Old 13th June 2010, 17:52   #31
BHPian

@ Turbocharged KC - try here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-1-2-a-22.html
Old 14th June 2010, 02:54   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbocharged-KC View Post
I mean i know that it does read normal USB's but when i try to use my iphone.. the display says that its an unreadable format. Just wanted to know if anyone has been able to actually use an ipod or an iphone with their i20's . Looking forward for some info on this. Thanks
Btw am currently using my iphone through the aux input.
I had read somewhere longtime back that the USB slot in the i20 does not support iphone or ipod touch. Although it does support older generation ipods and normal USB sticks.
Old 14th June 2010, 08:19   #33
@ri
BHPian

Congrats modthomas! Welcome to the 20 Club. I love the color you picked up. I would have gone for the same had we not had the Zen in the same color. so settled for Dark Grey.

Quote:
Congratulations on your vehicle. I own a 1.2 Asta myself. Just wanted to know this.. has anyone actually used an ipod or iphone with the USB slot provided. I mean i know that it does read normal USB's but when i try to use my iphone.. the display says that its an unreadable format. Just wanted to know if anyone has been able to actually use an ipod or an iphone with their i20's . Looking forward for some info on this. Thanks
Yes it works. Only thing, the cable for it is kinda weird and not easily available in India. If you got someone in UK, get it sourced from there.
My new Hyundai i20 CRDI Asta 6 Speed-ipodcable.jpg
One observation I made was that only upto 2 GB USB sticks, does the system remember the current track. I have also been little enterprising and connected my 320 Gig HDD to the USB slot as well. It took some good 10 mins to read but after that, it played just fine
Old 14th June 2010, 14:21   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishekkalro View Post
Hi,
I have a Rs.1lac discount offer in Hyundai Mangalore (dont ask how) and this came up just about when I was deciding to pick up an i20 CRDI.

Kalro
Hi
are we getting a 100000 Rs discount on a I20 CRDI 6 airbag option ?
regards
Sidhartha
Old 14th June 2010, 20:31   #35

Quote:
Congratulations on your vehicle. I own a 1.2 Asta myself. Just wanted to know this.. has anyone actually used an ipod or iphone with the USB slot provided. I mean i know that it does read normal USB's but when i try to use my iphone.. the display says that its an unreadable format. Just wanted to know if anyone has been able to actually use an ipod or an iphone with their i20's . Looking forward for some info on this. Thanks
GUYS I JUST GOT MY I20 CRDI SIX SPEED!!! im going to post picks and write my feedback on the car very soon!

yes ive tried using my iphone with the car's usb input, but it doesnt read it. although it reads my ipod. But the ipods playlist cant be accessed through the pod, you need to use the hu's buttons. i use a pen drive instead. Less clutter.
Old 14th June 2010, 20:56   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
Congrats modthomas! Welcome to the 20 Club. I love the color you picked up. I would have gone for the same had we not had the Zen in the same color. so settled for Dark Grey.
Hi.. the cable that you havee shown in the pic is somehting different. The double jack on one end is the trick. Where the USB fits in the port in the car and the 3.5mm jack is for the aux input. So actually speaking you are not using the car USB port to play the songs on your ipod. The sole purpose of the USB in this case is to charge the ipod/iphone battery. I am using a similar setup in my car and that is the only solution unless you want to use an FM transmitter.
Moreover by bone of contention is that the USB slot on the car has written on it " iPOD " Now we are not talking about a routine thing. This is an international car company (Hyundai) using another international brand name (ipod ready) as an added feature on their car.
Doesnt reflect good in my books. I mean my job is done. I can use the system, but i had to spend extra money and buy those cables to get that done.
My point is simply ... if it doesnt support it... then Hyundai please be decent and dont sell your car advertising that as a feature and please dont print it on the car USB slots...!!!!!!
Old 14th June 2010, 21:18   #37
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
Hi.. the cable that you havee shown in the pic is somehting different. The double jack on one end is the trick. Where the USB fits in the port in the car and the 3.5mm jack is for the aux input. So actually speaking you are not using the car USB port to play the songs on your ipod. The sole purpose of the USB in this case is to charge the ipod/iphone battery.
Not actually so. If you look closely, the cable on one end plugs into the iPOD only on the USB connector(the headphone out has nothing going into). On the other end, the cable splits the control and the Audio to a USB/3.5mm jack.
So it is something like this... the audio processor of the iPOD is used so any effects you put on it...gets translated to the sound o/p. And the cable gives you the control of the iPOD i.e playlists, browsing artists, albums everything from the steering mounted controls. So to put in a nutshell, the system is iPOD compatible "only" if you can get yourself this unique cable from Hyundai.
Old 15th June 2010, 01:10   #38
BHPian

YES -- the shin banging thing is very much there. I had posted about it in my earliest posts on my i20 crdi 1.4.

NO-- the AC of i20 is NOT GOOD. It is AWFUL. I say it with a heavy heart after having got the gas recharged 2 time in less than one year, radiator washed, serviced etc etc (although at no cost to me , thanks to complaints directly to Hyundai...)
Old 15th June 2010, 08:09   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
YES -- the shin banging thing is very much there. I had posted about it in my earliest posts on my i20 crdi 1.4.
In my case seat adjustment has been able to sort out this issue totally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
NO-- the AC of i20 is NOT GOOD. It is AWFUL. I say it with a heavy heart after having got the gas recharged 2 time in less than one year, radiator washed, serviced etc etc (although at no cost to me , thanks to complaints directly to Hyundai...)
That doesn't sound good at all. Fortunately the Bangalore weather has been outstanding and the AC performance hasn't been a cause for concern, but his aspect seems to bode ill for the future.
Old 15th June 2010, 12:14   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by modthomas View Post
In my case seat adjustment has been able to sort out this issue totally.

That doesn't sound good at all. Fortunately the Bangalore weather has been outstanding and the AC performance hasn't been a cause for concern, but his aspect seems to bode ill for the future.
its peak delhi summer here! the i20's ac is not the best of the lot i agree... but tints (good quality ones that dont let heat pass, not the cheap ones that you get at local accessory shops. They hardly make a difference) solves this to a great extent!
Old 15th June 2010, 20:49   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Not actually so. If you look closely, the cable on one end plugs into the iPOD only on the USB connector(the headphone out has nothing going into). On the other end, the cable splits the control and the Audio to a USB/3.5mm jack.
So it is something like this... the audio processor of the iPOD is used so any effects you put on it...gets translated to the sound o/p. And the cable gives you the control of the iPOD i.e playlists, browsing artists, albums everything from the steering mounted controls. So to put in a nutshell, the system is iPOD compatible "only" if you can get yourself this unique cable from Hyundai.
Ofcourse the head phone out on your ipod has got nothing to do with this.
You dont need to buy this cable to run your ipod/iphone.
1)Get yourself a normal iphone/ipod car charger.
2) Use a normal 3.5mm male to male lead and connect your ipod headphones out to your aux input.
With this wire shown in the picture you will not be able to charge your ipod. This is because the USB slot in the car has a limit on the voltage. So your ipod will be continuously shifting between charge/discharge mode. Not good for your instrument.
Take my word for it buddy .. dont use this setup... its gonna mess up your ipod/iphone battery life.
Tmrw i will post a pic of what i am using.
Its a Kensington product with a wireless remote control for the ipod.
Cheers..!!
Old 15th June 2010, 20:53   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry missed something in my last post. Whatever cable we use.. we cant control our ipod using the controls on the i20 audio system. The ipod will have to be controlled manually. This is something I know first hand.
TC buddy
Old 20th June 2010, 09:45   #43
BHPian

I got mine a few days ago... reads about 1600km on the odo.... giving close to 15-16 KMPL in Kolkata.... 6th gear, about 2000RPM and she maintains about 90 to 100KM...

It feels good till about 120KM...

Happy with the fuel efficiency... got the first servicing done from Mukesh Hyundai. The man said 15-16 is the most I can ever get out of it...
Old 21st June 2010, 04:13   #44
BHPian

@modthomas

Congrats on the car man, its a really great one at that.
Did a test drive of the CRDi (5 speed) and loved the power delivery, and especially the massive forward thrust once the turbo kicks in.

And yes, I found the AC to be a bit underwhelming after immediately comparing with the Polo and the Figo :(

Could you mention what kind of FE you are getting in your city & highway drives?
Old 21st June 2010, 05:17   #45
Senior - BHPian

Hey congrats on the new purchase, abeit a little late. The color is fantastic. Drive safe.

Most Viewed