Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2010, 11:30   #1
BHPian

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City

After reading so many ownership threads for last four years, now I am able put my own thread. Feeling bit pressure to put up a good thread.

My Santro car was almost 10 year old and wanted to change the car during last four years. But something or other prevented me from doing that.
In the beginning of 2010, we had decided it’s time to change and decision was to have a sedan.

My main criteria for selecting my next car was:

1. Good Engine, should be enjoyable to drive. OPen about bot Petrol and Diesel
2. Safety - Airbags + ABS
3. All the family members should like it
4. Budget around INR 9 Lakhs

Armed with all the knowledge from T-BHP, test drove the SX4, Fiesta, ANHC, Verna (Diesel) and Linea (Petrol). This process started in February.

We dropped SX4, Linea, Fiesta from the list. There are several reasons to it. One main point was both daughter and wife did not like them. I asked for the reasons and quickly pointed out that they did not connect with the cars and not to push my T-BHP knowledge on them. So these cars were dropped without much arguments.

Personally liked ANHC, Fiesta and Verna (Diesel). Verna's torque was addictive and the fit n finish was also at par with ANHC. Wife and Daughter liked ANHC for space and comfort.

So final choice was between ANHC and Verna (Diesel).

Wife - Prefer ANHC, but Verna not sure???
Daughter - ANHC, nothing else.

Did some more reading of the these two cars and got busy with my work, went on a business trip outside India. So my purchase process took a back seat. Meanwhile, daughter convinced my wife and they took a one more test drive of ANHC on their own. They also had a look at Jazz.

Wife "connected" well with Jazz and said you can consider Jazz also. So I was also like Jazz is not a bad option. Refer my to thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...jazz-city.html.

But although my daughter liked Jazz, her choice was still with ANHC. So jazz wad added to the list.

Decision time:

Did some more reading about ANHC/Verna/Jazz threads, to find out more about the ownership experience, in the process one more month was lost.

Wifey said enough of your research /night surfing on TBHP, your indecision time has costed us extra 30,000 due to hike in excise duty and so called Euro-4 hike.

But I was actually trying to get the car through my company. The company route did not work out and it was around end of March, so waited for Euro-4 period to kick-in.

So finally I had decided to go for ANHC based on following facts (even if it menat streching the budget):

1. Intending to keep the car at least for 6/7 years, so looking for a hassle free experience.

2. It was the common choice of family. Later on I realised deicsion of taking ANHC TD first, made wife and daughter completely biased towards ANHC.

3. Verna is going to be upgraded some time next year and did not want to wait that long. Missing Airbags also was also a factor against it.

4. Based on the ownership experience of members, I could gather that ANHC gives a Piece of Mind factor, which was important for me.

Finally decided to go For ANHC V M/T. So the thread title moving from "H" Hyundai to "H" Honda.

I know, some members may think it was predictable and safe decision. To some extent it's true.

But when I did a calculation of cost benefit ratio of owning a ANHC, I found the factors (Peace of mind, Hassle free ownership, Good fit + finish and Brand Value) which are in favour of Honda are difficult to put a value to it.

These factors may not appeal in direct relation to 1.5 lakhs price difference (when you buy mentioned others cars ). But it did appear to me (despite falling sales numbers in April) the ANHC will be VFM in long term and so the final decision to take ANHC.

I would like to thank all the owners of ANHC (especailly SkyWalker, Mevtec, Guna, Star_VB, Jayant, Kalyan, B103, Nandas, Pratim, Joecherian, Samanth) in the forum for their valuable contribution which helped in arriving final decision.

Will Contiue with Sales experiene, Pre-inspection, Delivery process and more photo's in next post.
Attached Thumbnails
Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-santro.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-p1010432.jpg  

Last edited by Ram_NP : 5th June 2010 at 11:37.
Old 5th June 2010, 11:35   #2
BHPian

Congrats man. Welcome to the Honda club.
Go slowly with the run-in of 1000 kms and then you can revv all the way to the horizon.
Old 5th June 2010, 15:39   #3
BHPian

Congratulations and welcome to Honda Club.

Drive safe and have fun.

Good to see more RED City's flowing these days,
Old 5th June 2010, 15:55   #4
BHPian

I dont understand why they are giving black mud guards in even the the top V model.My brother also got his white V MT and the black mudguards kinda spoil the look imo.
Anyways congrats for the purchase bro! Is this color pure red,or is it in a maroonish kind of touch?
Old 5th June 2010, 17:48   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Congrats man. Welcome to the Honda club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Congratulations and welcome to Honda Club.
Thanks Zoom_Vroom and Raghu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang89 View Post
Anyways congrats for the purchase bro! Is this color pure red,or is it in a maroonish kind of touch?
Thanks. As you said it's kind of metallic maroonish Red.
Old 5th June 2010, 22:45   #6
BHPian

Sales, Pre-inspection, Delivery and Initial Experience

Booking process:

Booked the AHNC "V" in May 1st week and got the delivery on 31st of this month.

Color was Habanero Pearl Red. Frankly, I fail to understand why the manufacture give such exotic color names for their cars. Goolged about "Habanero" and found it's a variant of Chilli/Capcicum originated in Spain/Cuba. Got an April manufactured car with Michelin tyre.

Sales experience: Honda has only one dealer in Kolkata, so no comparing of offers between dealers. Sale experience was professional enough. We were quickly attended to, explained all the features during Pre-Sale.

Pre-Inspection went off well according to TBHP list. Got small stuffs like Pillow, Perfume, Tissue box, Pen drive as a freebie. Delivery was quick and smooth. There was small cake cutting and key handing over ceremony. Infact this showroom experience was also a small factor for wife and daughter for choosing ANHC.

When we visited Ford's showroom, Sales guy were busy with Figo. We had to repeatedly tell them we are looking for Fiesta not Figo and wait for more than 20 minute before someone attended to us.

Coming to driving experience: Switching from Santro, I am still getting used to ANHC, specially to manage the Auto's / Call centre Sumos zipping through both sides. I guess, I have become extra cautious while overtaking, which was a breeze with Santro earlier. Hope to get over this in week or two.

What I liked about:

1. Gear shift is quite smooth.
2. NVH levels inside cabin is good.
3. AC is effective in Kolkata summer weather of 37/38 Degc.
5. Back seat comfort is quite good (comapred to Fista and Verna)
4. The engine compartment is well laid out with good space in front of Engine for protection.

What I did not like:

1. Small glove box.
2. The Armrest in Left of driver is not long enough to be useful.
3. Duplicate key dose not have remote opening.
4. No Alloy wheel for the spare tyre.
5. No option of black/grey interioir (like E Variant). Biege interior is pain to maimtain with kids.

Plan to put some accessories like sum film, seat covers in coming weeks.

Here are some pictures of exterior, interior, leg space and engine bay
Attached Thumbnails
Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-hondacity_1.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-hondacity_3.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-hondacity_007.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-hondacity_010.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-hondacity_045.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-hondacity_066.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-p1010413.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-p1010414.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-p1010428.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-p1010431.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-hondacity_019.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-hondacity_059.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-hondacity_060.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-hondacity_048.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-hondacity_054.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-p1010419.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-hondacity_030.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-p1010416.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-p1010429.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-p1010440.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-p1010435.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-pre_inspection_1.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-hondacity_046.jpg  

Last edited by Ram_NP : 5th June 2010 at 22:46.
Ram_NP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2010, 23:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congatzzzz!! What a beauty! Its raining ANHC AGAIN in team-bhp!!
Since "it" is the only dealer in Kolkata I thought they will be a bit exploiting in their nature but reading about them for quite a while now. and all the reviews are positive. Kudos to the sole standing dealer.
Old 6th June 2010, 00:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations !

Do you stay in Salt Lake? Is that the service road somewhere near Nicco Park? You seem to have taken a lot of pain to shoot those snaps out in the heat and humidity we have today !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
Sales experience: Honda has only one dealer in Kolkata, so no comparing of offers between dealers. Sale experience was professional enough. We were quickly attended to, explained all the features during Pre-Sale.
Similar to my experience. It was a pleasure and quite surprising given their monopoly here. I was impressed enough to actually write about my experience here !
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...a-kolkata.html
Old 6th June 2010, 00:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post

Do you stay in Salt Lake? Is that the service road somewhere near Nicco Park? You seem to have taken a lot of pain to shoot those snaps out in the heat and humidity we have today !!
I was gonna ask the same question. That is indeed the nicco park wala road.

BTW is that a dent below the rear number plate( in the 11th pic)?

Last edited by Pancham : 6th June 2010 at 00:10.
Old 6th June 2010, 08:34   #10
BHPian

What a beauty. The pics only added fuel to the fire of me getting AHNC
BTW, can you post other details too? Like what extra accessories you bought (or planning to) from Honda / outside and the costs?
And whats the on-road price?

Last edited by iamswift : 6th June 2010 at 08:36.
Old 6th June 2010, 09:38   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Congratulations !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I was gonna ask the same question. That is indeed the nicco park wala road.

BTW is that a dent below the rear number plate( in the 11th pic)?
Thanks ShuvC and Pancham. It's indeed the service road near Nicco park infront of army camp and some photo's are at my Salt lake home.I took help of my colleagues.

The dent was a result of our home security gurad opeing main gate carelessly and the gate hit the area below number plate of the Car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Congatzzzz!! Since "it" is the only dealer in Kolkata I thought they will be a bit exploiting in their nature but reading about them for quite a while now. and all the reviews are positive. Kudos to the sole standing dealer.
Yes, as ShuvC pointed out "Pinnacle Honda" handling was very professional and there was no surprises during entire process of sales and delivery. Learning from T-BHP, I gave small gift to my sales advisor and sales team leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
BTW, can you post other details too? Like what extra accessories you bought (or planning to) from Honda / outside and the costs?
And whats the on-road price?
ON- Road price at Kolkata is INR 9.91 Lakhs for V M/T model. I transferred my old car's insurace NCB (50%). So the total onraod price for me was INR 9.74 Lakhs.

I am planning to go for sunfims, floor mats and door gaurd this week. Seat covers will have to wait. I am thinking of using the OE seat covers for a year or so, before switching to Leather or P.U.
Old 6th June 2010, 11:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

Lovely car, congrats!! It's a great choice, and this colour suits the ANHC very well. Enjoy the car, and drive safe

P.S: Is the registration number 06D or 060? Have you made it 'D' to create a 06D continuity?
Old 6th June 2010, 11:32   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ram. ANHC is a wonderful car to own. I also did the same thing by upgrading from Santro to a Honda. The only difference is that I chose a Civic AT with the same colour as yours. I still have my Santro though for my daily drives.
Old 6th June 2010, 11:34   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Lovely car, congrats!! It's a great choice, and this colour suits the ANHC very well. Enjoy the car, and drive safe

P.S: Is the registration number 06D or 060? Have you made it 'D' to create a 06D continuity?
He has clearly copy-pasted the three character again. I remember the same technique was used by Yeti in his Civic ownership tread.
Old 6th June 2010, 11:54   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
He has clearly copy-pasted the three character again. I remember the same technique was used by Yeti in his Civic ownership tread.
Thanks, Razor and Vasoo .

As Vasoo rightly pointed , the number is a copy-paste job. I tried to be as neat as possible. It was good fun to spend some time on the pictures to get it right.

Most Viewed