Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2010, 13:03   #1
BHPian

My Sea Grey FIESTA #3 ;)

hello everyone.

Let me start off from where it all started...11 months back. I was desperately looking for a car coz was irritated with the autos of the city and started off my hunt. My budget at that time was arnd 4-5 lacs as I needed lesser EMIs. I took the test drive of the A-Star and boy o boy, what a drive...in its segment i did not expect a car to drive so well and have such a sprint in its pickup. I was thoroughly impressed with it and was about to start off my paperwork. At that time there was no Beat or Figo and WagonR did not stand a chance to A-Star. BUT...it all changed one fine morning a few days before Diwali. (BTW - I only wanted a petrol right from start)
I opened the newspaper and there was the Ford Fiesta Limited edition@5.4 lacs. Something struck me and before sense could prevail i called up the showroom and booked a test drive. Within 30 minutes i was at SC Ford waiting for my TD. The sales person came and took me to the car. Now to be honest it is not a good looking car by any means. At the same time it doesnt look ugly either. I like that I sat inside the car and took it out softly. The road was a little jam so had to wait till i got a strech of empty road, which I got pretty soon. There was a truck and me just behind it waiting to enter the small stretch in front of us. I just pressed the pedal n wooha...i overtook the truck in a second or so....It is that moment n today, I havent been able to get over that exhilaration yet.

But then after a few days the mind started working n i started looking at other options in the market. I went to the Auto Expo n loved every bit of the Polo. In fact the Polo 1.6 is still for me the best car to be coming soon. I test drove every car in the market that fits my new elongated budget now :P
The Ritz - brilliant brilliant engine. in the first 2 gears i found it just as good as the fiesta, but further on it loses out. Plus the looks doesnt help either.
Swift - good looking, but not so good engine(i drove the older petrol engine) and also I did not want a car that every person has...so it was out too
Punto - great drive and handling. I really felt like i am glued on to the road. it is by far the most planted car in its segment. But the initial pickup lag as well as the Fiat *** cut me off.
i-10 kappa- Just did not like the drive. it was like driving a lifeless creature. NO NO NO
i20 - worse that the i10. No ways. Plus the attitude of sales people was really sad.
BEAT - I sat in it n it felt really cool with all those gadgety items here n there... test drive was great and the car had lots of fun in it. Really impressed but....
My heart kept on tellin me all this while just one name - FIESTAfiestaFIESTA...............

Finally my parents came in April and asked which car was I buying. I hadnt decided yet but once they came I had to make up my mind. I told them lets go to Ford to check out the Figo. I got them to showroom n while they were looking and admiring the figo I was looking at my love again as it stood there in the showroom alone. As soon as we came back from the showroom i had decided on the Fiesta and told them the same. Thankfully they were cool with it. Also coz I was getting the Special Edition it wasnt costing too much either. So 2 days later I go back to the showroom and give the advance amount for a Gea Grey LE Fiesta

Dad got loan passed on his name n got a killer interest rate of 6% My EMI problem sorted n I was on my way to become a proud owner of a brand new Ford Fiesta.

Got all the money arranged in the next 20 days or so n called up the showroom to see the car before registration(thanks to team-bhp for this info BTW). They happily obliged and there she was in the workshop getting sun film installed when i saw her first
5 days later was the delivery date and in the meanwhile all the accessories were done. I got sunfilm, leather seating, Alloys, Teflon & underbody anti rust coating done on the car for now. Will be getting leather door trims and steering wheel covers soon as well. The total cost of the car on road came to 7.14 lacs including accessories n all...

Will post my driving impressions and first pictures soon.....

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Also please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Smilie usage is restricted to 2 per post

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th June 2010 at 13:38. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 15th June 2010, 13:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

I did not understand the # 3 part.
Anyway a decision nicely made. Waiting for the pics and the price details.
It was a long tiem seeing the Fiesta ownership thread post Figo launch.
Old 15th June 2010, 13:19   #3
BHPian

Congrats on the new fiesta.It's got a brilliant engine and the limited edition makes it a VFM proposition.Do post some pics.

A lil OT:Ifeel the swift with the older engine was better as far as performance is concerned.So dunno how you found it lacking on that front.The newer engine that does duty on the Ritz has been tuned keeping fuel efficiency and emissions in mind.
Old 15th June 2010, 13:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Amit on the biesta, welcome to the Fiesta club. Mandatory details such as OTR, insurance, accessories, photos are a must for all Fiesta owners. Pls post them ASAP.
Personally IMHO I find my Fiesta beautiful and keep her that way. I am sure you too will slowly start appreciating the looks.
Old 15th June 2010, 13:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations becoming proud fiesta owner.
its purely a Drivers car - you will enjoy it!
Old 15th June 2010, 13:36   #6
BHPian

Congrats Amit. It is really exiting when you get the ride you have always wanted.
Old 15th June 2010, 13:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your car Amit. Fiesta is a good car. Awaiting for pics and the #3 explaination
Old 16th June 2010, 11:36   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
I did not understand the # 3 part.
Anyway a decision nicely made. Waiting for the pics and the price details.
It was a long tiem seeing the Fiesta ownership thread post Figo launch.
Will post the pics soon along with the first drive report. #3 because this is the third Sea Grey Fiesta on this forum as far as I can remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
Congrats on the new fiesta.It's got a brilliant engine and the limited edition makes it a VFM proposition.Do post some pics.

A lil OT:Ifeel the swift with the older engine was better as far as performance is concerned.So dunno how you found it lacking on that front.The newer engine that does duty on the Ritz has been tuned keeping fuel efficiency and emissions in mind.
Disagree and agree. The older engine was better in higher gears but in 1 and 2 the 1.2K is ages ahead of the old one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Congrats Amit on the biesta, welcome to the Fiesta club. Mandatory details such as OTR, insurance, accessories, photos are a must for all Fiesta owners. Pls post them ASAP.
Personally IMHO I find my Fiesta beautiful and keep her that way. I am sure you too will slowly start appreciating the looks.
I have started loving the front and side profiles of the car though the back still is not my taste.
I mentioned in my last post itself but here is a quick recap of the main details:
OTR price - 6.7 lacs Mumbai
Accessories - Leather seating, sunfilm, Alloys, Underbody coating and teflon.
Total cost of car with accessories - 7.14

pics coming today
Old 16th June 2010, 11:57   #9
BHPian

Hey congrats! You will surely enjoy the drive.

Finished my 2nd service yday...not a 100% nice/satisfactory experience as far as a.s.s (actually the particular service advisor who interacted with me)..but the moment, I got my car back and drove it, all was forgiven. Post the Engine oil change, it is pure bliss to drive.
Old 16th June 2010, 12:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma123 View Post
I have started loving the front and side profiles of the car though the back still is not my taste.
Good to know that the Fiesta is growing on you.
BTW you still have decoded what#3 means. Does it mean Third Fiesta owned by you or in the family or what? Pls clarify
Old 16th June 2010, 12:56   #11
BHPian

here are some initial pictures of the car friends. Will post more over the weekend

Picasa Web Albums - Bad
Picasa Web Albums - Bad - Fiesta

Picasa Web Albums - Bad

Picasa Web Albums - Bad - Fiesta

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th June 2010 at 14:34. Reason: Please read the note in your post, very carefully, thanks
Old 16th June 2010, 12:59   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Good to know that the Fiesta is growing on you.
BTW you still have decoded what#3 means. Does it mean Third Fiesta owned by you or in the family or what? Pls clarify
As mentioned in my earlier post, #3 means this is the third Sea Grey Fiesta in the TBHP family
Old 16th June 2010, 13:03   #13
Senior - BHPian

Amit.

Photos not attached properly, pls do so again.
Old 16th June 2010, 13:13   #14
BHPian

Ensure to upload photos on tbhp attachment option - outside link will not work.

Do you have 2 Fiesta's - Bad & Good;-}
Old 16th June 2010, 13:39   #15
Senior - BHPian

seems he has given only 4 photographs. Click the link he has given above and then the photos can be seen but preferably could have been uploaded on the forum itself
(attachment option)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks