Team-BHP - The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/82984-sea-grey-shark-attack-fiesta-1-6s-delivered-5.html)

capt, as others have pointed out, it must be bad fuel. There is no other explanation as performance cannot go down in 1K kms. Heck, the TD car I drove had 35K kms on it and it was a scorcher. I would suggest you add System G at the earliest. That will clean up the fuel lines and injectors. Continue with System G and find a good petrol bunk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nairrk (Post 1943940)
What is there in the right side after the number plate - key hole for the boot?
My car do not have the boot key hole - it has to be opened either with remote or the button on the dash board..

Its not something that exclusive to the S. Older EXIs, ZXIs too have it.

Hi Capt,

Another set of drool worthy pics. A couple of queries:
1) 3M under body coating - validity/guarentee????
2) Have you intially tried putting Speed instead of normal petrol?

The rear bumper protection suggested by Sanjay is quite a good one and an useful one too. Since you done the auto locking test, can we conclude that the auto locking feature is available only in the 1.6S variants.

What Gilead said could help for sure. But just to be on the safer side i would rather take her to the workshop and have it checked. That just so that these guys dont void the warranty in case the system G cleans up more dirt that you wanted, causing a major block

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIV3R (Post 1945573)
Its not something that exclusive to the S. Older EXIs, ZXIs too have it.

+
Yes, I have seen older fiesta'a have boot key hole. After booking my ZXI, I have asked a shop, who deals in number plates, to make a number plate for my car. The first question he asked was to confirm that there is a key hole on the rear number plate space. I was not sure (as I never noticed this when I inspected the car) about this key hole hence I had to phone and ask the dealer who confirmed there is no key hole for boot. The number plate guy still not convinced but I asked him to go ahead and make a number plate without a key hole.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Red Devil (Post 1945408)
Fuel is probably the root cause. But i doubt the old fuel and new fuel thing is it cos as soon as you add fuel they mix instantly in the tank. I feel that the last fill is the culprit here.

Or it could just be that the fuel injectors might have got partially clogged. Its a new car so some dirt in the fuel line or tank might have caused the block if that is the case.

Happy mile munching!!!!!!

I experienced that old fuel/ new fuel thingy during my trip to Hampi and Goa last year. We'd tanked up at Hyderabad on my pal's Sonata Embera and after touring around Hampi and staying there for a day, we tanked up again at a HP bunk there, and set off towards Shimoga.

Around 60 kms away from Hospet the engine started sounding coarse and losing power. We had to endure it for our entire trip to Shimoga---it even stalled once. When we tanked up at Shimoga the next day, everything was ok.

Therefore, bad fuel at Hospet was the most probable cause. The car ran fine for 60 kms (550 kms on the odo from Hyderabad), and the effect of the bad fuel manifested only after that.

@Capt: Congrats on the S. She is one hoot of a drive. I've had one for the 8 months and cant stop gushing about it enough.

Didnt know they discontinued the Aquarius Blue, What was Ford thinking? Well, makes the Aquarius even rarer in that case, what say gilead, sathee

Congrats on your "S". Infact i was so attracted to that car, but my family wanted the SXi and respected their wish. Happy driving and take care of your car.

swami

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilead (Post 1945556)
capt, as others have pointed out, it must be bad fuel. There is no other explanation as performance cannot go down in 1K kms. Heck, the TD car I drove had 35K kms on it and it was a scorcher. I would suggest you add System G at the earliest. That will clean up the fuel lines and injectors. Continue with System G and find a good petrol bunk.

Gilead maybe its the fuel which is bad as all you guys have pointed out. I had a few friends over for the weekend and wanted to show off my new possession but i felt such a downturn in the performance that i felt too let down by it.
Ill try to get fuel from a proper station only.

What is System G? Where can I get it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 1945835)
Hi Capt,

Another set of drool worthy pics. A couple of queries:
1) 3M under body coating - validity/guarentee????
2) Have you intially tried putting Speed instead of normal petrol?

The rear bumper protection suggested by Sanjay is quite a good one and an useful one too. Since you done the auto locking test, can we conclude that the auto locking feature is available only in the 1.6S variants.

Hi Ghodlur,
1. 3M undercoating has 3 yr guarantee with 4 free inspections.
2. No I havent put Speed only normal fuel. I think I will go in for a tankful of Speed now. Had enough of lousy normal fuel. I was driving on the outskirts of East Delhi/Ghaziabad and had to stop for fuelling. It was a bad decision im sure. That fuel is causing all the misery.

About the auto lock feature, this is what I observed.
If I unlock it with the remote and do not open the gates or enter the car, it automatically locks down in 5 mins.
But yesterday, I had to pick up a friend. I parked the car. Came out of the car with the keys but did not lock it. The car did not auto lock in 5 mins. So what does that mean?? I had opened the doors to take out something from the car. Again checked after 10 mins but it did not auto lock!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Red Devil (Post 1945875)
What Gilead said could help for sure. But just to be on the safer side i would rather take her to the workshop and have it checked. That just so that these guys dont void the warranty in case the system G cleans up more dirt that you wanted, causing a major block

Yes, i think ill talk to the dealer to show her at the workshop to ensure all is well. Ill ask about the System G as well.

Thanks you guys.. you rock!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by premjit (Post 1946308)
@Capt: Congrats on the S. She is one hoot of a drive. I've had one for the 8 months and cant stop gushing about it enough.

Didnt know they discontinued the Aquarius Blue, What was Ford thinking? Well, makes the Aquarius even rarer in that case, what say gilead, sathee

Thanks premjit. yes im convinced already that the "S" is an awesome and rare breed. Im yet to spot another one in Delhi!!!

The discontinuation of Aquarius Blue is a shocker. Why would Ford do it, is an unanswered question. They dont disclose it. We dont get it!!!!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by swami69 (Post 1946428)
Congrats on your "S". Infact i was so attracted to that car, but my family wanted the SXi and respected their wish. Happy driving and take care of your car.

swami

Thanks buddy, SXi is an all rounder. Fiesta is an excellent car in any variant. You got the best of both worlds. Luxury and performance.
The "S" is truly special and performance oriented only, at the cost of some comfort. Those who understand this fact and are ready to live with it, go for it!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by premjit (Post 1946308)

Yep, who knows, the resale might be higher as well. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by capt_rocker (Post 1946786)
What is System G? Where can I get it?

It's an additive recommended by Ford. Use it ONLY with good quality unleaded petrol. Check with Ford A.S.S for availability. They usually stock it. If they don't, you can check here: IFTEX- Contact Us
Speed isn't recommended by Ford.

Quote:

But yesterday, I had to pick up a friend. I parked the car. Came out of the car with the keys but did not lock it. The car did not auto lock in 5 mins. So what does that mean?? I had opened the doors to take out something from the car. Again checked after 10 mins but it did not auto lock!!!

That's normal behavior. Guess my car has a 'bug' then. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by capt_rocker (Post 1946803)
yes im convinced already that the "S" is an awesome and rare breed. Im yet to spot another one in Delhi!!!

The discontinuation of Aquarius Blue is a shocker. Why would Ford do it, is an unanswered question. They dont disclose it. We dont get it!!!!:D

The S is indeed a rare car to find in Delhi, I have seen only one here and that too in the Aquarius Blue colour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilead (Post 1947221)

I sincerely doubt that. For some reason people do not buy the colour Blue in our country.

When I got my OHC, it was available in 2 shades of Blue a lighter Cyclone Blue and another Darker shade Blue Pearl Metallic, however by the time OHC type II came out both colours had been withdrawn. Mine was of course the Cyclone Blue.

Now I again have a blue beauty but as per the company's sales manager they sell this colour only once in a 'Blue Moon'.

Capt - Try at the BPCL outlets for IFTEX-G, costs somewhere around 300 bucks. if you plan to use Iftex, would advise you to refuel normal petrol.

I can see that Gilead's bug partly bitten your S too. Too bad the auto locking feature does not exists in S too.
Is there something mentioned in the manual about auto locking, I doubt that. Its ages since I read the manualstupid:

Quote:

About the auto lock feature, this is what I observed.
If I unlock it with the remote and do not open the gates or enter the car, it automatically locks down in 5 mins.
Thanks you guys.. you rock!!!

Hi Capt_rocker - i also had the same confusion and your observation is correct and the fiesta does only that. i.e.,
Scenario 1
if you drive the car, get out and do not lock it - it DOES NOT Autolock, and we need to lock it ourselves.
Scenario 2
But, a locked car, open it with remote and you do not access the car by any means, then it AUTOLOCKS after 60 seconds. I just did this test few times and also clarified it with Ford people. They confirm the first scenario does not Autolock and there is nothing that can be programmed in the remote to do that.

If some of our fellow members has the scenario 1 autolock function running, then it continues to be a mystery as my car does not do that.

swami

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilead (Post 1947221)

yes i think Gilead, resale might make a difference. There are enough auto buffs like me who would buy your car instantly!!!

It's an additive recommended by Ford. Use it ONLY with good quality unleaded petrol. Check with Ford A.S.S for availability. They usually stock it. If they don't, you can check here: IFTEX- Contact Us
Speed isn't recommended by Ford.

Ill try n get a tankful of normal fuel with System G, if i find it.

That's normal behavior. Guess my car has a 'bug' then. :)

your bug is good in a way. helps protect your car further!

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoj (Post 1947311)
The S is indeed a rare car to find in Delhi, I have seen only one here and that too in the Aquarius Blue colour.

I sincerely doubt that. For some reason people do not buy the colour Blue in our country.

When I got my OHC, it was available in 2 shades of Blue a lighter Cyclone Blue and another Darker shade Blue Pearl Metallic, however by the time OHC type II came out both colours had been withdrawn. Mine was of course the Cyclone Blue.

Now I again have a blue beauty but as per the company's sales manager they sell this colour only once in a 'Blue Moon'.

This one looks a beauty. The color does strike a chord in my heart. too bad i couldnt get it

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 1947708)
Capt - Try at the BPCL outlets for IFTEX-G, costs somewhere around 300 bucks. if you plan to use Iftex, would advise you to refuel normal petrol.

I can see that Gilead's bug partly bitten your S too. Too bad the auto locking feature does not exists in S too.
Is there something mentioned in the manual about auto locking, I doubt that. Its ages since I read the manual

will try a BPCL outlet. will use normal fuel only. The performance really gave me a scare.
Read the manual fully. havent come across anything on auto locking feature.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swami69 (Post 1947965)
Hi Capt_rocker - i also had the same confusion and your observation is correct and the fiesta does only that. i.e.,
Scenario 1
if you drive the car, get out and do not lock it - it DOES NOT Autolock, and we need to lock it ourselves.
Scenario 2
But, a locked car, open it with remote and you do not access the car by any means, then it AUTOLOCKS after 60 seconds. I just did this test few times and also clarified it with Ford people. They confirm the first scenario does not Autolock and there is nothing that can be programmed in the remote to do that.

If some of our fellow members has the scenario 1 autolock function running, then it continues to be a mystery as my car does not do that.

swami

yes seems to be true now that this feature has been tried n tested by all of us. but Gileads car does auto lock in scenario 1. This truly amazing nad will have the ford guys guessing too!!