Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2010, 10:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Damu on your latest Sporty White Acquisition.

As many have already mentioned, a White Fiesta 1.6S is very rare and only recently I did see one near my place (Jayanagar). Since you got the delivery yesterday, I am pretty sure it wasn't your ride.

Are you from South Bangalore bro by any chance ? Coz AFAIK there are 3 Sporty Fords around my place already and this would only make it a sweeter place to stay for me !!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 23rd July 2010 at 10:19.
Old 23rd July 2010, 10:24   #17
BHPian

i m surprized, they stil make those?? Last i inquired about the "S" variant and they said they dont make that anymore! Its one of the brilliant cars available today, the only other car i loved in that space was Cedia Sportz but it goes on the other side of 10L mark.

How much was the OTR price ?? also awaiting the pic's of the interiors
Old 23rd July 2010, 10:46   #18
BHPian

Hey Damu. How much did you pay for your car? And what other freebies did you get with it?

I booked my 1.6S with lathangi ford. It should be here soon.

Lets catch up then.
Old 23rd July 2010, 10:53   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
COngrats. Nice choice. Is the 1.6S still available? I think i heard somewhere that they were being discontinued.
I really love those alloys that come on the S.
Thanks Gemi!
Yes, the 1.6S is very much available although it is made only when a booking is done. My luck I asked for white and 1 white was available in the factory.
Yes, I agree those alloys look good. I wouldn't change to aftermarket alloys, these are very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Congratulations Damu!! Wishing you many more happy miles.This is the 'n'th Ikon to Fiesta story in T-BHP!!
Thanks Kiku!
I wonder how many (actual numbers) moved from Ikon to Fiesta (any variant). Would be interesting to know the stats. (You are one too!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
congrats dam, now the envy follows
can you tell what was the on road price, any discounts etc that you managed to get? and was the sales guy avinash? is this the one near palace grounds?
you have a fantastic colour!! enjoy the ride!
also one more thing, few others like gilead, nair, etc have confirmed that auto lock wont happen even with central lock in place, after you start the car. can you confirm this?
Thanks GeekSrik!
Sales in charge was Kiran, and he followed up well with me over a month patiently. I am happy with the sales bit. Yes Metro Ford on Palace Road.
Glad you like the white - white is a colour I like and so did my wife.
Auto lock - I will check this and let you know.
Price - am still trying to get some freebies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Congratulations becoming a proud owner of Fiesta - Enjoy driving miles and miles!.
You have the car at your home and all pooja ceremonies are over - imo, it is time to remove those ribbons on the bonnet, if not removed already!!
Thanks Nair!
Ribbon is very nice so I'm keeping it - in the glove box

BTW, I read in the forum that you have maintained a list of Fiestas, please add me to your list, and can you give me the link to this list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
Congrats Damu.The S is a rare breed.Ive driven one.What impressed me most was the tight suspension.This car is the perfect combination of performance and handling this side of 10 lakhs.Could you please share the pricing details/discounts on the car?
NJOI.
Thanks octane!
You're right, the tight suspension is the key to this car's performance and makes it stand out. Even from my Ikon, which is itself fantastic, this is a step up.

Biggest discount was my wife's corporate discount!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post
Congrats Damu,
Thats a nice car and color that you have selected. Wish you many wonderful miles ahead. Please do post initial ownership reports after couple of long drives
Thanks Ravi, am really glad to see that many like the white. Makes me feel good!
Will post driving reports frequently.

Guys, thanks a ton for your wishes. I will reply to all in batches!
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:10   #20
BHPian

Congratulations Damu for your wonderful ride. I too own a White Fiesta (1.6 SXi) and people so much admire this color. Only thing is that you have to keep it dust/mud free. The white color looks best in night under lights.

Driving experience? I need not comment as I started/learned driving in my Fiesta only 6 months. You are more experienced to comment. For me, its too addictive to sit behind the wheels.

Congratulations again.
Old 23rd July 2010, 14:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

Damu, congratulations!!
I was surprised and pleasantly shocked to see this thread.
I knew you have been thinking of replacing the Ikon, but with your recent tranquebar trip,I was not expecting the car to be replaced so soon.
Anyways, a very good choice and an logical upgrade. Can't get out of that ford thing, isn't it. White looks damn good with the spoiler.
Congratulations once again. Have fun!! and now am envy!!!
Old 23rd July 2010, 14:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic choice! Congrats! The best car this side of 10 lakh rupee.
Old 23rd July 2010, 14:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, Damu, for the beautiful purchase !

How was the overall buying experience at Metro Ford ?

Would appreciate a quick first impression on the ride and handling comparison between your new Fiesta and the Ikon

Enjoy many miles in your Fiesta !
Old 23rd July 2010, 18:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

Holy cow Damu, so you finally went and did it. I must have missed it in case you had posted on the 'I booked my car' thread. Congrats! As you said, nothing else would do after driving an Ikon 1.6. I have lost track of the number of Ikon->Fiesta members on this forum. I bet there are a lot many more outside as well.

Your review still hasn't covered the main reason that makes the 1.6S special- the drive. Please post your driving experience at the earliest.

Since you say the car was readily available at the factory, you may want to check the VIN to see if it was recently manufactured and BS4 compliant. As you are aware, the car is made to order and you will not find too many sitting in the factory yard. Maybe there was a last minute cancelation.

This makes it only the second Diamond White 1.6S on the forum after frankmehta's. I have never seen one on the road till now. Not sure if you are a fan of tints, but it will look even more fabulous with dark tints.

Congrats once again to you and to your wife and welcome to our exclusive group.

EDIT: Did you trade in the Ikon?

Last edited by Gilead : 23rd July 2010 at 18:54.
Old 23rd July 2010, 19:29   #25
Senior - BHPian

Wow, what a beauty----congrats Damu. I have never seen an S in white and I must confess it looks darn good!

The wing mirrors look the most elegant in White Fiestas as the black contrasts with the white on the outer part. In darker cars like mine, the contrast is not that clear.

Last edited by vnabhi : 23rd July 2010 at 19:30.
Old 23rd July 2010, 19:43   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Beautiful!!!Ikon to Fiesta - come what may, you still own your Josh machine Congrats. And how about that number? Was it as per request? I would have loved if it was 6040.
Any plan on changing the shoes? Are these alloys to stay?
Thanks Jothi! Yes, my son's was a last minute plea and I was more than pleased to keep the Ikon in our family - no one at home wanted to say good bye to it.

No plans to change the tyres/alloys, in fact I like the Ford alloys.

Number was sheer luck. I went to RTO to give my photo and saw the register on the desk. This was few numbers ahead. Yes I would have liked 6040 too, because my Ikon is 5040.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLN View Post
Congrats on the Fiesta "S". Congrats once again and happy and safe motoring
I just loved everything about the Fiesta S - the interiors in my opinion are fantastic, much better than even the leather stuff in the SXi. The power and the handling are fascinating - I happened to drive the car on a highway with a few nice curves and that is where the car really shines.
Thanks JLN!

I agree with you on the interiors, the fabric seats are very comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLN View Post
It is so planted that you really feel like a race car driver (ok - i may be exaggerating a little here).
No exaggeration, this feeling is there in the ikon too. I haven't taken the S out anywhere yet so will find out the "S" effect later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Excellent choice there mate. She looks gorgeous in white. Please post some more pics, with interiors.

Wish you many miles of fida driving!
Thanks quad! Pics will be added regularly! I'm really thrilled that many people like the white too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats Damu on your latest Sporty White Acquisition.

As many have already mentioned, a White Fiesta 1.6S is very rare and only recently I did see one near my place (Jayanagar). Since you got the delivery yesterday, I am pretty sure it wasn't your ride.

Are you from South Bangalore bro by any chance ? Coz AFAIK there are 3 Sporty Fords around my place already and this would only make it a sweeter place to stay for me !!
Thanks Vik! Nope, I'm afraid I'm far, far away in East Bangalore (Sadanandanagar off Old Madras Road). Sweetening up Bangalore East, that's what my latest girlfriend is doing!

BTW, in just a radius of 500 metres from my place there are FOUR 1.6 Ikons! All superbly maintained. Such a joy to see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
i m surprized, they stil make those?? Last i inquired about the "S" variant and they said they dont make that anymore!
They're manufactured only upon booking, butters, same for Fiesta. Takes between 4 to 6 weeks. Metro Ford told me this is because they are hard pressed to deliver Figos which are selling like hot cakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Devil View Post
Hey Damu. How much did you pay for your car? And what other freebies did you get with it? I booked my 1.6S with lathangi ford. It should be here soon.
Lets catch up then.
Hi Red, Got a corporate discount through my wife's company and the standard Ford dealer offers of insurance, but lost out on exchange bonus as I kept the Ikon.

When is your S being delivered? Sure we'll catch up with the 'S's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Congratulations Damu for your wonderful ride. I too own a White Fiesta (1.6 SXi) and people so much admire this color.
Driving experience? I need not comment as I started/learned driving in my Fiesta only 6 months. You are more experienced to comment. For me, its too addictive to sit behind the wheels.
Congratulations again.
Thanks Mayukh! Yes I too really love this white. Looks lovely with the dark interiors. and huge alloys. Driving experience yet to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Damu, congratulations!!
I was surprised and pleasantly shocked to see this thread.
I knew you have been thinking of replacing the Ikon, but with your recent tranquebar trip,I was not expecting the car to be replaced so soon.
Anyways, a very good choice and an logical upgrade. Can't get out of that ford thing, isn't it. White looks damn good with the spoiler.
Congratulations once again. Have fun!! and now am envy!!!
Hey there FM!

Thanks and yes it was a bit sudden in that the white was readily available otherwise my plan was to take delivery in mid-September.

In Tranquebar we had decided on the S, but had not paid. I paid the booking last Thursday and it was here on Monday, so yes, it was very sudden, even for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Can't get out of that ford thing, isn't it.
You said it bro! Exactly, and you know that same feeling too with your Ikon!

Now you can expect me in Hyderabad as soon as the run in is over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Fantastic choice! Congrats! The best car this side of 10 lakh rupee.
Thanks ExtremeTorque! You're right, that's the big plus point here - "this side of 10 lakh rupee"

Last edited by Damu : 23rd July 2010 at 19:45. Reason: Spelling mistake!
Old 23rd July 2010, 20:38   #27
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the new buy!

So who gets to drive the Scorpio?
Old 23rd July 2010, 23:30   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Congrats, Damu, for the beautiful purchase !
How was the overall buying experience at Metro Ford ?
Would appreciate a quick first impression on the ride and handling comparison between your new Fiesta and the Ikon
Enjoy many miles in your Fiesta !
Hi Mooza, Thanks! Buying experience was good, I have no complaints. The only problem was that there was no 'S' demo car. They only had an SXI for demo.

Quick comparo? Yes, I can understand your query, as an Ikon 1.6 owner that is the biggest question - "is it as good as the Ikon 1.6?" This was my big question too.

Well, a proper comparo will have to wait a bit, but with the limited driving I've done, I'd say without hesitation that this is a refined version of the Ikon 1.6. A worthy successor to the King of Quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Holy cow Damu, so you finally went and did it.
Your review still hasn't covered the main reason that makes the 1.6S special- the drive. Please post your driving experience at the earliest.

Since you say the car was readily available at the factory, you may want to check the VIN to see if it was recently manufactured and BS4 compliant.

Not sure if you are a fan of tints, but it will look even more fabulous with dark tints.

Congrats once again to you and to your wife and welcome to our exclusive group.

EDIT: Did you trade in the Ikon?
Gilead thanks!

Review will come up in a few days, as I've hardly driven it.

VIN. Yes, I was worried too and specifically demanded to know the date of manufacture before signing my cheque for deposit. Metro called Ford plant and was told it was 41 days old. That was on Wednesday last (14th July). After your post I checked with the great VIN thread here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1979658

post 871 by Wildon and my VIN crucial digits are A and U that makes it June 2010. So that fits in with what I was told.

BSIV, yes it is, it is in the invoice, but there's no other document I could see certifying this. How does one know besides the invoice? Is there a certificate for this?

Tints, well I have to admit I prefer untinted; I've never put sun film for any of my cars. But she looks great anyway because the glass is already tinted lightly and the interior is dark.

My son has taken the Ikon so it stays in the family. None of us were happy to part with it, she's so much a part of our family. Even my wife was very unhappy thinking we'd lose the Ikon.

So now I have two of the greatest driver's cars ever made in this country in my garage.

My landlord saw this (below) and said, "Damu, as you have honoured my humble garage in this exalted manner, I hereby declare that I shall not charge you rent for the garage portion henceforth"

Ford Fiesta 1.6S, Significantly Special...-dscn0652.jpg

Nice, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Wow, what a beauty----congrats Damu. I have never seen an S in white and I must confess it looks darn good!

The wing mirrors look the most elegant in White Fiestas as the black contrasts with the white on the outer part. In darker cars like mine, the contrast is not that clear.
Thanks vnabhi!

Yes, Ford has highlighted the blacks and whites nicely. I too noticed this when taking delivery. Even under the rear bumper they've put a black piece. Some neat styling there.

Looking forward to the new Fiesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Congrats on the new buy!

So who gets to drive the Scorpio?
Scorpio is not ours, Ampere! But my wife will very soon be driving the Fiesta, that's for sure Age hasn't dampened her enthusiasm. It won't suit her for town because it's too harsh. But on the highway, yes, she'll enjoy it.
Old 23rd July 2010, 23:56   #29
BHPian

Honestly, white S was my second choice when we were deciding our S's colour. The problem is that, if you don't know, Haryana is a ''white car'' state, so, we ended up booking the newest colour introduced for the S- Sea Grey.
Even our first car, Zen (2000) had a colour introduced just a week before our purchase- Moonbeam Silver.
So, we thought why not do the same thing this time around as well. Plus, the colour is gorgeous, majestic and looks ultra modern. But, I do miss white. In real life, I have seen only a white S after the regular test drive blue car at the showroom and a week back I saw a very badly maintained S in Morello driven by a lady- LOL! Anyways, tomorrow I shall be going for my car's PDI. I can't sleep at all.
Best of regards
Abhinav
Old 24th July 2010, 00:21   #30
BHPian

By the way, I would like to get this kind of number plates as well, what is the general term for such kind of number plates?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks