Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2010, 18:57   #61
BHPian

Ist servicing update,

Ritzy was ready to be serviced with 1000kms on the odo and 1 month date from purchase co inciding on the same date.( odo read 1009)

Service experience:

Wonderful ! Courteous service. On time delivery.

The showroom I got it serviced is very close to my home and is different from the one where I purchased the car. The sales guy had told me yesterday that I could call him anytime if there were any problems during the service at this different showroom and service centre.

While taking the delivery, was greeted by the same sales guy who had incidentally come down to this service centre for a training and took a break from his training session to come down and check if my car was being serviced properly( since he knew from our conversation yesterday that I would be taking the car to service). All this without me insisting on it or knowing that he was in the same service centre. He made sure that everything was going fine before hurrying back to his session.

Wonderful gesture. Really appreciate it.

1. Fixed the door rattling - door latches on fron doors were fixed.The noise is gone now.

2. Got an anti rust coating done for her @ Rs 2300.

3. Got some accessories like body cover,mobile charger,idol,perfume etc.

4. Washing,engine oil,coolant topping, door greasing etc done as per normal servicing procedure.

5.Leather seats - Blue coloured seats not available to go with the bluish grey interior. Would get that when the stock arrives.

6. Reverse parking sensor - would think of it when I have adequate vitamin M.
Old 25th July 2010, 00:02   #62
Senior - BHPian

The seat belts give some noise at times. Better keep them intact wherever and whenever necessary. The spares of this car is easily available as well as cheap among this category cars. Feel like driving a big car. The seat height is a great advantage of comfortable seating. The window glasses seems some rattles when it is totally lowered. Planning to keep some sponge packing during next service. 30K service is to be done and waiting for some spare time.
Old 25th July 2010, 10:11   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu_romil View Post
2. Got an anti rust coating done for her @ Rs 2300.
My SA at Vitesse, Prabhadevi (M.A.S.S.) has told me that Ritz is the only car from Maruti which comes with under body anti rust protection. On a different day I confirmed that with another SA of the same M.A.S.S. They clearly said no need for this?

Is it true? If not why they are loosing the money?
Old 25th July 2010, 11:32   #64
BHPian

You mean it comes with anti rust coating from the factory?

Dont think so. In fact I bargained a lot for a free coat during purchase but couldnt get it.
Old 1st August 2010, 02:31   #65
BHPian

FE update post first servicing :

Getting 14 - 15 consistently now with 100% ac and stereo.
Old 1st August 2010, 13:15   #66
RDB

Hey buddy, could you comment on the handling of this car as compared to the swift, especially the body roll, if you experienced any? What about the high speed stability of the car?
Old 2nd August 2010, 00:11   #67
BHPian

Swift handles better than Ritz no doubt,IMO.

Personally, I like the stance and the reassuring drive that can be attributed to swift's design.

At high speeds -(which I can comment now after pushing it fast a couple of times, once the car crossed around 1500kms on odo)

>> If safety is your concern : I have found Ritzy's handling adequate and at no point of time did I feel unsafe.

>> If driving pleasure is what you are looking for :
I used to love the 5th gear of esteem and the grip that it had on high speeds. Comparatively, although I think Swift wud give better driving pleasure on such speeds than Ritz, still I could enjoy Ritz's drive too.

The only time when I get a bit nervous and bothered about body roll is when I take sharp u turns..although my friends who own tall boys like wagon R have reassured that its temporary and because of my transition from a low height sedan to a tall boy car.

----
On a different note, FE update on a 120 kms stretch :

Went to watch a movie during peak city traffic hours and I was curious what would the FE be like.
As luck would have it, the trip included a full 30 minutes inch by inch movement in the parking queues of a multiplex with AC and stereo on all the while.

Surprise - The FE returned was 11.9. Not bad i think.

Last edited by anu_romil : 2nd August 2010 at 00:17. Reason: spelling errors
Old 8th August 2010, 02:23   #68
BHPian

FE has settled to 14 + now. Would like to know what other Ritz owners are getting.
Old 8th August 2010, 18:08   #69
ada
BHPian

Hi Anu, congrats on your purchase (I should visit team-bhp more often), Ritz is an excellent purchase, I own white Ritz-ZXI, bought within the first month of launch. It is my observation in Mumbai that of all the new car launches, Ritz is the most abundantly seen. Ritz is a steady car, no flashiness, no glitz, will do the job you ask her. Welcome again to the Ritz club.
Old 14th August 2010, 09:49   #70
BHPian

Thanks Ada.

Can you suggest some good leather seats for the car?
Old 14th August 2010, 22:08   #71
BHPian

After a 1.5 months break, car shopping for the car has started again.

Bought a SP 700 jabra bluetooth handfree kit to take and place calls.

What can it do:
  • Pair two phones simultaneously.
  • speaker quality quite good with noise reduction and echo removal features
  • FM transmitter option..play music and calls on ur car speakers. really liked it
  • music from phone can also be played on car speakers
  • comes with car charger and can also be charged via laptop/computer(usb)
  • can be conveniently placed on the sun vizor with a clip.
  • Calls can be received conveniently with a single click. Add to this the mute button on steering of ritz zxi and we have a powerful co-ordination of technology to mute music/take calls/resume music.
  • A missed number can be called back by just a click.
  • Nice voice announcements like -'ready for pairing' or 'low batter', call ended etc.
Downside - No memory-remembers only the last received/dialled/missed number.

" Stay on the right side of the law while taking calls on the wheel"
Old 14th August 2010, 22:27   #72
BHPian

Forgot the voice dial and mute options from a phone that supports voice dialling.
Old 14th September 2010, 16:25   #73
BHPian

Hey just want to confirm on thins. I got my Ritz Serviced today. Its the first free service. I was told that Engine oil will be changed during the 3 rd free service. Is this the norm now?
Old 14th September 2010, 16:31   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Hey just want to confirm on thins. I got my Ritz Serviced today. Its the first free service. I was told that Engine oil will be changed during the 3 rd free service. Is this the norm now?
Yes that is correct. No oil change during the 1st and 2nd service. Oil change only only at 3rd service(10 k kms). I can't understand the logic behind this unless the engine is pre run for 1000 kms at the plant.
Old 14th September 2010, 17:52   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu_romil View Post
After a 1.5 months break, car shopping for the car has started again.

Bought a SP 700 jabra bluetooth handfree kit to take and place calls.

What can it do:
  • Pair two phones simultaneously.
  • speaker quality quite good with noise reduction and echo removal features
  • FM transmitter option..play music and calls on ur car speakers. really liked it
  • music from phone can also be played on car speakers
  • comes with car charger and can also be charged via laptop/computer(usb)
  • can be conveniently placed on the sun vizor with a clip.
  • Calls can be received conveniently with a single click. Add to this the mute button on steering of ritz zxi and we have a powerful co-ordination of technology to mute music/take calls/resume music.
  • A missed number can be called back by just a click.
  • Nice voice announcements like -'ready for pairing' or 'low batter', call ended etc.
Downside - No memory-remembers only the last received/dialled/missed number.

" Stay on the right side of the law while taking calls on the wheel"
Anu_romil,
This sound like a good device to have .Could you please let us know how is the setup done for the same , i mean to say what needs to be done to be able to use the car speakers to make and take calls.
I googled, but some how didn't get concrete info,so if you could give us some more details about it , will be really nice.
And also how much did you pay for the same .
Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 14th September 2010 at 17:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks