was upto 140. She was willing to go further but my family wasnt. So I cut back. Also the empty straight stretches of road were not enough to accommodate such high speeds. SAFETY FIRST!!

great pictures Capt. The Fiesta grey 1.6s is really a looker. The Aquarius Blue is a real head turner, but I am really liking the grey as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nurni76 (Post 1963421)
great pictures Capt. The Fiesta grey 1.6s is really a looker. The Aquarius Blue is a real head turner, but I am really liking the grey as well.

thanks nurni, actually my first choice was always Aquarius Blue, had it not been discontinued. The sea Grey was the next best color. So I went with it. But more n more i realize, its what inside the Fiesta which drives it than whats outside. The heart is where the engine is!! Pure joy!! Color is for others to see, the engine is for me to enjoy!!!