Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2010, 11:27   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
I havent seen any such thing in my car

Any other Fiestians have this feature on your car's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
No such indications on the dashboard in my Fiesta atleast and that too for the rear seat belts. Dont know if @raghuholla has a special one.
I wish I had one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
Nopes it isn't there on mine as well - dont think Fiestas have it. The cars that do have this feature also have an annoying 3 second beep to remind you, so its actually a useful feature.
Guys, Fiesta has seat belts sign/indicator on dashboard, but I will check if it has also has seat belt warning option. I never had a warning so far, as It is mandatory for everyone wear (including rear) in my car! Otherwise I won't drive! Let me check and comeback to you guys on this indicator.
Old 6th July 2010, 20:04   #47
BHPian

@nairrk, ghodlur & Buddha!
Its my mistake, I got it confused with Airbag sign! I owe you guys an apology! Sorry!
Guess I too have 'normal' fiesta like all you guys.
Old 11th July 2010, 23:31   #48
BHPian

First Hiccup

None of my planned updates or weekend trips have materialized yet - been busy with work and all that. So the Fiesta gradually slipped below the radar of consciousness, but she came roaring back onto the surface today, and how!

So I went down to the petrol bunk to get her tanked up, and guess what, the fuel filler lid wouldnt open! Just wouldnt open. Lock, Unlock, Yank, Repeat. Nada. Groped around to see if there was indeed a button or lever somewhere below the dash, nopes. Drove away for a short spin and came back, hoping that perhaps her head had cleared by then, but no, still resolutely stuck.

Finally called Mahindra's 24x7 roadside assistance, and boy were they useful! Sent someone soon - well, 30 mins actually, but I got some other work done in the meantime. The mechanic came, fixed it up in 20 mins and voila, we were back in business! Apparently some rat had nibbled away part of the wiring near the fuel filler switch. A quick taping, and it got fine. Net net I am happy that these Mahindra chaps are around to help out.

Anyhow, this was free for Mahindra customers, but others too can apparently use the service. It was actually outsourced to MyTVS - reachable at 1800 425 2002 for anyone who needs 24x7 assistance. I like!

BTW my Mahindra experience is listed here: ..
Old 12th July 2010, 07:49   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So I went down to the petrol bunk to get her tanked up, and guess what, the fuel filler lid wouldnt open! Just wouldnt open. Lock, Unlock, Yank, Repeat. Nada. Groped around to see if there was indeed a button or lever somewhere below the dash, nopes. Drove away for a short spin and came back, hoping that perhaps her head had cleared by then, but no, still resolutely stuck.
Suprised to know that the fuel filler lid not operating. Dont you have the remote fuel open lid lever at the side of the driver seat. I am sure you must have tried that. Phew good to know that the issue has been resolved but this raised another issue of rat menace. Had you checked the operation of the lid opening before taking gthe delivery or was it not operating after that. If its after deilvery, you need a cat to catch the rat.
Old 12th July 2010, 12:52   #50
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Suprised to know that the fuel filler lid not operating. Dont you have the remote fuel open lid lever at the side of the driver seat.
In the Fiesta, it is linked to the central locking. In the Figo, there is a button on the dashboard.

Nothing by the side of the driver's seat, sadly!
Old 12th July 2010, 13:57   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Dont you have the remote fuel open lid lever at the side of the driver seat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
In the Fiesta, it is linked to the central locking. In the Figo, there is a button on the dashboard.

Nothing by the side of the driver's seat, sadly!
trrk is right, my car doesnt have any lever or switch for the fuel lid. Its just connected to the central locking. Is it different in yours Ghodlur?

BTW it worked fine the last few times I refuelled, so wasnt related to pre-delivery inspection. And rat is the reason given by the mechanic - dont know how much to believe him. That fuse was located quite high up - inside the wheel well a few inches above the wheel. Find it hard to believe rat would go all the way up there. But who knows (worried).
Old 12th July 2010, 14:15   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
trrk is right, my car doesnt have any lever or switch for the fuel lid. Its just connected to the central locking. Is it different in yours Ghodlur?
Yes, in the new Fiestas there is a separate lever for the fuel lid under the drivers's seat.
Old 12th July 2010, 14:40   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

BTW it worked fine the last few times I refuelled, so wasnt related to pre-delivery inspection. And rat is the reason given by the mechanic - dont know how much to believe him. That fuse was located quite high up - inside the wheel well a few inches above the wheel. Find it hard to believe rat would go all the way up there. But who knows (worried).
As Gilead said it righlty the lever is available in the new Fiesta.

Believe the rat can go any places. In fact to places where few dare to, I mean the mechanics. I had this issue when during the first service I was told that there were some rat droppings on the engine and other places in the engine bay. Was told to keep a turmeric piece in the engine area (my father has some of these weird suggestions), I did (had to) and dont know whether that helped but the menace was definitely reduced.
Old 12th July 2010, 18:35   #54
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Yes, in the new Fiestas there is a separate lever for the fuel lid under the drivers's seat.
Quote:
As Gilead said it righlty the lever is available in the new Fiesta.
That is interesting. So is not connected to the central locking any more?

That is a step backwards!
Old 13th July 2010, 08:07   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
That is interesting. So is not connected to the central locking any more?
That is a step backwards!
It is still connected to the central locking. Unless the central locking is unlatched the lever does not open the remote fuel filler lid.
Old 14th July 2010, 14:24   #56
BHPian

Quote:
It is still connected to the central locking. Unless the central locking is unlatched the lever does not open the remote fuel filler lid.
Are you sure? It doesn't works that way for me.. as stated in post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1970674
Lever opens even when central locking is latched! Can anyone confirm if it problem with my vehicle or it is how it works?
Old 14th July 2010, 16:23   #57
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 17th July 2010 at 12:08.
carfanatic007 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th July 2010, 08:01   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Are you sure? It doesn't works that way for me.. as stated in post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1970674
Lever opens even when central locking is latched! Can anyone confirm if it problem with my vehicle or it is how it works?
@Ragu

You are right. Even with the central locking latched I was able to open the remote fuel filler lid when I tried it today during refuelling. I guess when I had tried earlier I was not checking it properly. My mistake, sorry for that.
Old 16th July 2010, 12:19   #59
BHPian

In 2006 Fiesta, the external fuel lid and internal boot lid will not open if central locking latched. I came to know this very recently. Sorry if Off-Topic.
Old 16th July 2010, 13:14   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
In 2006 Fiesta, the external fuel lid and internal boot lid will not open if central locking latched. I came to know this very recently. Sorry if Off-Topic.
Same is the case with my 2007 Fiesta. I think that new lever was installed in 2008 models onwards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks