Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 20:59   #16
BHPian

Hi,

I've noted that for about a person of my height (5'8") the portion of the dash below the steering is unusually uncomfortable as my shin keeps banging against it during clutch press.

I've also noted that the clutch pedal is way 'deeper' down the throat of the leg-space region as compared to say a Santro, that adds to the discomfort.

To be certain about this i've tried various seat height and length adjustments, but to no avail.

for me atleast, i had to then abort my plans of putting i20 on my list of prospective buys :(
Old 7th June 2010, 21:30   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayak007 View Post
Hi,

I've noted that for about a person of my height (5'8") the portion of the dash below the steering is unusually uncomfortable as my shin keeps banging against it during clutch press.

I've also noted that the clutch pedal is way 'deeper' down the throat of the leg-space region as compared to say a Santro, that adds to the discomfort.

To be certain about this i've tried various seat height and length adjustments, but to no avail.

for me atleast, i had to then abort my plans of putting i20 on my list of prospective buys :(

I'm about the same height, but I had no issue with the shin banging. The seat adjustment was more than adequate to sort that out. Having said that, the issue will be more acute depending on your specific anthropometric measurements, i.e. leg length, sitting height etc, rather than just height.

Regarding the travel to full clutch application - yes, that did seem longer in the i20 than the other cars I've driven - once again I suppose I will get used to it.
Old 8th June 2010, 14:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car MT! Do let us know of its highway performance and manners in the long run.
Old 8th June 2010, 16:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

Nice pics and a nice detailed review. Can we please have some interior pics. the spacing, the boot space, drive comfort, the front panel etc.

Thanks.
Old 8th June 2010, 16:04   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Congrats on the car MT! Do let us know of its highway performance and manners in the long run.

Thanks Sid. Will do - planning one trip a week on the highway out and back to wherever the car will get us

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hello,

Nice pics and a nice detailed review. Can we please have some interior pics. the spacing, the boot space, drive comfort, the front panel etc.

Thanks.
Thanks, will get the camera out and get snapping ASAP.
Old 8th June 2010, 16:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the new car mate!

Nice initial pics. And like requested if you could post a few interior pics as well it would be great.

Also waiting to hear the impressions on the highway drive after your trip.
Old 9th June 2010, 03:42   #22
BHPian

Many Congratulations !!! Nice narration on decision making. Happy Wheels on Roads !!! Please share your experiences to get best out of the car in B2B traffic.
Old 10th June 2010, 21:24   #23

Hi,
I have a soft of dilemma and I'm looking for advise / guidance.

I have a Rs.1lac discount offer in Hyundai Mangalore (dont ask how) and this came up just about when I was deciding to pick up an i20 CRDI.

Point 1. I reside in Bangalore, but this offer is available only to me and only in Mangalore
Point 2. The BS IV CRDI 6 speed variant is not on sale in Mangalore and the Sales Manager of the dealer in Hyundai Mangalore tells me it would come to Mangalore for a long time until the govt makes it mandatory in tier II as well. But the BS IV petrol i20 is available.

I definitely want to buy an i20 CRDI but im wondering if Rs. 1lac is a good trade-off for BS III against a BS IV.

And for a moment of greed of not letting that Rs.1 lac discount go, I even started thinking of i10 AT or a verna CRDI AT, but choice of course is i20 CRDI !

Need suggestions !

Regards
Kalro
Old 11th June 2010, 08:51   #24
BHPian

Congrats on your new buy, you have got a premium hatch there. 6 speed! you should feel a whole of smoothness and comfort.

Enjoy your ride buddy and do post more pics of this beauty!
Old 11th June 2010, 21:26   #25
BHPian

modthomas, Congrats on your new car. Hope you are enjoying the ride.
Soon to join you.. booked i20 1.4 Sportz(o) and awaiting delivery.

Please post your experiance on i20 CRDi, likes and dislikes (issues)
Old 11th June 2010, 21:54   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the i20 CRDi. It's a great all rounder. Some interior pics please. Especially ones showing the blue lighting theme in the dark.
Old 12th June 2010, 15:52   #27
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. I am really intrigued by the 6 speed gearbox.How is the fuel efficiency affected at higher speeds due to the presence of the extra gear?
Old 13th June 2010, 12:17   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
modthomas, Congrats on your new car. Hope you are enjoying the ride.
Soon to join you.. booked i20 1.4 Sportz(o) and awaiting delivery.

Please post your experiance on i20 CRDi, likes and dislikes (issues)

hey,

If you don't mind, what was the On road cost of the sports(o) in Chennai?
Also, IIRC only the asta version now comes with abs right?

Tks!
Old 13th June 2010, 16:58   #29
BHPian

Ipod/iphone readability ..????

Congratulations on your vehicle. I own a 1.2 Asta myself. Just wanted to know this.. has anyone actually used an ipod or iphone with the USB slot provided. I mean i know that it does read normal USB's but when i try to use my iphone.. the display says that its an unreadable format. Just wanted to know if anyone has been able to actually use an ipod or an iphone with their i20's . Looking forward for some info on this. Thanks
Btw am currently using my iphone through the aux input.
Old 13th June 2010, 17:29   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbocharged-KC View Post
Congratulations on your vehicle. I own a 1.2 Asta myself. Just wanted to know this.. has anyone actually used an ipod or iphone with the USB slot provided. I mean i know that it does read normal USB's but when i try to use my iphone.. the display says that its an unreadable format. Just wanted to know if anyone has been able to actually use an ipod or an iphone with their i20's . Looking forward for some info on this. Thanks
Btw am currently using my iphone through the aux input.
Thanks. Sorry but I don't own an ipod or an iphone . Regular USB, as you have brought out, works just fine. I seem to recall reading on the forums that the USB input for ipod / iphone was sold by the OEM at a fairly reasonable price.

Most Viewed