Team-BHP - The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/82984-sea-grey-shark-attack-fiesta-1-6s-delivered.html)

Hey BHPians,
For a long long time since I have been active on TBHP, I have been dreaming of owning the Fiesta 1.6S. The great BHPians who already own this mean machine further encouraged me to go ahead with the booking.

So I did and after a few days of anxiety, delays in delivery and confusion created by the dealership, I finally took the delivery of this poetry in motion!!

Though it was too late by the time the car was delivered and thanks to the dusty Delhi weather yesterday, I could take only a few snaps of this beast.

She looks awesome in the Sea Grey trim. The color shines like its set ablaze!

Guys the full ownership review may take a couple of days and would be here on this same thread soon as I build a solid relationship with the Beast and tame it to be under my control.

Till that time please excuse me of posting only a few pictures here. I know the demand for the pics has been overwhelming. Especially coming from abhipuru and ghodlur and rest of you guys too.

So here I give you the first glimpse of the Sea Grey Shark - more coming later -

Congrats capt_rocker. Tha is kind of a unique color. Recently introduced for S?

Also, please share the on-road price, if you don't mind?

Congrats Captain! The car rocks with the new colour! Happy mile crunching!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight (Post 1920470)
Congrats capt_rocker. Tha is kind of a unique color. Recently introduced for S?

Also, please share the on-road price, if you don't mind?

thanks white night.. yes this color is new to Fiesta though it will be seen a lot on the Figo. The most amazing thing about this color is that in different light conditions, you can see different shades of blue and purple colors in sync with the grey color.

The ex-showroom for this car is 729,000 and OTR is 780,000.

Capt

U rock, the colour rocks, the Fiesta S rocks:thumbs up. The color looks simply superb on the beast and rightly said its a "Shark". Can we ask for some pics in the coming days.

Hope the bad taste of dealership is left behind, happy & safe driving. I hope you must have gone through nairrk's thread "all Fiesta owners". If not pls go through, some basic and interesting do's and dont's listed in the thread.

congrats!!!
the colour looks really nice.

last month it was raining Figos here..
now it is the turn of Fiesta 1.6..

Capt, Congrats on the S. The combination of exterior sea grey and interior black/grey rocks. Brownish/Charcoal black tints should add to the looks.

IIRC, Sea Grey is avlbl on other Fiesta editions for quite some time, in S edition however, it is recent.

I loved this color when i saw it on a figo, was wondering why the fiesta is not available in this shade. The fiesta looks very cool in this color. congrats for the new ride, ride safe.

WOW , the shine on the car is awesome .
Bdw the color in the 1st pic and rest of them look different. isn't it , i think its because of the shade i guess, correct me if im wrong.
Also did you change the pedals or they come by default .
Cheers
Njoy your new ride .

congrats captain. nice looker!

Hi BHPians,
Coming straight to the point lets get started with my initial ownership experience with the Sea Grey Fiesta 1.6S

LOVE AT FIRST DRIVE!

After having heard/read enormously about the 1.6S right here in the Team BHP forums, I was already half prepared to buy this beauty. The car had such good reviews that would put even the 3D blockbuster Avatar in shame!!

They say that “The first step is half the battle won”. This proverb held its meaning superbly when I test drove the 1.6S.
The sales guy came up with an Aquarius Blue demo car, exactly the one which I had in mind. Though the TD vehicle was 2 yrs old, it was in good condition. The ODO figures were not disturbing and interiors were very clean. (Quite unlike the Fiat Linea Emotion Pack I TD’d earlier, which is a shame on the part of the Fiat Dealership which hugely de-means another beautiful car). Well, I checked out the car from the outside from all angles.

The huge rear spoiler was striking at each glance. The side skirtings, dual headlamps, the black bezel around the head lamps gave it a funky kink, as if it was winking at me, inviting me for a fun filled drive.

Her wish was my command. Sitting inside I was transported into another world of sorts. Great, functional and yet simple interiors. The driver’s seat hugged me into place as if saying “you are in the right place baby!”.

I cranked the engine into power and still had to ask the sales guy whether it started alright or not? His creepy smile ensured that I was making a fool out of myself.

Ok, then the chunky steering wheel, very inviting and a pleasure to hold. The gear knob, pleasure to hold again and engaged in right slots in a very precise manner with short/accurate throws.

This was the most pleasurable aspect till now. But wait, more was in store. The pick up was fantastic! The car flew from its parking spot and I could sense the figures of 0-100 doing a math revision in my mind. 11.86 seconds, if I’m correct?

As I pointed her nose to an empty stretch of road, the car seemed to be communicating exactly what it needed. It was a sudden chemistry between us. My first crush, the first kiss, those teenage years, all came back to me for that moment. This car actually made me feel younger and fresher! Whoo-hoo, I can’t hold my excitement still.

The car speeds up effortlessly from 0 to 100. No strain can be felt yet. In fact you break the 3000 RPM barrier and the engine growls as if a tiger has tasted blood. It needs to kill and now!

I kept on pressing my right foot, she kept on responding, the sales rep kept on clutching the door handles till they almost came loose. I hit almost 130 in an instant and never bothered when those 11.86 secs had passed.
I slowed down to the great relief of the sales guy and pushed her into a 90 deg. bend, cornered at a speed of about 70 kmph. The car kept turning with confidence, which in turn gave me a lot of confidence to push it harder. Slight body roll, almost negligible compared to my long term server Santro Xing!

We returned to my apartment. I checked out the interiors. The in-dash music system seemed adequate and churned out pretty decent sound at both high/low volume levels.

THE DEAL WAS SEALED!

The test drive sealed the deal for me. I didn’t even bother to check out any other car models. I visited the showroom the very next day and booked the car. Now came the part where the heart breaks. I had already read in Frank Mehta’s & Gilead's thread that Aquarius color has been discontinued. But I still had hopes that maybe it wasn’t true. But it was! The Aquarius color was indeed discontinued in Dec 2009. So my next choice was a fight between the Paprika Red and the Sea Grey. The Paprika Red had a waiting period of over 35-40 days and I needed the car urgently, so I went with Sea Grey. The color was new and looked attractive in the Figo.

THE DELIVERY AND FIRST DRIVE IN THE BRAND NEW SEA GREY FIESTA 1.6S

I went for a PDI in sweltering heat of Delhi summer to the Harpreet Ford stockyard at Motinagar in New Delhi, about 30kms from my place. I sweated it out for 45 mins in hot glaring sun checking out my prized possession and not yet minding the drops of sweat which oozed out from every which where!! The car showed 56 kms on the ODO during the PDI and 72 upon delivery, which I thought was justified. I got to know her better alongwith the PDI incharge who was actually the second fiddle to the real PDI manager. He knew not too much about the car but then thanks to Team BHP and Fiesta owners here, I never actually needed any guidance on what to checkout. The infamous Team BHP PDI checklist was in hand!

Finally, after a long wait, endless finance games from ICICI Bank and the usual dealership agonies, I got her delivered on 3rd June. A dusty Delhi evening it was but for me it was pristine. The car shone in its fully loaded armour. The paint job excellent and the smell of brand new interiors enough to invigorate the senses of a true petrolhead.

The delivery ceremony was quite sedate. Me thinks because of the complaints I had filed to Ford MD. The sales MD of Hapreet Ford was quite surprised as to how I got the direct mail ID of Form India MD. Few good wishes were exchanged. The sales guy gave the keys to my wife alongwith a bouquet. We gave him a small gift as a token of his efforts. With all hard feelings drifting away, we bid adieu to the showroom in our brand new wheels of joy. The Mrs. drove it out of the gate and then I took her to a temple for the blessings of God, the source of all power, even the 1.6S.

KEY FEATURES – WHAT I LIKED AND NOT LIKED
So guys this is my impression of the Fiesta 1.6S that I own proudly now. I have not pushed it to the limit yet. Not gone above 3000 revs yet! Its not very clear whether the modern cars need running-in or not. Some say yes, some say no but I’ll follow the manual as and when I get to it.
Right now I’m happy getting a feel of the car. Taming it completely to be under my command.

The current dusty Delhi weather is preventing me from taking photos of her in clean and shiny condition. But nonetheless its been a great pleasure for me to bring you all these pictures, dust or not.

And like I said before

”Only Great Horses gather dust while prancing to Victory!”

Very nice ownership report and good photographs!
The ribbon on the bonnet is still there - you like it? otherwise remove it and give the car full freedom!

NO, doubt at all - Fiesta is a Driver's Car and you will enjoy fully-Drive safely.

Congrats Capt for your new ride. She is looking really amazing in this color. BTW how much OTR did you pay and any accessories planned yet ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nairrk (Post 1923371)
Very nice ownership report and good photographs!
The ribbon on the bonnet is still there - you like it? otherwise remove it and give the car full freedom!

NO, doubt at all - Fiesta is a Driver's Car and you will enjoy fully-Drive safely.

no i dont like the ribbon nairrk, just didnt get the time to take it off.
Thanks for the compliment. I will drive safely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repsol (Post 1923400)
Congrats Capt for your new ride. She is looking really amazing in this color. BTW how much OTR did you pay and any accessories planned yet ?

Thanks Repsol. OTR Noida is 780,000 rs.
Accessories planned as of now are not significant. Just going in for 3M sunfilms, underbody coating and maybe Teflon coating. Can anyone tell me if Teflon coating is worth the effort?
Later on plan to add parking sensors and a GPS navigating system from Satnav or MapmyIndia.

Any accessories I may be missing? Pls lemme know.

Well written report with pics, capt_rocker. That's a nice color, although you may have difficulty maintaining a dark color.

Maybe my next sedan will be the 1.6 S. :)

Enjoy your beauty.