Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2010, 10:14   #76
BHPian

Re: Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City

I see under body coating is done even on the silencer?

I just got mine done from 3M exclusive and they didn't do it.

I see a reason for it as silencer is more prone to high heats and hence not advisable.

Last edited by raghu230506 : 20th December 2010 at 10:29.
Old 20th December 2010, 22:50   #77
BHPian

Coating on the silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
I see a reason for it as silencer is more prone to high heats and hence not advisable.
You have raised a valid point. I did not think about it, while doing the coating. During the first inspection coating on the silencer looked OK. There is no coating on the tail part of silencer.

Since there is no Exclusive 3M center here, I had to get the underbody coating through the dealer. I will talk to dealer about this point.
Old 15th May 2011, 11:48   #78
BHPian

Update - 6000 KM

It's been quite a while, I updated the thread.
Last month completed 6000Km (in 10 months). Quite Low running per month, as I have been doing lot of business trips and the car remains idle.
Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-car1.jpg

In 11 months of ownership, the experience has been quite good. Just wanted to point out some positives and negatives:

Positives:

1. As indicated by all the engine is quite smooth. It's pleasure to drive both in city and highway. Driving comfort in long highway drive is quite good and I never felt tired after long highway drive.

2. Milage: with 100%AC , I get around 11.8 Kmpl in tank full method. The MID shows around 13.5. My best MID display has been 17.9 in a highway drive. Specailly after the recent Petrol hike, need to extract more mileage out of iVTec.
Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-car6.jpg

3. My wife and daughter like the back seat comfort and sometime refuse to sit in the front.

Negatives:

1. Biege interior color is a pain to maintain. Specially with my three year son jumping around, I have black shoe marks all over. Needs cleaning every week. I wish Honda gives an option of black interior.
Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-car4.jpg

2. Ground clearance when loaded with four adults: You need to drive carefully over speed breakers, when fully loaded. I have scrapped some speed breakers no matter how much I try the diagonal theory.

3. As pointed out by so many members, option of auto lock fetaure is very much missed, specailly with kids around.

Here are some recent photo's.
Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-car3.jpg
Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-car5.jpg

Since last two days, I am observing that "Power steering" indication does not go off, till I start the engine. Could not check the manual ,as I have left it in office.

Is it normal? My first paid service due next week, need to get it checked.
Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-car2.jpg
Ram_NP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 16:53   #79
BHPian

One year Owenership

After seeing mega threads of Bluevolt, Charthom, mdsaab and other new owner's thread, I felt it's time to update my thread.

Completed one year and two months this August. So far the car has run around 7200 Kms (as I have been travelling a lot on my work and car remains idle).

As other owners would agree, there is hardly anything to update about the car, as it does it work silently with no troubles so far.

Still, Here is an update of my ownership experience so far:

Mileage - City condition - 12.0 Km/L with 100% AC. MID shows around 13.5 on average. During winter (without AC), the average was higher by 0.5 to 1 Km/L. On my two highway trips, I could get around 17.5 Km/L (MID was around 19).

Service costs:
  • 1st Free service - Rs 0, as it was a routine check
  • 2nd Free service - Rs 891, engine oil was changed
  • 3rd Free Service - Rs.1072, engine oil and Oil filter was changed
  • 4th Paid Service - Rs.2159, engine oil and Oil filter was changed (+ Labour charge)
Although Honda Dealer routinely give service call/SMS every three months for service, I have agreed with the dealer to have six month service schedule. Apart from above, I have spent Rs. 3800 on 3M underbody coating.
Additions: Llumar sun films (on front and side). I have not changed/added anything else. After seeing the very useful 3D mats, I am thinking of buying them. Also planning to switch to leather seat covers this year.

Positives: It has been elaborated a lot in other threads, but I will put my views (apart form technical points like very good engine etc.):
  • Worry free ownership. As mentioned in beginning of my thread, this was one of main reason for me to choose ANHC.
  • It puts a big smile on kids, whenever they take a ride. In fact, whenever I have to make a deal with my daughter (13 years) she prefers a drop to her school, rahter than eating out or for a movie.
  • I feel, the music system is really good if you compare other car's in OEM form.
  • Despite being more than one year old, the car still feels fresh. I guess it's mainly due to design concept of ANHC.
Negative:
  • While fully loaded with four adults and luggage - the car needs to be driven carefully over speed breakers.
  • Weak Headlights (and horn)- Definitely not powerful enough for night time highway drives. I am yet to upgrade the lamps to Philips extreme as done by some members.
Wish list to Honda for Next Upgrade of ANHC:
  • Electrically foldable mirrors - a must in our driving and parking conditions.
  • One touch power window switches for other windows (only driver side has the feature).
  • Temperature gauge instead of just a Warning light. I prefer the old school gauge indication for this important parameter of the engine.
  • Auto door lock, this feature is sorely missed while driving with kids around.
Personally, I am happy with the manual AC, does not really want an ACC feature.
Dealership experience - Experience with Pinnacle Honda is good so far. When I bought the car, Kolkata had only one dealer for Honda cars, but the service levels was always satisfactory (Honda has added one more dealer in Kolkata, six months back).

I would say the car has served me very well and I plan to keep the car for at least next five years.

With recent price cut, Honda has shown that it's ready to correct itself as per market situation. But in the end, the feeling it gives me while driving back home after a tiring day in office, is just priceless.

As so many photo's are there in this thread and in other's thread, just adding two photos.

The City:
Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-p1030065.jpg

The i-Vtec:
Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-p1030066.jpg
Old 2nd January 2013, 19:31   #80
BHPian

Updating the thread after a long time. Meanwhile completed almost 2 and half years with City (15000 Kms).

Actually, there is nothing to report about the car, as it goes on doing it's job silently and smoothly.

Although Honda dealer always follows up for a three month service, I did the service in Six/seven months interval. Paid serivce cost was around INR 2500/- so far.

Coming to Mileage, I regularly get in City around 12.5 - 13.5 Kmpl with 100% AC on. During highway trips, it gives around 15.5 to 16 Kmpl.

Recently did a trip to Bhubaneswar and the average was around 17.5 Kmpl (with 20% AC).

Only problem or I would say irritation with the car is that when loaded with four adults, the car scrapes in the speed breakers (bad ones). I have to be very careful, while passing over such speed breakers, when the car is loaded.

Overall, I am happy with car and would be keeping the car atleast for next three years.
Old 27th March 2013, 16:18   #81
Senior - BHPian

Re: Update - 6000 KM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
Since last two days, I am observing that "Power steering" indication does not go off, till I start the engine. Could not check the manual ,as I have left it in office.
Attachment 545262
Was the cause of this diagnosed ?
Old 27th March 2013, 18:35   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Was the cause of this diagnosed ?
Actaully, This was not a Error or Warning. The light goes off after some time as soon as engine is started. It was checked by the service center and they said it's normal.

Most Viewed